5 minute Epoxy (Moved to Cafe by Size15s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yclo

Flashaholic*
When you guys use this stuff, do you use paper or something to make a tray so that it doesn't just flow down everywhere and onto the table?

If so, does the paper stick to the epoxy? Is there something that I can use to shape the epoxy while it's setting, and remove it later?

Thanks.

YC

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
yclo,
if you're talking about a release agent kind of thing, then the easiest way is to spray the "mould" with WD-40. Throw off the excess liquid, then leave it to completely dry out.
You're left with a very fine film of dry-lubricant which will stop most things sticking to it, but allow a microscopically close fit.
Often, if you do that in a metal container, just using warm water will break it free from apparently sealed-up.

Depending on the shape, foil can be used as a mould.
Or if there is a particular situation, then "Scotchtape" or "Sellotape", or cling-film can hold a shape, using foil or foam to keep it in a form, without really taking up much space if you leave it in situ.

I always use a foil or paper worksurface for mixing two-part adhesives. It's important to stir all the stuff very well.
Y'know, I read that most of those glues need a mix of 99.95% accuracy to develop their full properties.
I go as far as scraping the stirrer along the base of the blob of adhesive, to try and keep the mix accurate, because most of them seem to have very low viscosity at that point.

lightlover

Status
Not open for further replies.