• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 7000+ Lumen 3" Hotwire

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, i get no response on my PM.Do i demand too much if i want an answer, yes or no? :sigh::mad:

You sent me a PM yesterday sorry if I can't get back to everyone asking me questions all day long. Red light number 5 has been withdrawn.....sorry.

Mac

steed77

Newly Enlightened
Shucks.... too late for this :(

If not PM me can paypal :thumbsup:

Last edited:

JetskiMark

Enlightened
Hello Mac,

Do you have an estimate as to when these will ship? I know it has only been two weeks, but I am getting anxious. I have spare bulbs and my Triton is ready....

Regards,
Mark

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Mac,

Do you have an estimate as to when these will ship? I know it has only been two weeks, but I am getting anxious. I have spare bulbs and my Triton is ready....

Regards,
Mark

The battery packs are enroute to me as of this morning. I should have them early next week and should start shipping mid next week.

Mac

BMF

Enlightened
Originally Posted by JetskiMark
Hello Mac,

Regards,
Mark

The battery packs are enroute to me as of this morning. I should have them early next week and should start shipping mid next week.

Mac

Good news! I can't wait to receive it.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent, thanks for the update. I have a new M6 on the way that should be here any day. So I think I might be able to survive for another couple of weeks....

Regards,
Mark

The M6 is a great light. With new cells the output is like 1000 lumens.

Mac

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I had intended shipping the packs to Mac on Monday...but I forgot about Easter weekend with friends and family. I make sure to test the Elite 1500mAh 2/3A cells on arrival, and several days after a full charge to weed out any sub-optimal cells, then when pack is done charge/discharge/slow condition charge @ 0.2A to 'balance' the cells. Bottom line is doing all of that + making pack in quality manner takes more time that I always plan. I shipped them Priority Mail to Mac this morning next state over, so this last delay is my fault.

I included a set of magnet charging leads with each pack, and will stand behind my work for "a reasonable time period," so let me know if any problems with packs. They should charge up to 21.50 - 22V, and will get warm/slightly hot at end of charge cycle.

Keep in mind that these Elite 1500 2/3A cells self-discharge voltage faster than most NiMH, so you may want to charge them close to use, then let rest for an hour. I also find they seem to charge better (take more total mA input) at 0.5 to 0.8 Amp rate than > 1.0A Finally, if you have a hobby charger and can do a 0.2A slow charge periodically (every 12-15 cycles), it will help balance/fully charge each cell.

Oh yeah, beautiful lights! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had intended shipping the packs to Mac on Monday...but I forgot about Easter weekend with friends and family. I make sure to test the Elite 1500mAh 2/3A cells on arrival, and several days after a full charge to weed out any sub-optimal cells, then when pack is done charge/discharge/slow condition charge @ 0.2A to 'balance' the cells. Bottom line is doing all of that + making pack in quality manner takes more time that I always plan. I shipped them Priority Mail to Mac this morning next state over, so this last delay is my fault.

I included a set of magnet charging leads with each pack, and will stand behind my work for "a reasonable time period," so let me know if any problems with packs. They should charge up to 21.50 - 22V, and will get warm/slightly hot at end of charge cycle.

Keep in mind that these Elite 1500 2/3A cells self-discharge voltage faster than most NiMH, so you may want to charge them close to use, then let rest for an hour. I also find they seem to charge better (take more total mA input) at 0.5 to 0.8 Amp rate than > 1.0A Finally, if you have a hobby charger and can do a 0.2A slow charge periodically (every 12-15 cycles), it will help balance/fully charge each cell.

Oh yeah, beautiful lights! :thumbsup:

impressive knowledge!:green:

and wow! really good lights...I'll keep dreaming...:sleepy:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW!!! These things are friggin awesome!!! Great work Mac and Lux!!!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
With Mac's permission, and because I got two PM's asking essentially the same questions, I thought I would post my last reply to a buyer in this incan section thread.

It is important to recognize that when you move into a 15 cell battery pack, that you are crossing into the land of the Radio Controlled ("RC") hobbyists in terms of battery pack size, voltages, current, performance, and charging needs....so it is useful to consider (if you can afford it) upgrading your charger and take better care of the batteries.

LoveShack

Newly Enlightened
I went for the 1210i, now I just need a few extra 15packs from you Mr.Luthor. If you live anywhere around the Sf bayarea, just glance towards the highest peak at night...You'll see me