7X Skyray King XML-T6 Says 4X 18650 Batteries; Could I only use two 18650 batteries??

hgrunt

Newly Enlightened
7X Skyray King XML-T6 Says 4X 18650 Batteries; Could I only use two 18650 3100 MAH batteries??

Is this dangerous? I ordered two protected cells right now and the charger VP1.

hgrunt

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone one done any test and just ran their 7X skyray on two 18650 batteries? How did it go?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
7X Skyray King XML-T6 Says 4X 18650 Batteries; Could I only use two 18650 3100 MAH batteries??

Is this dangerous? I ordered two protected cells right now and the charger VP1.

I'm not seeing any mention of 1 or 2 cells, in even the standard SRK, so I don't know what to tell you?

If it says to use four 18650 cells, why would you only buy two?

I don't think that you can hurt anything buy putting two cells in, if they're all to be run in parallel, so perhaps give it a whirl.

Probably won't work, is all.

Chris

hgrunt

Newly Enlightened
I'm not seeing any mention of 1 or 2 cells, in even the standard SRK, so I don't know what to tell you?

If it says to use four 18650 cells, why would you only buy two?

I don't think that you can hurt anything buy putting two cells in, if they're all to be run in parallel, so perhaps give it a whirl.

Probably won't work, is all.

Chris

I've read people have used 1 cell,2 or even 3. Not sure for how long though and often?

caleb_v

Newly Enlightened
You can use as many cells as you want. The torch runs fine on just one. But you do get voltage sag. Depending on the driver that's in the SRK it may or may not have low voltage protection. So test cells often. Is still recommend running 4 cells as it will pull a lot of amps and drain 1cell fast I have 6amp at the tail on my 7x lml2 SRK.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for caleb's comment. SRKs are parallel driven lights. It will run off any number of cells. Just be aware that the light will pull hard, and you will experience voltage sag and your run time will be shorter than if you used 4 cells. If you do run on only 1 or 2 cells, please use high quality, high discharge cells only. Protected cells will probably spit the dummy and not function.

hgrunt

Newly Enlightened
I will probably buy another two XTAR batteries when I get my ebay bucks. Maybe I may post a picture when I get my Skyray so the driver can be determined.

hgrunt

Newly Enlightened
Alright I brought 4X 18650 Xtar 3100 Mah batteries for my Skyray on ebay.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright I brought 4X 18650 Xtar 3100 Mah batteries for my Skyray on ebay.

Cool. Always a good idea to start with fresh cells that are evenly matched and are in equally good condition.

Hopefully the PCB breakers won't trip prematurely.

Chris

hgrunt

Newly Enlightened
Why/how would a PCB breaker trip?

I brought those 6000 MAh UltraFire 4X Rechargable batteries off of ebay for $5.61 shipped from China originally to be used on my 4X 18650 flashlight. I saw that the black covering had yellow and orange wrapper hidden underneath and decided to peal off the black wrapper. Turns out all four batteries are different. 720 units of these 4X 18650 batteries were sold, which consist of different types of batteries. I tried charging the batteries with my Xtar VP1 charger with digital voltage display and they charge at different speeds... Will only be using them on my single cell XML t6 flash light. Hope they don't blow up.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the protected cells have circuit breakers that trip at lower currents than what certain lights can safely handle.

I've got one multi-cell (4x18650) SupFire M6 (Mod #2) coming and I'm going with hi-drain unprotected button tops.

I'll have to be careful not to run them dry, but I won't have to worry about premature tripping of the PCBs.

Chris