80 lumens, 1x123x1hr runtime,got one?

IonFire

Enlightened
Has anyone got one of these lights,
it says 80 lumens on a single 123 for an hours runtime.

http://batteryjunction.com/iota.html

And if you do, Pics and review please
grinser2.gif

Also, wonder who made it for them...
Manufactured by one of the worlds largest maker of Luxeon® LED powered flashlights.

Price is right too.

IF

Galiphrey

Enlightened
(I would be skeptical of the marketting jive... 80 lumens, hard anodized, collimating optics... I think some liberties have been taken here... )

IonFire

Enlightened
I would be skeptical of the marketting jive
I am, i am of alot really.

Then you see the price an think, what was left out...Still, if anything near that output on a single, would be neat, possibly modd'able.

IF

IonFire

Enlightened
If it is a good price and a nice light, maybe you should pick one up and do the review.

You know i would love too, but i am short on the ruples right now or i would try it out.
I know its not alot of coin, but i am tapped for a couple weeks to come before i can recover and hoped someone here well off like, might already be in the know on this one.:grin2:

IF

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
3 watt Luxeon LED, Up to 80 Lumens, 100 times brighter than high-intensity LEDs

Did someone miss the key word UP TO?

It didn't say their light is pumping out 80 lumens constantly. Instead the statement only meant their light used a Lux III which in theory can produce 80 lumens if driven to spec.

By the way, some lights I saw left out the output rectifier/capacitor and pulse-drive the LED---then of course at the peak of the current you can easily have 1A through the LED to produce the claimed lumens :shrug:

cryhavok

Enlightened
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/103211&highlight=iota

I've been playing with this light for the past few days and comparing it to my Fenix L1P and Nuwai QIII (two other bargain favorites here on CPF).

The particular details can be found at: http://www.batteryjunction.com/iota.html

The form factor is somewhere in between the L1P and the QIII. It appears to be HAII anodized (including the interior) everywhere but the threads. The finish is a bright black, rather than the matte of the QIII. The unit is a three piece design consisting of O-ring sealed head, battery body and tailcap. The tailcap is a rubber covered reverse clickie, not recessed (cannot stand in candle mode) and quite firm. The machining is pretty good with machining marks visible mainly on the hexagonal bezel.

Performance-wise, using just my eyes, the Iota is brighter than both the QIII and the L1P. It has a larger hotspot, but smaller corona than the L1P. Compared to the QIII, it has a tighter, smaller hotspot and smaller corona. It was also whiter than both the L1P and QIII (probably due to the advertised T-bin emitter)

Overall I'd say this flashlight will make an excellent addition to the ranks of bargain 3W Lux-III lights. The only thing I would like improved is a tougher HAIII matte finish.

more about it here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/102129&highlight=iota

mykall

Enlightened
Galiphrey said:
(I would be skeptical of the marketting jive... 80 lumens, hard anodized, collimating optics... I think some liberties have been taken here... )

Well if it's any indication, below the light it advertises 5 CR123
lithies, but the picture shows 20 of 'em. Maybe they just have
a way with words/pictures :crazy:

IonFire

Enlightened
Excellent, thanks for the mini review bro.:grin2:

Sounds like a decent little bang for the buck light.

Whiter an brighter then the Q3 an fenix, huh, must be over 25 lumens, and to be visible to the eye at that, would only mean its likely alot more to be visually seen.

IF

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
mykall said:
Well if it's any indication, below the light it advertises 5 CR123
lithies, but the picture shows 20 of 'em. Maybe they just have
a way with words/pictures :crazy:

C'mon now I'm too busy and too lazy to take a different pic for every quantity we offer those batteries in. :p

So I thought I'd answer some questions that came up in this thread:

-The light is rated at 80 lumens by it's manufacturer. It's a T-bin driven at spec which Lumileds says is 77-87 lumens.

-The 'deal' regarding the price is I buy them directly from the manufacturer - no trade companies or distributors marking them up means we can sell them at a low price.

-The anodizing is type II bright anodizing.

The Iota's been favorably reviewed by a number of CPF members - you can see cryhavok's kind words above and this is what Lemon328I had to say:

Lemon328i said:
I've been playing with this light for the past few days and comparing it to my Fenix L1P and Nuwai QIII (two other bargain favorites here on CPF).

The particular details can be found at: http://www.batteryjunction.com/iota.html

The form factor is somewhere in between the L1P and the QIII. It appears to be HAII anodized (including the interior) everywhere but the threads. The finish is a bright black, rather than the matte of the QIII. The unit is a three piece design consisting of O-ring sealed head, battery body and tailcap. The tailcap is a rubber covered reverse clickie, not recessed (cannot stand in candle mode) and quite firm. The machining is pretty good with machining marks visible mainly on the hexagonal bezel.

Performance-wise, using just my eyes, the Iota is brighter than both the QIII and the L1P. It has a larger hotspot, but smaller corona than the L1P. Compared to the QIII, it has a tighter, smaller hotspot and smaller corona. It was also whiter than both the L1P and QIII (probably due to the advertised T-bin emitter)

Overall I'd say this flashlight will make an excellent addition to the ranks of bargain 3W Lux-III lights. The only thing I would like improved is a tougher HAIII matte finish.

Best,

MattK

BatteryJunction.com