80's Music

Wurkkos

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
Re: 80\'s Music

[ QUOTE ]
rikvee said:
... and German band Propaganda with
- "Frozen Faces" from their "A Secret Wish" Album.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still remember buying Propaganda's single LP Duel/Jewel, and their album Pmachinery! I like their songs: Duel / Heaven Give me Words/ The Chase

I also like the band Lotus Eaters and wild swans. Great 80's stuff.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Re: 80\'s Music

I was a teenager back in the 80's and I hated the pop music being played back then. Come to think of it, I hate the pop music being played now, but during my Suedehead/Mod faze I went retro and listened to 60's British Mod bands like The Kinks, The Yardbirds, Small Faces, The Who as well as Mod revival bands like The Jam, Secret Affair, The Lambrettas and the like. Being the open minded individual that I am, my musical tastes also leaned towards the sounds of Joy Division, The Fall, Echo & The Bunnymen, The Chameleons UK, The Smiths among others. Nowadays, I still listen to the old 60's British Invasion bands as well as old Motown records. I still also listen to the post-punk bands from the late 70's and 80's, but I can't stand to listen to what is considered "alternative rock" these days. However, I do like modern acts like Coldplay, Oasis, Ocean Colour Scene and Paul Weller.