• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 9x14500 to 3D, 9AA to 3D and 6AA to 2D by FiveMega

Status
Not open for further replies.

hburner

Enlightened
FM, I cant beleive you have already sold out of the AA holders again, I did not even get a chance to get one or two of those! Maybe next or maybe I need to be faster?

hburner

Enlightened
Thanks FM, PP sent, I will get another as soon as my PP account recoups, Thanks, again for showing me this, Ronald.

wayne21

Newly Enlightened
well if you say your 8-AA will not fit in a 2-D maglite ,even though the Sandwich shopp 's cheap one doe's, you should know. I sure wish you had a *-AAbattery holder that did fit into the old maglite. with 9.5 volts the ROP-H- works great. I Guess I need your 9-AA to 3-D .I sure hope it puts out enough to push the ROP, and the 1185,or 1164.. your word is goog enough for me. Not to mention the Quality of your products is of the best I have seen. What ( battery setup will be best in the 3-D maglite for brightness? 9-NiMH or 9 14500? and which will last longer? I plan to get one of each.

DeLighted

Newly Enlightened
I have a 9AA to 3D battery holder and a complete MAG85 with the 9X14500 setup I would like to sell. :wave:

Kent

wayne21

Newly Enlightened
To those asking about NiMH vs. Li-Ion, there are also significant issues of price differences, duration of charge while in use with light, shelf life of charge standby time remaining in batteries, physical sizes of battery types, different voltage and current outputs (NiMH = 1.2V & Li-Ion = 3.7V) -- which affects voltage output delivered to various bulbs....and can even determine which bulb to use, as some bulbs are rated to give optimal output with various voltages.

Then there is also the variation of how many batteries are used "in series" or "in parallel" that are used with a certain bulb. For example, 9 x NiMH @ 1.2V each "in series" = 10.8V delivered....whereas 9 x Li-Ion @ 3.7V each, but "in parallel" --3 sets of 3-- = 11.1V delivered to the bulb.

A number of reasons...such as being able to use FiveMega's custom made ceramic bi-pin holder. Or being able to use the KIU switch/bi-pin bulb holder, which both allow you to buy multiple bipin bulbs for cheaper prices, and if one burns out...you just pop a new one into the base holder.

Using the KIU replacement switch & bipin bulb holder allows a "Hot Driver" to be combined with it to limit and deliver a controlled, steady voltage to a bulb for the entire charge running time of the battery.
Hello again, LuxLuthor.I took your advive ad wet out and got a good voltage meter,also checked voltage at the socket. Could you tell me if I need to use a KIU switch? so far I have had no problems,but that doe's not mean i will not have some later. how hard is it to install? also did you ever get the 2700 Mah sanyo batteries from Thomas Dist: I juist recieved 8 more myself. they have a good price.If you ever have the time I sure would like the chance to speak to you. if and whwn I can be reached at [email protected] or 386-623-2114.. I already learned more from your replys then I learned elaewhere. thank you also Modocod was very helpfull. I feel I owe you both. Litho malso gave me time on the phone and e-mail , he is a very pleasent person to talk to and also very helpfull to others in this hobby,and more then likely ,I would think he is the type who would help anyone who needed help. WHICH is rare today and getting more so each day. I learnd a lesson this late in life, there are still a lot of good people out there. MOST OF THEM ON CPF. I wish the best to all of you. wayne 21 P.S if you do call,I will not ever call you without your permission ,by e-mail I hate when somrone calls me unexpected ,late,or when I am into something. You all have a good weekend. Is there any way to reply to you without messing up your writting,I even tried to delete my reply once and almost screwed up bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.