A better battery?

EdB

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks!! I'm a newbie here and this is my first post, so I'm hoping this is new informtion... A friend of mine has been teling me about a company he has stock in, and he mentioned that it was doing really well because of a new battery technology that they had introduced. Being the flashlight junkie that I am, I started doing some research. This is very interesting reading...

http://www.smalltimes.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=8825

EdB

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Amorphous, I'm kinda like a junkie in a crack house since I found these forums. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome EbB.

From reading the post it only indicate the new material will alow faster charging. It does not indicate of any higher capacity cells /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif What we need is higher density so we can make an 8" "Mini" Beast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

EdB

Newly Enlightened
My understanding is they will also have 3 times the capacity of current cells... Here's a quote from the article...

"These new materials allow rechargeable batteries to be manufactured that have three times the power of existing Lithium Ion batteries at the same price and with recharge times measured in a few minutes rather than hours. "

Led_Blind

Enlightened
Hey guys,

I have been reading up on this new battery. It appears that the imorovement is in the anbode and cathode stating UP TO 3x the energy densitys. They have not mentioned all that stuff in between the ends of the battery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Realistically if you increase the energy density of the these ends by 100% then total batery capacity will increase by roughly 2/3's... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts