A bicycle thread.

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Here's a thread to talk about bicycles. Two wheel, three, 4, bicycles built for two, recumbant, electric, bikes that fly down mountains at 70mph or tour across Europe. Bicycles for fun, for work, or anything else.

41E09996 7976 4425 8067 90C82B09F7CB

Here's a bike that cuts grass.

335E1213 F6AD 4AA7 8239 BEABCCE03AC8
Here's a custom made number I had built in 2012
A newly made 1940's bike truck style frame with 2 speed coaster wheel and 36" handlebars. Painted with Corvette acrylic. I went with 28" bars later.

12A17AF2 4C07 4B68 8F2E ADAF54FF8928

And one I rode today.
A 21 speed Giant Suede from a bike shop that was clearing it out to make room for the next year bicycles. Super-duper nice bicycle. If I recall correct it is a 2008 or 09 model.

Last edited:
PhotonWrangler

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
That first bike - wow. Business in the front, party in the back. :cool:

idleprocess

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I should get my bikes back in working order after languishing for years.
  • Specialized Gary Fisher - First bike I bought as an adult that was originally used for mountain biking but was subsequently repurposed as the semi-daily training/exercise bike with street tires. Heavy and slow for a street bike, but that was kind of the point.
  • Trek Madone 1.1 - A basic road bike I used for a couple charity tours and occasional long road rides in outlying areas.
  • Niner AIR 9 - Built up from parts as a more capable mountain bike than the Specialized. 1x10 drivetrain, hydraulic brakes, decent wheels.

Chauncey Gardiner

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I remember posting in a bike thread on CPF, but dang if I'm able to find it. :(

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
There was a road bike for beginners thread CG. Don't know if that's the one you mean.

My very first bike was a Schwinn. I forget the model but it was a 20" wheel bike that was pretty basic in the late 1960's. It was a like new second hand bike. Oh, it was called Stingray.

My dad launched me one day and off I went. I kept going and going until……uh oh, a car. I could hear my dad hollering "stop stop" but I had no clue how to and my feet were like a foot off the ground so I just closed my eyes and "WHAM"…… Since it didn't hurt at all and the lady I ran into was not mad I figured "hey this bicycle thing is pretty cool" and learned how to launch myself when my dad wasn't looking.

Eventually I grew into that one. My twin brother and I shared it but he didn't really care for riding a bicycle at that point. But it wasn't long before I had beat it up pretty good trying to be like Evel Kneivel. But not before turning it into a chopper with extra forks from a Huffy or something similar banged onto the Schwinn blades and a sissy bar behind the seat. Oh man that was the coolest.

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I remember when I first started noticing fat tire bikes and thinking "hmmm I wonder if they'll catch on". Then when Toys R Us started selling them……yup they must've caught on.

I wanted one for riding in those detention ponds at shopping malls when they dried up in summer. Be like a BMX bike park covered in grass instead of concrete. The idea lasted about as long as my desire to learn the art of jumping off a cliff wearing a hang glider……ie not long.

raggie33

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i trully live at the lowest part of town so leaving my home sucks big hills coming home is fun. well not the jerks who are to damn lazy to turn the wheel of there car a few feet.. i loose my temper so fast as i age they beep i flip them off. which is stupid of me i know.

Latest posts