A blast from the past: Whatever happened to your Fenix L1P?

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
I still have mine in the original holster sitting in front of my desktop all pristine and everything. Might sell it :O

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
First Luxeon LED light I got (along with with a Nuwai 'Big' Q3), but I sold it a long time ago when the L1T came out. Like the 2 levels, but can't find an L1T with good tint.
Now I wish the L2D was as small as the L1P or L1T with the Nekomane CR123 body.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm putting a two stage L1P up for sale end of July, when other torches are due to arrive, if you would be interested and want to pre-empt that, pls PM me.

If a lot of interest, I'll list it early.

in Marketplace B/S/T

(If this isn't allowed, pls delete)

Last edited:

maglite

Newly Enlightened
mine was stolen...

along with my L2P, G2, M6LED, L0P, X1, L1T, various mags and cheaper lights.

I wish i still had the L2P. that was an awesome light.

AvroArrow

Enlightened
Mine sits in its original velcro flapped holster in my work bag as a backup. I always EDC a L0P-SE on my keys and either my U60GT or modded Arc LS w/CR2. I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I really liked the original matte HA used on that L1P from the original massive group buy by 4sevens. I later bought a L2P w/extra L1P body and never really liked the more greenish tint, the shinier HA, and the non-flapped case (personal preference on the case).

I agree with onthebeam, it was an awesome light at the time it came out. I think the only other 1AA Lux I production light at the time (excluding custom mods on Arc AAs, etc) was the limited production TnC keylux I think it was called. Those were fetching over $100US each, IF you could find one on BST. The fit & finish of the TnC was in a different class, but it was definitely not cheap. And for those of us with smaller wallets, the L1P was the poor man's (relatively) keylux. :D

I still haven't modded mine yet because I can't unscrew the light engine easily like my L2P. Once it gets some quality time with my heat gun and strap wrenches, I'm going to put a nice SSC P4 in it.

blademan

Enlightened
I don't like the new finish either. The older type had more grip to me. I love the L1-p that I have even though it's old tech now.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have it :) the LED's Silver has turned in to Gold, I treasure Fenix Lights :)

One of L1P got converted in to L1P S (P4, U Bin), it's with my dad... He loved the original L1P and with the New LED, it easily beats the 4D lights in terms of shear output.

I got them at www.fenix-store.com from 4SevenS

Last edited:

BlackDecker

Enlightened
I use my Fenix L1P everyday. Here's a picture of it today...still looks brand new:

DSC00004Small.jpg

Hikaru

Newly Enlightened
I gave mine to my mother-in-law. I think it's like the 5th flashlight I've given her--she's a very practical lady.

My wife told me that once when my parents in law were walking down a dark path, her mother pulled out the L1P and lit up the whole place. My father-in-law said, "What the hell is that? Where'd you get a light like that!"

Man, I still miss that light.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave mine to my Fiance, and she keeps it in her purse at all times. Mine was one from the original Group buy and has the matte finish which I like quite a bit more than the current finish.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine got the 2-stage mod and a KLC-8 Edixeon.
In the meantime I swapped the ermitter again to a SSC P4 U-bin with great output and beam-tint.

Best regards

____
Tom

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
I bought one.................then bought another!

Still using both, great lights, really impressed.

My first intro to "being a nutter who likes flashlights".

Just got the P3D, will probably get another unless you know of something better (tho roughly the same size).

jayhackett03

Enlightened
I'm a mechanic at a Ford dealership. i use my L1P everyday. which reminds me, i left it on the workbench, i hope its still there tomorrow.

i bought a P3D, but lost it after 24 hours :( haven't gotten another one yet.

speederino

Enlightened
I EDC'd my L1P for a while, then moved it to toolbox duty. Dropped it on the concrete garage floor once, and dinged a nice subtle flat spot into the bezel. Served well in the garage for a while, then my 1 year old son got into flashlights. It moved to a basket on the end table next to the couch. We would shut all the lights out and play with the L1P.

One day it was gone.

I blamed the holy hell out of my stepdaugher, who I would occasionally see fondling the little black flashlight while sitting on the couch. Since she is the "lost it in the couch Queen" I was convinced it was waaaaay down in the couch and was unretrievable without knifing the couch. It was gone.....

Probably 9 months later my son was throwing every last cooking utensil in his favorite kitchen drawer out onto the floor. He then wandered over to me and proclaimed "fwashwight!!" and handed me my L1P.

What had happened was apparent.

After an apology to my stepkid, My L1P now sat on the kitchen counter. My wife and daughter used it to go hunting for nightcrawlers in the backyard one night a month or two ago. The wrist lanyard got attached for the first time in it's life...made a nice little night fishing light for my wife. She used it a lot.

I went on a business trip for a week and returned to a missing L1P...again. My son's favorite kitchen drawer didn't pan out. My wife hadn't seen it.

One day it turned up in her purse....

I better not show her the new Novatac when it comes.

Yapo

Enlightened
Mine is sitting on my desk in its holster it came with...i pull it out every once in awhile to feel the nice anodised coating on it...its got a nice matt carbon look and feel to it unlike the glossy looking coatings u get these days...i still remember how bright and white it looked when i first got it...i never thought i'd need anything brighter or smaller lol

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have one of my original 2 lights. I keep it in the 1st aid kit with 2 extra lithiums. It's still a good light.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still, I sometimes long for the days of simple is best and the L1P did many things well at a breakthrough price "way back" in 2005.

So, whatever happened to yours?

After getting an L1S, I gave my trusty L1P away as a gift. It was a great little light: simple, reliable, decent output and runtime.

Now, I sort of wish I hadn't given it away. The newer generation of Fenix lights incorporating Crees hasn't lived up to the standards set by their older lights. Inferior User Interfaces and quality issues.