A day in the life of a Flashaholic

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about 12 hours? :) Yesterday afternoon I got my Tiablo A9S and Olight T20 Q5. So, seeing as how I'm basically a kid, I just had to try them out. I normally get up at 5AM to go to work, and when I get there it's pitch dark and I'm the only guy in the parking lot. Lots of buildings around at various distances, no lights. Perfect!

So, since it was going to take some time to play with them, this morning I got up at 4:15! That way I had plenty of playtime before work started. And oh yeah. no one would see me out there! :)

I'm tired!

georget98

Enlightened
6:00 am Wake up. Yippee, it's fall and it's still dark out. Wash and shower with flashlight.

6:15 am Sun's coming up, draw blinds, make breakfast.

6:30 am Choose EDC for the day, think maybe I'm losing interest. It only took me 10 minutes to pick 4 lights. Check batteries, rotate standby batteries in chargers, check CPF.

7:00 am Bright outside, reluctantly go outside with all lights in pockets. Start car, do quick check on glove-box, under seat, door pocket, back seat, trunk, and engine compartment lights, getting late so decide to leave the rest for the weekend.

7:30 am Stop at Wal-Mart, quickly check the flashlight aisle, nothing new since yesterday, and for sales on batteries.

8:00 am First to work so the lights are off. Watchman comes through on his last round and is, for the 30th time this year, startled to see a flashlight beam bobbing on the ceiling.

8:10 am The rest of the crew start to arrive. I hear someone say, "Did the power go off, Are you in the dark back there?" Someone else laughs and says, "If the power's off, it's because he shut it off."

10:00 am Check UPS package tracking for about the 20th time since I got in. How long can it take to get from "Arrival at UPS facility," to "Out for delivery." Sudden sick feeling in stomach. What if it arrived after the truck went out? Start thinking of stories of disasters and sick children that need light to convince them to let me pick up on Saturday.

12:00 Check CPF. Find an online deal on a couple cases of D cells. Realize I'm going to have to shop for another refrigerator to hold them. Wonder if the workshop circuit can handle a third refrigerator.

1:00 pm Back to work. An electrician comes to replace a ballast. He's on a ladder and pushes up a ceiling panel to look at something. Pulls out a Mini-Maglite and discovers the bulb is burned out. I rush over like he's on fire and hold up a couple lights for him to choose from. Somewhat baffled, he takes one, looks into it, and turns it on. Fortunately nothing got damaged when he dropped it in surprise. Helped electrician find his way down the ladder.

2:00 pm Call UPS to plead my case. They recognize my address, "You're the one that gets those regular deliveries from Duracell." Assures me the package is on the truck, scanner was broken. Relief washes over me.

4:00 pm Check desk lights, just in case.

5:00 pm Go straight home. YES! The package is there.

5:30 pm Bolt my dinner while reading instructions for new light. Hands shaking as I put in the batteries and push the switch. Can't wait for dark.

5:45 pm Check CPF. Go out to workshop and try to see how many 123A's I can fit into a 6-D case. Browse catalogs for 60 volt lamps. Check light meter calibration.

6:30 pm Go outside and play with new light. Spend next 1 1/2 hours comparing with other lights and photographing beam.

8:30 pm Doorbell rings. Look out window and see police car. Turn on lights for the first time since arriving home. Officer explains there's a new neighbor and he called the station in a panic over the strange lights on the clouds and someone "shooting rays" at his house. Suggests I visit neighbor, "in the daytime," and introduce him to my hobby. "But don't bring all your lights like the last time. Break him in slowly."

10:00 pm Check batteries in emergency lights, replace where necessary.

10:30 pm Fall asleep reading a story of the World War II London blackouts, have very pleasant dream of an eclipse.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to georget98 --

The Flashlight Boys Visit Kodak (uh, oh)

LMAO !

:lolsign:

_

Burgess

Flashaholic
to georget98 --

Just read the flashlight story you linked.

That was really clever and cute ! :thumbsup:

But, i must admit, when i read the line in your sig:

"Flashlight Boys visit Kodak"

that i thought it was a tongue-in-cheek JOKE !

Had no idea that those were real stories ! :oops:

:stupid:

Now that i've seen the one you've linked,
how can i read the others ?

Please tell us more, George.

Don't just leave us hanging.

Enlighten us. :candle:

Thank you for writing and sharing these flashlight stories.

Almost like a "Time-Traveling" episode ! :twothumbs

_