"A Floody Floody Night"

stoli67

Enlightened
I have been wanting to take a few beam shots of all my flashlights with floody beams after I saw run4jc's fabulous roundup at

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=301886

I have a few slightly different models and setups.... so here goes.

The list so far.

Theflashlights1.jpg

Theflashlights3-1.jpg

3300LandTi2.jpg

Fenix TK45 - brand new and freshly charged Eneloops

Macs Tri-EDC - a single 18350 Ultrafire

VanIsleDSM Quad R4 5.6 A Silver Plated with a FETtie Switch - a single IMR 18650

Kerberos DD XPG R5 Quad - a single AW 18650

Malkoff M61 - two brand new surefire CR123s

Macs Mag Drop in SST-50 4500K - 4 Nicad C cells

Mac 3300L

NB XML 3.1 A drop in

Mac Tri EDC (both cool and neutral arriving any day)

Malkoff M91 (ordered) and M61

And now for the pictures

backyard.jpg

The tree behind the cubby house is 30 meters, the palm tree in the middle is 40 meters and the tall tree behind it is 50 meters.

Fenix TK45
FenicTK45a.jpg

Macs SST50 Drop In
macSST50dropina.jpg

Vans Quad
vanquada.jpg

Kenji's Quad
kenjisquada.jpg

Macs 3300L
macs3300La.jpg

A Comparison Shot
4shotscopyaa.jpg

A longer shot of the 3300L....
macs3300L1a.jpg

For a little fun a not so floody light.... NB XRE drop in with aspheric lens kit
XREAsphericLensKita.jpg

Moddo Triple Neutral - 2 x 26650 FM Host
ModdoTriplea.jpg

Macs Tri-EDC Warm
Tri-EDCWarma.jpg

Macs Tri-EDC Cool
Tri-EDCCoola.jpg

Malkoff M61
MalkoffM61a.jpg

Haiku
Haikua.jpg

Fenix PD31
FenixPD31a.jpg

NB D36 XML
NBD36XMLa.jpg

NB D26 2.8 amp XML
NBD2628ampXMLa.jpg

NB D26 3.1 amp XML
NBD2631ampXMLa.jpg

Titanium RA CLicky
TiRAClickya.jpg

That's it at the moment till the Septa is available.

Andrew

Last edited:

stoli67

Enlightened
In terms of cost....

vans quad $310 for the drop in + $48 for the switch.
Kerberos drop in was $160
Tri-EDC $250 ish for the whole light
TK45 cost me $300 in Australia but I am sure that you could do better in the US.
Macs SST-50 Drop in $99 + Borofloat glass lens $6
Mac 3300L $399
Moddo triple $165 for just the drop in
NB XML drop ins.... $40
Derelight XML drop in $40
Malkoff M91 $125

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened
Glad to see this thread is back, though sorry so much is lost.

I would love to see how a Malkoff M91 stacks up against these other floody lights.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
what amps are the Kenji and Van running at as it makes a real differences in output.
I know the Van quad XPG R5 5.6amp copper with FM 26650 host with a FETtie will do 1654 lumen's OTF (measured in a sphere)

The coming Septa will be 2628 OTF :whistle:

LichtAn!

Enlightened
what amps are the Kenji and Van running at as it makes a real differences in output.
I know the Van quad XPG R5 5.6amp copper with FM 26650 host with a FETtie will do 1654 lumen's OTF (measured in a sphere)

The coming Septa will be 2628 OTF :whistle:

Any measurements on the Aluminum Version? At least at turn on they should be equal? I'm awaiting my drop-in to arrive this or next week. I'm so super excited about it.

stoli67

Enlightened
OK the Kenji Quad is the Direct Drive one so that is the brightest.

Vans Quad is the 5.6A Silver but R4 not R5 so it is a bit warmer than the other.

Macs 3300L is cool.

I now have a Neutral Moddo Triple to add in with a 2 x 26650 host from FM

Actually I have moved all the quads and triples over to FM 26650 bodies purely for heating issues with the smaller hosts.....

I know that the quads on full power get hard to hold in a 6P host after 5-10 minutes.....

Amazingly the triple moddo in a bigger host doesn't get anywhere near as hot.....

The TK45 is very underated I feel..... for the price it is a really great light and you can run it on 750 lumens (not sure if that is OTF) continuously without you hands melting! It has a little more throw than the quads.

Last edited:

stoli67

Enlightened
OK so I could not resist.... I ordered a Malkoff M91 XML cool

then I can do a comparison shot of

1. M91
2. NB D26 3.1 amp XML
3. NB D26 2.8 amp XML
4. Derelight XML drop in
5. NB D36 XML (not sure of the amps on that one)

doctor ladd

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the updated pictures, I am now waiting for a Mac's 3300L drop in, very impressive!

Would love to see hi-med-low shots of it also if you are up to it

stoli67

Enlightened
Not crazy.... just interested....

I can tell you now that the derelight XML is not nearly as bright as the NB 3.1 amp..... I will do a comparison of it with the 2.8amp which runs cooler and longer soon.

brandocommando

Enlightened
Great compairison stoli87 thanks. I have a TK45 so this gives me a nice frame of reference. What battery set-up are you runnung in the 3300L?

jcalvert

Enlightened
Not crazy.... just interested....

I can tell you now that the derelight XML is not nearly as bright as the NB 3.1 amp..... I will do a comparison of it with the 2.8amp which runs cooler and longer soon.

Hi Andrew,

I will be interested to see if your assessment is the same as mine in that the NB XM-L 3.1 is quite a bit brighter than the Malkoff M91, despite the M91 being able to run on on high until the battery is depleted using it in an MD3 body/MD2 head. I personally would rather have the Malkoff any day of the week!

Also Andrew, I wanted to be sure you were aware that Gene Malkoff's dad passed away this past Sunday. If you go to page 8 of the "Malkoff Junkie" thread on CPF proper, "PSM", Craig from Illumination Supply worked together to create a notice of Pete Malkoff's death, including a link to the obituary and an opportunity to make a monetary donation in Pete's name through Craig's personal PP account. When we complete the collection, we are going to send a cashier's check to the building fund of the Catholic church that Pete attended per the familiy's wishes. Check out the thread here and consider please making a donation and then passing along the news. Thank you! Here's the thread to make it easier for you:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?265496-The-official-Malkoff-Junkie-thread./page8

All the best Andrew and may God always answer your prayers,
John

Last edited:

stoli67

Enlightened
I have asked several times for a cool M91 but I must have been bad! There are none available.

I will check out the thread...

Just ran Vans Quad for 25 min on high with the cryos and did not a- melt my hand or b- blow up the drop in!

I wish that I could get two more of those bezels...

Andrew

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened
first off .............SWEET BACK YARD!!!

secondly......where does a curious person such as myself "pick up" ons of those mac 3300L"s?

k04s4

Newly Enlightened
Your 3300L really is amazing!! Do you have any more shots of that thing in other areas? I'm just gotten bitten by the bug and really want to order some great lights for my collection.

Thanks

Latest posts