a good alternative?

yams

Newly Enlightened
My Draco just recently stopped working and I don't know what's wrong with it, just stopped turning on yesterday. What would be the closest light to a Draco that I could get my hands on. I'm looking for comparable size or smaller with comparable brightness or brighter!

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could PM one of the Modders and inquire on repairs for your Draco? If not, how about a Lummi Wee?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Was also looking at these. Is there a difference in size/output between the 10180 and the 10280? I was looking at the site and the pic for either one is the same. Also what are the ss models? http://www.peakledsolutions.net/Products/Eiger10180.html

Very sorry to hear of your troubles with the Draco :(

Peak Eiger 10180/10280 are excellent choices, however. Both have identical output, but the 10180 is rather smaller, while the 10280 has significantly longer runtime. Right now, I think that stainless steel is the only currently available body style for these tubes, and these new versions now also include QTC (variable output) technology.

Good luck! I hope that modamag can help you troubleshoot your Draco ....

yams

Newly Enlightened
the 10180 is rather smaller, while the 10280 has significantly longer runtime
I wish they had pictures for both on the site. Can you shed any light on what the SS stands for? Any idea what the run times are?

Also, I sent him a PM, hope he replies.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I wish they had pictures for both on the site. Can you shed any light on what the SS stands for? Any idea what the run times are?

Also, I sent him a PM, hope he replies.

Stainless Steel. Run times are very short on max (10-20 minutes?), but QTC allows you to dial down the output and greatly extend the runtime.

Try searching for RMSK (Peak's distributor), and looking under the "Accessories" tab. Google should get you there ....