A Paranormal Thread

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife and I have seen each other's dopliganger. One Sunday morning I was wanting to sleep longer and skip church and I saw Melvinia pass by the bedroom door in that brown dress she looked good in. I could see her in detail from the side as she walked down the hall.

I was like dawg, look at her all dressed up and gun ho about going to church--probably going with momma and look at me. I ought to be ashamed of my sorry self. I turned over and there was Melvinia in bed with me. I was tripping. I know it was real because dad was at his house sitting by the window and saw her go up the stairs and into the trailer from outside. Only thing is that door was double locked.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
My girlfriend invited me to a Christmas party one time. We was at the verge of breaking up, but was going to try to drag it out a little longer. She was real late and I was kinda aggravated with her. A friend came up and said "Melvinia's here and wants to talk to you". I said "yeah, uh ha...right!" because I thought I was out of her leage. When Jenny finally got there she got wind of it and cut her down and told my pretty Melvinia that she was too ugly and I would NEVER want her.

Not long after that my friend showed Jenny his set of aluminium knuckles. Jenny said they were nice and wanted to see them. When he wasn't looking she took them into the house and went up to Melvinia and apologises to her which in turn caused her to let her guard down. Then Jenny side slapped Melvinia with those things. They made Jenny leave and Melvinia went home. I had already gone home and knew nothing about it till around 30 years later. I married Jenny around seven months later and she passed on some five years later at 27.

Later on I started dating again and got with Melvinia. One day I asked her to be my wife and she said yes. She was worried about what Jenny would do though after what had happened for just liking and wanting to talk to someone that was near breaking up with his girlfriend and I thought Jenny almost felt the same way. On the day of our wedding Melvinia was taking a bath and she fell asleep in the tub. All of a sudden she was at my trailer and was going into it. She had never been in it before. There was Jenny in a rocking chair(we didn't have a rocking chair) just a rocking away. Suddenly Jenny stopped and looked at Melvinia and said "it's ok" and then went back to rocking.

Now we're married (since 1997) and Jenny never messed with her. And even though she is snaggled tooth, wears a colostomy bag and has a hernia she still doesn't look as bad as what Jenny said she did back when Melvinia was the best looking female in that subdivision. Got me a snaggled toothed redneck woman that loves chickens.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol. He likes to put a dark cloud of negativity over everyone's head bykfixer.
Nice to see buzz kill in the house……

No buzz kill or negativity. I just like to keep everything honest.

The real truth is that none of these "gifted mediums" have ever shown anything they do to be supernatural. Harry Houdini wasn't the first to call out these charlatans, and thankfully, he for sure won't be the last.

Funny, I would think everyone would be looking out for truth, not just "their truth."

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wacbzz, you are making too big a deal out of this. I could also in another way, but to get along with folks in the paranormal community I just ignore it. I didn't even hear Shawn say that--not that I was ignoring him. What bothers me is how can someone be one way and yet be another way also. The two don't mix. You know where I stand and can understand where I'm coming from (through our discussions elsewhere) although others might not. Fake or real don't bother me. The fakes just want attention and who doesn't, but what IMHO makes the real ones real bothers me and I want to think it is a gift or ability without outside help, but I'm probably only fooling myself. I believe I may know at least one that might be real and I value any friendship we may have, so I keep my mouth shut.

I do have trigger subjects and that could be a land mine to the person that steps on these, but mediums aint one of them.

What do you do though when a blonde throws a granade at you?.....Pull the pin and throw it back lol. I'm just saying I can be stupid when triggered and I was just now making fun of myself.

Last edited:

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing the stories. I wish I had some interesting ones to share myself but like I said im careful & the sightings I mentioned were just that, sightings. Nothing spectacular and sadly no pictures. I love reading about this stuff but id never want to experience something myself, certainly nothing close-up and personal. But thats me & almost everyone id guess.

For the sake of discussion its probably best to suspend our disbelieve.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
One evening the weatherman on the 6 o'clock news said "no rain for the next 7 days"…… he went to college to learn how to predict weather. He was actually pretty good at it. Wacbzz you may remember Channel 8's John Bernier.

Next day at my work we were digging up a street and dug way more than we could put back that day. At around 10am one fellow said "bossman you best quit digging around lunch time 'cause it's going to rain about 4:30"… bossman said "the weatherman said no rain all week". The other guy said "well the way the flies was bitin' the cows butt this moanin' says it's gone rain about 4:30".
At 4:15 we had a bunch of holes full of water.
Could anybody prove the fly biting a cow was a rain predictor?
Probably not, but I believed him after that.

Another time at my work I saw a man who for some reason stuck out. I kept thinking there was something about the guy but could not figure out what. It was if there was a voice saying to keep my eye on him. A couple hours later I was watching the guy do his job and turned to talk to my boss. I turned back and saw the guy just before a truck backed over him. I was the only one who saw it. I rushed over in front of the truck that was still driving backwards to try to help the guy but it was too late. Later I figured a spirit of some sort had been telling me all day the guy was going to die that today.
Could I prove that?
Nope.

Sometimes people have eyes to see and ears to hear when the rest of us do not.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do remember Bernier. Typical weather guy - right when they're right and still right when they're wrong because satellites "misled" them.

I'm sure you've at least heard of Dave from WXrisk. Same thing. A few years ago, he correctly called three winter storms here and was mostly correct about the amount of snow that was coming with each storm. Now, years and many incorrect weather predictions later, I cannot get my wife to stop listening, let alone believing, this fool.

A broken clock is right twice a day.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

When a medium starts talking to "dead" people, you can be sure money is about to be exchanged.

I'm of the belief that folks need to put up, or shut up. Especially when it comes to dogma.

We may be getting close to UG material here.. :)

Last edited:

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
"We may be getting close to UG material here"

Not unless it causes liable reasons for the forum or an arguement persists. Looks like folks that wouldn't dip a toe in the ug are having a good time. I really don't much care to go down there to your den anymore. All MY friends are up here exceot for "XXXXXXX" and I don't know why he doesn't come up here.

Nah, don't bring that dark, damp, dry ug bull down on us. What do the rest of you say? So far the "NO" is just me.

Name of UG member removed to support the integrity of the Las Vegas rule. -Empath

Last edited by a moderator:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I stopped watching network tv sometime around 2003 wacbzz so I've no idea who dave is. Ever since I got a cellular phone with a weather radar I've been my own meteorologist. I suppose that was 05 or so.

Now there was a guy on a chicago station in 96 who said "see that small dot in the upper left corner (over north west Alaska), that will affect us for about a month about 3 weeks from now". He was speaking of the blizzard of '96 where I went to work in mid-January and worked every day until Valentines day due to driving a snow plow.

So taking this underground? Eh, I don't see the need, so long as personal attacks don't get started.

I liked the joke "you'd think the palm reader who got a speeding ticket would have known"……

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasn't saying I wanted it to go to the UG. I was just opining that some things being written here may force it there. I must admit, I felt skittish about typing the word "dogma."

WXrisk is more of a FB thing, not a TV thing. I'm not on FB, but my wife lets me know any time he mentions the word "snow."

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I reckon all my stories are rated "G".
I used to stay outside working on vehicles till 4 in the morning and had to be at work at 8. Our bed was up on caplocks and I could eaaily fit under it. When I came in sometimes I would crawl under the bed and moan as I grabbed Jenny's arm. She would just say "MIKE, GOT TO BED!"
Once after she died I was sleeping on that bed and something grabbed my arm and started yanking it. I yanked back and yelled "JUST PULL ME OFF THE BED THEN!!". After that I turned on all the lights and went back to bed thinking the devil was trying to get me. Around 10 years later (I'm blonde) I figured it was Jenny.

Crazy thing is Jenny didn't believe in ghosts. I wonder how she feels about that now that she is one?

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Regardless I have no idea what abductions are about (of cause most of them are fake stories) & I dont think any of them want to cause us any serious harm or they would have done so long ago, we have no way of defending ourselves and are no threat to them.
Here's why I think most, if not all, of those abduction stories are faked. For starters the aliens stick all kinds of probes into people which sound like stuff straight out of the Spanish Inquisition. Why would a race advanced enough for intersteller travel not have non-invasive methods to examine specimens (which is probably all we are to them)? We already have lots of non-invasive diagnostic procedures.

Second reason, and it's somewhat of a running gag, is these aliens seem to invariably love anal probes. Seriously, they traveled trillions of miles just to look up our behinds? Doesn't make much sense.

No, I don't think they have any desire to cause us serious harm. Probably just studying us the same way we study elephants or sea turtles or penguins or ants. Maybe their overall interest is more in the planet itself, not us. I'm thinking perhaps planets as conducive to life as this one might be relatively rare. They study them, and perhaps intervene only if a technological species puts the planet on the path to dying. By "intervene" I mean in as unobtrusive a way as possible. Maybe if we fired off ICBMs they would destroy them mid-flight, and also destroy any on the ground so we can't do it again. Sad to say, I often wish a more enlightened species would intervene at this point to save us from ourselves.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand what you're saying jtr1962. I have a different opinion on that, but I don't want to go back and forth on it. On that last thing you mentioned in your post-- that has already happened.

Edit: I apologise Empath.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Who's to say aliens won't poke and prod just because they're mean people who actually do that just for fun? Just because they've developed ways to travel the universe does not mean they are friendly.
Unicorns? Mmmmm, crunchy…

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once after Melvinia's accident while she was staying at her mother's because of the colostomy she had to have I was lonely so I made contact with my step sister and brother that I had lost contact with back in 79 when we parted ways and I got to come back home--with my aunt for a half a year and then back with my parents.

Anyway, I was on the phone talking to Tammy when she asked me who was with me. I said no one--I'm alone. She said that someone was giggling into the phone while we were talking. I got to thinking and I did Jenny's unique giggle and she said that that was it. When we tried to get her to do some more it seems like she did a little and a man's voice said to "come on let's go". I couldn't hear it, but Tammy did. Jenny's dad had also recently died and I think that was him.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
After Jenny died I sometimes stayed at the graveyard after dark just hanging out near her grave. The church was across the road, but the nearest house was a 1/4th a mile a way and that was where the closest street light was. Most of the time I had no trouble except for one night when I heard what sounded like chains a rattling.

I stood my ground and in the Lord's name said that I have a right to be there and no one was going to run me off. I don't think I had a light, but I said I'm coming to where it was and face it. I had goose bumps as I went up the hill only to find out that the flag pole had that linkage hanging down to raise or lower the flag and it was hitting against the flag pole. Later on I got to thinking after I left there--I don't recall any wind blowing.