A Tribute to Nitecore D10

pm91

Newly Enlightened
$56.99 at their website.

Are you referring to their eBay store/website? I didn't see any for $56.99, much less the one that Simon520 purchased. I think he REALLY got lucky!
I'm not found of ordering direct from China and I'm not even sure what I'm getting. Really interesting though!

Great thread!

Thanks,
p

RocketTomato

Enlightened
I have a few D10s and started to examine the serial numbers looking for a pattern. I did not want to start a new thread for this and decided to post it in this tribute thread to keep all the version data toghether.

First or Second Batch D10 Q5- Ramping "Bug" UI, Green Circuit Board (from US retailer):
Name: D10 Serial: NCD10BUS XXXXX

D10 R2, Ramping UI, Green Circuit Board (from Hong Kong retailer):
Name: D10 R2 Serial- C0331CNSY XXXX

D10 R2, Ramping UI, Green Circuit Board (from US retailer):
Name: D10 R2- Serial: C0729US XXXXXX

Later Batch D10 Q5, Ramping UI, Green Circuit Board (from US retailer):
Name: D10 Serial: C0810US XXXXXX

Hybrid XP-E R2, Ramping UI, Red Circuit Board (from Hong Kong retailer):
Name: D10 XP-E R2 Serial: C01028CNDY XXXX

D10 SP R2, 3-level UI, Red Circuit Board (from US retailer):
Name: D10 SP XP-E R2 Serial: C1123US1 XXXXX

I highlighted what I believe are the dates of manufacture in bold for each light. You can see that the newer lights were manufactured later in the year. The original batch does not have a manufacturing date.

If others can post the serial numbers from their warranty cards, I think we can get a good picture of how many different batches were made for each type of D10.

pugga

Newly Enlightened
Hi all same place as Simon but i didn't get the newer XP-E R2 led. :confused:

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
Are you referring to their eBay store/website? I didn't see any for $56.99, much less the one that Simon520 purchased. I think he REALLY got lucky!
I'm not found of ordering direct from China and I'm not even sure what I'm getting. Really interesting though!

I haven't looked in his shop but on ordinary ebay hkequipment lists NiteCore D10 SP Cree XP-E R2 Smart PD LED AA Torch and shows a bunch of pics of the thing looking exactly as per the ones with XP-E R2 put up by simon520 in this thread. SP's are usually marked SP and these aren't. The description states XP-E R2 and ramping and the pics show a unit quite different to the last of the original ramping ones I got in R2 which was XR-E not XP-E (difference is obvious looking at the emitter). For what it's worth I've bought stuff twice from this particular mob before and they've been completely reliable so I wouldn't be too afraid to order again. Delivery time to rural Australia for my stuff was nine and eleven days. They list them at US$61.

jslappa

Enlightened
Who's got the list of owners from the D10 EX10 registration thread? That may contain a wealth of information too.

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
I've received a reply from Nitecore. They confirmed they only release D10 SP at the moment. They have also stated the ramping UI is discontinued for D10 but will be implemented in their future products.

Although I also think it's a major blunder to discontinue the D10 with ramping, I'm excited to see what new lights will feature it. Matt at Battery Junction had previously acknowledged the use of ramping in future products.

Bass

Enlightened
Not to hijack from this great thread but I just bought:

http://hkequipment.net/index.php?sp...t0=1&id=336&cat1=13&cat0=1&new=&more=&lang=en

hope it is the one that simon520 got. I'm sure I will be happy either way though :grin2:

It looks to be a XP-E in the slideshow pictures but another image shows the older type piston. The XP-E version, in simon520 post, has the re-designed SP piston; o-ring on the tail.

It is a different piston, so I can't call it. Either way, you will be happy. Good price too :thumbsup:

Simon520

Newly Enlightened
Do an Ebay search on this exact phrase:

NiteCore D10 Cree XP-E R2 Smart PD LED AA Flashlight

and choose the seller Hkequipment. Make sure it's a non-SP light. I can't link the auction because it has expired. The seller actually verified each and every light he sent me (there were more than one..:twothumbs) to make sure they were the old UI.

jslappa

Enlightened
I know many here are grabbing those "unholy SP D10's", but I wanted to let everyone know that you CAN take the guts out of your old D10 and put them in the new one. Just keep the SP guts as backup if the D10 ever completely gets retired.

I was able to take the guts from a D10 Q5 and put them in the camo D10 SP body.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
but I wanted to let everyone know that you CAN take the guts out of your old D10 and put them in the new one.........
I was able to take the guts from a D10 Q5 and put them in the camo D10 SP body.
Now you're talkin'. I think I'm gunna order up a new SP Camo and put my R2 Ramper innards in him..

pugga

Newly Enlightened
I would have done this already especially the trit version but i'm just not sure in the camo/snake skin look. Some pics make the finish look pretty average like it is an after thought. I might wait a bit to see if anyone brings out a black or natural SP with the trit:).

timbo114

Enlightened
Simon520, thank you for posting.

I was starting to wonder if I had been hornswoggeled by Hkequipment , until I just read this thread.
I had been comparing and getting a bit angered ...as I had specifically requested a NON SP unit from seller.

Just today, I received a 'hybrid' version of the D10 XP E R2.
I have the 'SP' specific holograghic box - with 'SP' specific details - but a D10 XP E R2 warranty card serial # C1225HK 000124.

Operator's manual states D10 & EX10 - nothing about 'SP' or SOS/strobe.

My torch is Olive HA - body states Smart PD D10 R2.
Mine ramps and has direct access to hi/lo - no SOS/strobe functions.

After seeing your photos, my unit is identical save for the Olive coloring.

I feel much better now, and I'll consider this as maybe a 'limited production' find and be happy.
$53.94 shipped (after BCB on eBay) ;)

Dispatch, January 02, 2010, 9:12 pm, HONG KONG / received Jan 7, 2010 Pa USA - incredible delivery time!

Last edited:

jslappa

Enlightened
Very nice indeed Timbo. I think that you have the best of both worlds with your light. You get the updated piston, for better button-pressin' action, and the ramping of the previous model.

If you have time, I would love to see your Olive D10. We need more pics here! I just sent 2 of my D10's and 7 of my EX10's out for a nice new coat of color. Can't wait to see them. Here are the colors:

Dark Earth
Hidden White
Lolipop Purple
Titanium Blue
orangish/red
Desert Khaki

timbo114

Enlightened
I just took a few snaps - my CFL bulbs are washing out the color.
I'll take some better snaps tomorrow in daylight, outdoors.

DSCF2733-1.jpg

Last edited: