A "venting" about Nitecorestore.com (not the light itself) please chime in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

megabrightlite

Newly Enlightened
A "venting" about Nitecorestore.com (not the light itself) please chime in...

I recently joined this forum and LOVE it, you guys rock and I should have consulted this forum before throwing $400.00 in my first light to Nitecore. I pre ordered the new TM28 6000 LM from Nitecore directly on the 5th of December, they said they will be shipping the 15th which was paramount to me cause of Christmas, in fact on my order notes I mentioned I need this by Christmas. I never heard a thing from them and on the 15th as I had to leave VM and email to finally receive an answer that they arrived on the 15th and should ship by end of the day.

Never happened! It went to 4:30 Friday the 16th only after more emails and voicemails I never got a shipping confirmation or tracking number just to receive a call that the lights came in but without the batteries and they are not shipping without the batteries and did not give me a date the batteries will be in! How can a big flashlight manufacture not have batteries? I believe they are proprietary as they are 4 x IMR or Li-ion 18650 Batteries (4x 3500mAH IMR18650

Is this typical customer service before you receive an item from them? I've read nothing that said to stay away or really anything negative or is this the nature of this biz?

I wanted a powerful blinding light in a palm size, I wanted the cool factor, ie, liked the OLED display, but now questioning my choice with the 3 strikes I received from them before I even get it, especially at that amount of $$.

I appreciate all your comments good or bad, if I screwed up I can handle it, I've done worse. Thanks guys/gals.

Last edited:
bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Re: A rant about Nitecore please chime in...

I like their D4 charger. Can't speak for their lights though. But I see a bunch of rescue workers use them so there is that.

Timothybil

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast

The only lights Nitecore sells with cells included are the P30, the R40, the TM03, and the TM36. Any other light that is sold with cells is a package deal put together by the retailer, not by Nitecore.

Also, regardless of who actually sold it to you, delays happen. They are at the mercy of shipping delays just as we are. They may not have responded as quickly as you would have wished, but in their defense I would bet that their customer service people were swamped with calls, VMs and emails about the delay, with Christmas approaching.

LeafSamurai

LeafSamurai

Enlightened

I agree with Timothybil. Nitecore does not generally include batteries with their lights and only selected models do include them as shown by Timothy. You should have done more research on whether they include batteries before purchasing the light. Not trying to blame you but if I were to plonk $400 for a light, you better believe that I'm going to do all the research I can before buying it. Olight generally does include batteries with their lights so you can try them for the light+cell combo next time.

Which place did you buy them from? There are some places that looks like Nitecore official store but they actually aren't. Delays happen as Timothy has said and you just have to be patient, especially with Christmas coming soon.

Enderman

Enderman

Enlightened

They are not proprietary batteries, you can use any 18650s.
But that is definitely a problem for you if they don't ship you the light until they get the batteries in.

Just fyi, this is december, and tons of places are running out of stock and having delayed shipping.
You should have planned ahead of time for this season...

A

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter

You buy that garbage in the first place and you don't get any sympathy from me. You've been around here long enough to know that Nightcrap is garbage Timothy. Get it together man.

M

megabrightlite

Newly Enlightened

They are not proprietary batteries, you can use any 18650s.
But that is definitely a problem for you if they don't ship you the light until they get the batteries in.

Just fyi, this is december, and tons of places are running out of stock and having delayed shipping.
You should have planned ahead of time for this season...

Honestly, I thought laying out $400.00, 3 weeks ahead of time buying direct from the company that has their name on the light was "planning ahead". Hey I'm 56 and ole school, growing up in the 70's what companies advertised for sale they had, what people said they would do they did. It's a new world and takes getting used to.

I'm not making excuses for my bad decision I am a newby here and thought this would be a fun hobby and obviously have a lot to learn.

M

megabrightlite

Newly Enlightened

You buy that garbage in the first place and you don't get any sympathy from me. You've been around here long enough to know that Nightcrap is garbage Timothy. Get it together man.

I'm a newby here and to lights, I've read a couple hundred posts and searched the web a month+/- before I "purchased" nowhere till now did I read this Nitecore "is garbage", that said, I guess I can call and cancel?

Impossible lumens

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

What's up with this post? This seems way off. As the OP has already been forced to reply... Just someone starting out in the illuminous world of handheld lights and respectfully asking questions. Please qualify your statement.

Bdm82

Bdm82

Enlightened
CPF Supporter

This whole thread is a mess.

Nitecore as a brand is fine. Very innovative and there are countless Nitecore light owners here who can attest for the brand. I have I think 7 NC lights and am satisfied. Though one did have to be repaired when a driver lost one mode.

But on this purchase, you say directly from Nitecore, but there is really no such thing. Depending on where you are at geographically, you would have ended up with different distributors.

You haven't identified by name who you bought from. You haven't identified what email address you contacted. Etc. For all we know, you could have bought a package put together by an anuathorized reseller, and you've been email a bad email address expecting updates. The fact you didn't see on the true Nitecore site thst the light doesn't come with batteries before buying from wherever you did with batteries included, would make me put the burden of proof back on you to explain who you're dealing with.

That said, I hope it works out for you, and if I were you I'd cancel the order and buy elsewhere to be safe. Doesn't sound like you got a killer deal or anything.

Impossible lumens

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

As for customer service from big consumer based brands, some can be worse than others. As a general rule though, the best customer service is no customer service and all of my encounters have been typically bad. Here's the standard for a typical customer service experience (if needed) you can expect from most major brands with regards to warranty (again, if needed).

1. You contact them and politely explain all the details of your defective product and ask for measures to exchange the item.
2. Nothing happens.
3. Still waiting.
4. One of two things. A. you send another email, slightly more agitated tone, explaining the circumstances once again. or B. They send a reply asking you to either explain the problem or to make sure that your battery is charged.
5. You reply and tell them about how you already told them your battery was charged in the first email and you also already told them that you are using the correct IMR battery that is button top or whatever it is that the flashlight requires.
6. They reply and ask you to send them a picture.
7. This goes on and on.

I think returning to a store or to amazon, like before 30 days is much easier. Dealing with warranty is hard. Maybe it's best to just call them and not shut up until they agree to an RMA ticket. This is what I'm going to try if it ever happens again.

As for your deal with waiting extra time for the light. I really do think that it is just the timing of the release. It's Christmas (AND) Nitecore is releasing a new big light. So if there is a hitch with their release requiring a couple extra weeks then this is also typical of things that sometimes happen with new light releases and pre-orders year round. Again, the timing is that it's Christmas for us. Also they're based in China and don't view Christmas in the same light as we here in the states. Like, it means everything to us and nothing to them kind of thing.

Did you order the light with the proprietary battery or just the light that can use your own 18650s? I know that they are selling two versions. If you got the 18650 only version then I don't see why they can't just ship that to you. I would maybe contact them and ask them to please just ship if it's the 18650 version or possibly change to this version or cancel altogether. Not sure why they wouldn't ship the standard version out just because they don't yet have the battery packs for those versions. Seems weird.

Impossible lumens

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

Try Andrew-Amanda.com they say they have the light ready on their site. You can email them in advance, and they are very forthcoming with information IMO.

Impossible lumens

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

+ they have 30% discount going. hope I don't get in trouble.:cool:

M

megabrightlite

Newly Enlightened

This whole thread is a mess.

Nitecore as a brand is fine. Very innovative and there are countless Nitecore light owners here who can attest for the brand. I have I think 7 NC lights and am satisfied. Though one did have to be repaired when a driver lost one mode.

But on this purchase, you say directly from Nitecore, but there is really no such thing. Depending on where you are at geographically, you would have ended up with different distributors.

You haven't identified by name who you bought from. You haven't identified what email address you contacted. Etc. For all we know, you could have bought a package put together by an anuathorized reseller, and you've been email a bad email address expecting updates. The fact you didn't see on the true Nitecore site thst the light doesn't come with batteries before buying from wherever you did with batteries included, would make me put the burden of proof back on you to explain who you're dealing with.

That said, I hope it works out for you, and if I were you I'd cancel the order and buy elsewhere to be safe. Doesn't sound like you got a killer deal or anything.

You completely misunderstood me what you are saying I never wrote here!?. Nitecorestore.com is "Nitecore" directly http://www.nitecorestore.com/NiteCore-TM28-6000-Lumen-LED-Flashlight-p/fl-nite-tm28.htm , vs. buying from amazon ebay or other 3rd party its as direct as you can get! Secondly it Does state, "BATTERIES INCLUDED" and it does state on their website I will receive email updates, to "my email address I've owned for 17 years... I'm not an idiot as you implied.

M

megabrightlite

Newly Enlightened

And before you say their website states: The TM28 light shall arrive around 12/16/2016. The 3500mah IMR18650 batteries shall arrive around 12/23/2016
It sais that TODAY, but did not say that UNTIL TODAY. In this day and age, with all the technology of communication, I feel it should not happen is all, jmho.

Impossible lumens

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

You completely misunderstood me what you are saying I never wrote here!?. Nitecorestore.com is "Nitecore" directly http://www.nitecorestore.com/NiteCore-TM28-6000-Lumen-LED-Flashlight-p/fl-nite-tm28.htm , vs. buying from amazon ebay or other 3rd party its as direct as you can get! Secondly it Does state, "BATTERIES INCLUDED" and it does state on their website I will receive email updates, to "my email address I've owned for 17 years... I'm not an idiot as you implied.
I don't think BDM82 meant anything personal. was only trying to help.

N

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unless something has changed, nitecorestore.com isn't owned by Nitecore.

I've purchased from them before, drama free.

It doesn't surprise me that protected button topped 3500 mah Nitecore branded batteries may be in short supply.

Unless Nitecore made major changes to the TM series lights, the overall cell length is important for the light to function. Too long and the ground isn't established, too short and the positive doesn't make contact.

There are new shipping regulations set to take effect that prohibit shipping lithium batteries by air unless they're packaged inside the devise.

Batteries coming from Asia unless via charter flight will be coming via ship and a three week delay.

I own 5-6 Tiny Monsters and would purchase a TM28 if I presently needed a new high powered light.

Hope you receive the light before Christmas.

chaosdsm

chaosdsm

Enlightened

I pre ordered the new TM28 6000 LM from Nitecore directly
I believe that your rant is based on a flawed premise, & possibly on flawed thinking as well....

Pre-orders are almost always shipped first ordered, first out. Sometimes initial shipments may be very small, even just a single case of product, so if you're the 50th pre-order placed then 49 other orders will be shipped first... If they got 12 lights in the first shipment, they cannot very well fill 50 orders....

ALSO, As far as I can tell, Sysmax and Nitecore do not sell directly to consumers. If you purchased from "Nitecorestore.com" they are a completely separate entity from Nitecore.

Nitecore is owned by Sysmax Industries, a Chinese company
Nitecorestore is a division of Lumen Tactical, an American seller on Amazon.

Finally, an on-time release for a flashlight is hit or miss... Last minute findings with pre-production models can push a new release back days, weeks, or even more than a month. The few reliable sources I've seen show 12/31/16 as the availability date due to delays with the batteries.

M

megabrightlite

Newly Enlightened

One more thought, I loathe companies that take your money based on lies that they have something in stock and do not, then don't take customers money. To me its like robbery without a weapon. Just be honest. Again, we have the technology to avoid it, you just need to hire smart people and have checks and balances.

TinderBox (UK)

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Nitecore MH25 came with an Nitecore 2300mah 18650, the MH25 has an microusb charging port.

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.