• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

A19 CREE XR-E 2x123 Flashlight ***NEW***HA NATURAL

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sway said:
I'm happy somebody was able purchase an A19 McCree at the Shoppee :), I kept getting credit card errors with two different (Paid Up) cards, just my luck. I know it's a little off topic in this thread but did anybody else have a problem?

Later
Kelly

I used PayPal and had no problems. There are still some A19 Cree 1 x 123 lights in Black and Ha Nat. Do you want me to go grab one for you? No problem to me.:)

Ken

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Kid9P said:
Hey Guys,

I just ordered one from the Shoppe !!!!!!!! 2x123...WOOT!!:naughty:

Don added a few more, get them while they last!!

Kid9P / Ray

A point of clarification: Wayne and Cindy added more. THe shoppe belongs to Wayne and Cindy and they are handling and building these A19 XR-E lights. :)

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo said:
A point of clarification: Wayne and Cindy added more. THe shoppe belongs to Wayne and Cindy and they are handling and building these A19 XR-E lights. :)

I should have been more specific Don, sorry.

I meant to say they you produced more lights...
My excitement caused my fingers to have a brain fart. :)
Ray

ianb

Enlightened
FlashInThePan said:
Bugger! I haven't even received the 1x123 I ordered last week, and already the 2x123 2-stage lights are out.

*sob*

I've never had a light become obsolete before its arrival. Wow.

- FITP
I don't think it's obselete yet :), the drive level is higher and you will get a longer run. Though the form factor of 1 x 123 is nice and small and the drive current is very close...
cryhavok said:

825ma vs 917ma ...

I don't think you should regret it at all, from what I've read they are quite good,

Ian :)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I'm glad I got the smaller 1 x 123 version of this light. It has more wow(!) factor. Thats the whole point right? We want brighter lights in smaller packages. Going from 825mA to 917mA *aint* gonna be that much brighter. And if you want two stage just screw one on there from one of your other Alephs if you already have the 1x cree version.

BTW there is one more 1x123 Black one at this posting.... :)

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
MAN I wish I hadn't gone to bed early last night. Good snag guys!! 1 Black 1x123 left right now!
EDIT: Make that 0 Black 1x123's left... :whistle:
john

Last edited:

ianb

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
... And if you want two stage just screw one on there from one of your other Alephs if you already have the 1x cree version.... :)

From what Dat2zip says (in the Shoppe thread here...)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/138306

dat2zip said:
The GD doesn't like resistored tailcaps so we are not going to offer a 2 stage version at this time.

HTH,

Ian

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
will the 2x cr123 version run at full brightness on a 17670?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
ianb said:
From what Dat2zip says (in the Shoppe thread here...)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/138306

HTH,

Ian

Dang this stuff is spread out in alot of threads! :laughing:

Thanks for clarifying. I wonder what he is using for two stage then if its not resistored? I bet its the electronics in the 1x that doesnt like the resistored TC, isnt the 2x using a DB917?

monkeyboy said:
will the 2x cr123 version run at full brightness on a 17670?
The 1x version will with the proper tube.

ianb

Enlightened
I think its to do with the different drivers its okay for the DB917 but the problem occured with the GD825. So the tailcap on the 2 x 123 will be resistored,

Ian :)

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
YIPPEE! This feeding frenzy for the CREE A19 is GREAT! In a few weeks there will be several on the B/S/T forums. ;)

Seriously, enjoy them until the next greatest comes along. I can't believe how fast LED technology is moving forward. It's like computers were in the late 1990's.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Wayne didn't give the bin for them:

dat2zip said:
Why don't you tell us the bin code? Todays white LEDs have tight grouping and from one end of the spectrum in tint they are all nice and white. Since I would have to order reels of 1,000 pieces to get a bin code or specify a possible range, pay a premium for selected bin codes I have decided to not do that since in most cases the tint is not an issue. There is no cause for concern that you might get a puke greenie. Those days are history.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did anybodys ship yet???
Mine still shows as PROCESSING @ the shoppe.

Ray

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
The anticipation is KILLING ME :)
My A19 Cree is on the delivery truck, I should have it
sometime before 3pm today.

I've must have looked out my window about 50 times already...LOL

I'll take some pics as soon as it arrives.

Ray

jefft

Enlightened
Just received my 2X123 A19 today. None of the RCR123A cells I have fit in this light, though. Slightly whiter than the 1 cell A19. Seems a little brighter, certainly not a dramatic difference. But, the 2 stages make this a much more useful light. I never thought I'd consider a small light too bright, but the 1 cell does lose out in overall utility because of it.