A19 CREE XR-E 2x123 Flashlight ***NEW***HA NATURAL

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
But, the 2 stages make this a much more useful light. I never thought I'd consider a small light too bright, but the 1 cell does lose out in overall utility because of it.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. Please ad a 2 stage 1-123 in the near future. Awesome lights.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
IMHO,
A NexGen500 with two stage switch would be a good utility package here but it won't work with R123's. :shrug:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thinking:
McGizmo said:
IMHO,
A NexGen500 with two stage switch would be a good utility package here but it won't work with R123's. :shrug:

IMHO, A Cree XR-E, DownBoy500, A2 head, modded mcr20, R123, flat tail cap with a two stage clickie switch that tailstands will be real nice.:rock: Hmmm:thinking: ....sounds just like the one I made!:grin2:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Showoff! :clap:

I happened to have a 2-stage flat-top spare. This works perfectly with my
one-cell A19.

So I have a A19 head (soon to have a ti bezel) with surefire E1E body and
2-stage flat-top. This cuts down the length quite a lot too so its Q3-size !

:touche:

toyopet

Newly Enlightened
McGizmo said:
IMHO,
Are there problems with running the NexGen on an r123? I have an Aleph 2 NexGen500 and have been using an r123 intermittently for the past 2+ years.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Toyopet, the NexGen is a boost driver and the vf on the Cree XR-E I have measure much lower than the voltage for an R123 so the NexGen R123 would be a no go.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Not the 2x123 though, as this thread is titled... geez WP - get people's hopes up, why don't you!?!? :nana: :wave:

Lonely Raven

Newly Enlightened
True. I've considered jumping on one (11 left as I type this), but I really want one with a little bit of size to it. I'm not sure if I want to wait, nor can I afford the McCree Titanium when it comes out. I have limited means.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Raven...nevermore! You know what they say about a bird in the hand... Both lights (1 cell & 2 cell) have positive attributes. The amount of light this little 1 cell wonder puts out is simply PHENOMINAL! It's hard to say when the 2 cell version will be available. It could be within hours or possibly weeks. So, if you can't afford to buy them both (CPF mantra) this might be a golden opportunity. Good luck.

Lonely Raven

Newly Enlightened
fnmag said:
Mr. Raven...nevermore! You know what they say about a bird in the hand... Both lights (1 cell & 2 cell) have positive attributes. The amount of light this little 1 cell wonder puts out is simply PHENOMINAL! It's hard to say when the 2 cell version will be available. It could be within hours or possibly weeks. So, if you can't afford to buy them both (CPF mantra) this might be a golden opportunity. Good luck.

Very true, but since I can't afford to buy more then one, I'd much rather wait for the one the suits me and how I will use it.

If I knew more about modding and the like, I might just build up one myself. The thing that's holding me back from that is the lack of available natural aluminum parts.

Tritium

Enlightened
Lonely Raven said:
Very true, but since I can't afford to buy more then one, I'd much rather wait for the one the suits me and how I will use it.

If I knew more about modding and the like, I might just build up one myself. The thing that's holding me back from that is the lack of available natural aluminum parts.

I can strip any part you get to bare aluminum in a few minutes if that is what you mean by "Natural Aluminum". I have 5 lbs of NaOH so I can strip many many parts.

Thurmond

Lonely Raven

Newly Enlightened
Thurmond, you are my new best friend!

I knew anodizing could be chemically stripped (I've had it done in the past), but I didnt' realize it was just Sodium hydroxide that did it! Any idea where one might buy his own stash of NaOH, so I could strip and polish my own lights??

This opens up SO MANY options for me now!

I just need to find the light I like now!