A2 Aviator

Wolfman

Newly Enlightened
Its likely been asked before, but I don't seem to be able to find this info:

1) How does the regular beam compare to that of M2/P60?
2) Does anybody know when the green LED version will be available?

Thanks!

Size15's

Flashaholic
The A2 has a beam like the MN03 in the E2e. It's colour temperature is very white and remains so throughout the runtime (of 60 minutes) because it is Digitally Regulated.

I understand that red LEDs will be released first. I can not tell you when other colours will be released.

Al

Wolfman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Al. So how does the MN03 in E2e compare to that of the P60 in M2? I am just trying to get a feel for what its like, never having used one.
smile.gif

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
Wolfman,

It is my understanding that the beam of the E2e (MN03) is slightly more diffuse than that of the P-60, and is thus less intense in its center. Hence, some throw is probably sacrificed. Essentially the same amount of light, though.

Respectively,
Dale

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Size15s:
The A2 has a beam like the MN03 in the E2e. It's colour temperature is very white and remains so throughout the runtime (of 60 minutes) because it is Digitally Regulated.

Al
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you saying that the MN03 lamp is ALSO regulated? Meaning that it will roughly maintain it's 50-60 lumens for its entire battery life??! WOW if it's true.

If it is true, then i will hold off in purchasing another E2e to replace my old EDC E2. I think the A2 will be better just for the fact that the standard lamp will maintain constant output as well. WAY TO GO SUREFIRE!

Size15's

Flashaholic
The A2 is Digitally Regulated

The E2e is NOT Digitally Regulated.

The BEAM SHAPE of the MA02 is more similar to the MN03 than it is to the P60. This is due in part to the reflector diameter I think.

The beam throw is similar.

The A2's MA02 Beam is whiter and more intense. It is Digitally Regulated which means the output does not decrease or yellow during the runtime. The output remains the same for the full 60 minutes.

Al

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
oops...i did ask if the MN03 was regulated. Sorry. I really did mean the A2's incadescent bulb. But thanks for clarifying this. I am deginately waiting for the A2!!!

Output remains the same for the full 60 minutes! WOW...i know that this has been mentioned before but man, am i impressed!

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wonder if its possible to use the digital regulation circuit in other 6v surefires? id love a regulated incadescant.

Bucky

Enlightened
Maybe I missed something and I'm not trying to be picky here, but I thought the 2003 catalog and Brock's runtime chart had both indicated a 50 minute runtime for the A2. Did I miss something? Believe me, I would love 10 more minutes of light if possible.
smile.gif
Maybe the A2-HID has a runtime of 60 minutes.
wink.gif

Either way, the latest SF estimate says the end of this month so maybe we will have them in our hot little hands sooner rather than later.

Bucky