AA battery case

billc501

Newly Enlightened
Whats a good 4 or 8 AA battery case one that close tightly and holds the batterys securely

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of those cheap plastic cases spring open,worth spending a little more i have found pays dividends.

billc501

Newly Enlightened
I have a Powerpax on the way I want something that covers the batteries

Yamabushi

Enlightened
I bought my cases on eBay; four cases AA cases and 2 AAA cases for about $5 including shipping.

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
rubber bands are the answer. the holders are all the same to me so I buy the cheapest or use the el cheapo bonus ones the retailer tosses in the order. I wrap rubber bands around them all whether or not they need them because i have bad eye sight & my hands are all thumbs & I usually can not see the lock tabs well enough to see how to open them without ripping the tabs off with my teeth. I do like the bright color battery caddies & toss them in zip lock baggies for travel. if it was not for bad sight I would not need to be a flashaholic -- not.

Last edited:

gradio

Newly Enlightened
I guess I'm cheap in some ways - just the other day I bought a few packs of AA eneloop's @ Costco... part of the reason is each pack came with a couple battery case's. Each holds 4 AA cells.
10 AA's per pack for about $20.
They also had a 8-pack mix AA & AAA plus Sanyo 4-bay charger and a couple slip in C & D cheaters, on sale for only a few bucks more. But the 10-pack AA with the cases, well I guess I thought at the time I could use a few cases so I spent almost the same (few bucks less) so I can have the cases. They are cheap cases, but I didn't have any cases at all just a week ago. I also just bought the i4 charger earlier this month, plus already had a Sanyo 4-bay charger from previous eneloop purchases. Maybe the other package was a better deal being on sale, but cheap cases got the better of me.