AA LED on an AR-15

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
NiteCore is the only one without a forward switch and when pressing the switch your may change light output. I also has a recessed switch.

The Fenix TK20 is thicker than the other lights and has a bigger reflector.

Your can compare four of them here:

Thanks for the excellent pics!

Can you help me understand how the NiteCore switch works? I was under the impression the bezel assembly needed to be turned in order to access the different light levels.

Thanks

HKJ

Flashaholic
Can you help me understand how the NiteCore switch works? I was under the impression the bezel assembly needed to be turned in order to access the different light levels.

I can try, but I will explain it another way than it is usual explained:

Your have 3 positions: off, on-1 and on-2

With the bezel loose your are in off and the switch can be depressed to on-1 and on-2.
When bezel are tight your are in on-1 and the switch can be depressed to on-2.

off is full off, no standby current is used.
on-1 can be on or off, and a small standby current is used.

The following functions are usual done with tight bezel, but can also be done with loose bezel:
Turning on/off from on-1 is done with a short press to on-2.
Adjusting the level is done with a long press from on-1 to on-2.
Two fast pressed from on-1 to on-2 will select lowest level.
A fast and a slow press from on-1 to on-2 will select highest level.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Thanks for the excellent pics!

Thanks

No, it's all through the tailswitch. There is a video which shows how the NiteCore PD system works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irqhuV8Xo_A

The D20 works essentially identical to the D10/EX10

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
Wow, the NiteCore seems overly complicated for a tactical light. I think I'd be better served with a more traditional switch.

Thanks

Marduke

Flashaholic
Wow, the NiteCore seems overly complicated for a tactical light. I think I'd be better served with a more traditional switch.

Thanks

The D20 was never advertised as, or meant for a "tactical" light.

It's not as hard as it seems. It's essentially a single mode light, and you set that one mode. If you want to change that mode, it happens to be easily accessible.

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
The D20 was never advertised as, or meant for a "tactical" light.

It's not as hard as it seems. It's essentially a single mode light, and you set that one mode. If you want to change that mode, it happens to be easily accessible.

I understand now. My mistake was assuming the D20 functioned like the NiteCore Defender Infinity series, and that is just not the case.

Any rumors of a 2xAA version in the NDI series on the horizon?