OwlEyez

Newly Enlightened
Wow - tell me more!
wow.gif
These are georgeous!
kewlpics.gif

Do you make these?
poke2.gif
What kind of wood? How do they hold up, or are they just for show?

OwlEyez

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Hello gentlemen,

Will, your exotic wood minimags are really sweet. I am happy to say the actual product is even better than the photos- I had to buy a couple of them......

For anyone who still hasn't gotten one the ebay seller natlsports is offering the original light pink color as well as some mid-1980's black minimags in the original blister pack again. Picking up the original light pink for $15 shipped is a hell of a find......

Good hunting folks.....

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
this thread has been pretty quiet -

Couple of questions:

Will the MagLEDs be collected like these?
Will that be a different thread?
so far - I have seen black and gray.

anyone removed the LED from these yet?

if so - how do you do it?

Will Maglite come out with new colors for the incan AAs ?

lm4300

Newly Enlightened
Feel free to move this comment as necessary....

I was at WalMart and saw the AA MagLeds' for the first time, next to the NiteIze drop in LED conversions. Has anyone done a head2head to compare the two? It seemed a little cheaper to buy an original MagliteAA and get the conversion.... but is it better?

greenLED

Flashaholic
sizzle - I'd say that's the "regular" violet. On my last count, there's "violet" (the regular offering), that faded purple that you (sizzle) have, and the dark purple/blue that some of us have. :nana:

will, I won't collect those. I was going to buy one, but after skimming through recent reviews, I think I'll keep using sammies, thankyouverymuch. There's a couple of threads reporting disassembly, but I can't remember who posted them right now.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I plan to start a new minimag led collection. But I figure it will be a while before colors other than black/pewter come out.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
will, I won't collect those. I was going to buy one, but after skimming through recent reviews, I think I'll keep using sammies, thankyouverymuch. .

I picked up a 2 AA MagLED, then a 3 AA MagLED. To my eye, pointing them against a dark wall, they look pretty much the same. I also have a Nexgen 750 sammie, with a McR-27L reflector (made my own head and bezel), running off a Lithium 14670 battery. The sammie is brighter, has a tighter spot and is 4 times the cost. Then I have an old Maglite 2 C flashlight, I put one of the MagLED conversions in it, that is better than the sammie, that comparison is not apples to apples. SO - having said all that - if cost is an issue - get the stock MagLED $30 for the 2 D, or the $25 or less MagLED AAs

bimemrboy318

Enlightened
Thanks to this post I am the proud owner of 4 colors. Red, Pewter, Ice Blue, and Blue. That's every color Wal-Mart had last night. Actually, even better, my wife offered to buy one of every color they had! I was happy to just pick up a couple last night and come back for the others!

bimemrboy318

Enlightened
Hey I just noticed that I bought 2 packages labeled with M2AKGN. One is the babyish blue that I'd think is blueshimmer LIKE THIS. One is a dark blue LIKE THIS. So what is the dark blue? The part number must be wrong on the package.

greenLED

Flashaholic
The mislabelling of packages has been documented before. There's actually a couple of blue shades (from lightest to darkest):

light blue
ice blue
blue shimmer
blue
midnight blue

Since you bought your lights from Wal-Mart, I'm inclined to say you have shimmer blue (light shade) and blue.

bimemrboy318

Enlightened
green,

Thanks! At least now I know what I don't need to acquire. Also, FYI... I bought each light with a pair of extra bulbs (in addition to the ones in the light) and the nylon holster in a blister pack for $8.74 at Wal-Mart.

farmall

Enlightened
bimemrboy318 said:
green,

Thanks! At least now I know what I don't need to acquire. Also, FYI... I bought each light with a pair of extra bulbs (in addition to the ones in the light) and the nylon holster in a blister pack for $8.74 at Wal-Mart.

Interested in a collection? I'm thinking of selling mine.

bimemrboy318

Enlightened
Is it possible that I found one of the limited edition ice blues in a Indiana Walmart? I was in Evansville Inidiana for work and stopped in wal mart. They had a light blue which looks exactly like the limited edition ice blue on action-lights.com. They also had a bunch of blue shimmers and this was much lighter with a hint of silver/grey in it. The serial number was wrong and indicated a kgn (blue I believe). It was the only one on the whole rack of about 100 mini mags.

edit: Now that I think about it, I think was I have is a blue shimmer and the other is a light blue. And the "blue" I recently got from Walmart seems to be the blue/purple color. It looked blue in the store but in the house under soft white bulbs it looks purple.

I've also got a hot pink. Is this the fuscia color?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.