AA MiniMag Collection - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimemrboy318

Enlightened
One more thing guys... it seems that action-lights.com has 5 different colors in the Mini Mag LEDs. But they don't offer orange or jade anymore (darn, I need those colors!)

bimemrboy318

Enlightened
This photo proves it. The colors I recently got at various Walmarts in the Buffalo, NY area and Evansville, IN are ice blue (IN), blue shimmer (NY), and blue/purple (NY)

sizzlechest said:
Thanks Will for the great photos - very nice work.

I don't think I have all these blue colors.........do I?

I'll have to check it out when I get home.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Yup. IIRC, I bought my ice blue and blue shimmer from Wal-Mart. I also bought jade from them.

Could anybody confirm what the difference between "light blue" and "ice blue" is? :thanks:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
Yup. IIRC, I bought my ice blue and blue shimmer from Wal-Mart. I also bought jade from them.

Could anybody confirm what the difference between "light blue" and "ice blue" is? :thanks:

I do not have them in front of me right now, but ice blue is more silver in color, the light blue has more blue in it. they are in fact different colors.

As of last week - action lights had only the black and the gray mini-magLEDs, none of the other colors they list are available ( unless they just got them in )

turbodog

Flashaholic
Let me remind everyone that AL has the americana collection for about $50. This is a great deal. Original price was about $100.

These are not made anymore. You'll be kicking yourself if you miss a good, cheap opportunity to own a set.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
turbodog said:
Let me remind everyone that AL has the americana collection for about $50. This is a great deal. Original price was about $100.

These are not made anymore. You'll be kicking yourself if you miss a good, cheap opportunity to own a set.

I did not get them when they were $99, too much money at the time. I did get them when they were reduced to $79. It is really a nice set. the Wooden box adds a bit of class to the collection.

greenLED

Flashaholic
You know, I saw a few of those Americana sets back when I did the GB with AL - wasn't too thrilled about them. I know they're special adhesives and what-not, but the graphics look like stickers and I wonder what their long-term durability is.

On the other hand $50 *is* a great price for them.

turbodog

Flashaholic
They are something called 'duraprint'. I would say durability is excellent. But... are you actually going to use them?

greenLED

Flashaholic
turbodog said:
They are something called 'duraprint'. I would say durability is excellent. But... are you actually going to use them?
Not use, obviously. My concern was with the colors fading with time.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not seen any gold mini-mags for sale in quite awhile.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Turbodog's TODO list for tonight:

1. identify buyer of gold minimag
2. hack into account
3. instruct seller to ship to my house
4. send thank you note to seller and buyer

sizzlechest

Enlightened
It certainly looks real to me as well. Sometimes people just don't know what their selling. Will, what makes you think it isn't the holy grail?

I didn't want to report the auction on the forum in hopes someone would get a good deal on it- but $6.45!!!! Wow! I'm in shock.

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Perhaps the picture is not of the actual item for sale. The auction description was copied from an earlier auction by someone else. You never know though.

Status
Not open for further replies.