AA MiniMag Collection - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are brass under the 24k plating. Sacrilege, I know, but I wonder what one of those would look like stripped and polished up. :shrug: :eek:

They would look like polished brass, better to get a standard mini and have it brass plated, ( I am not sure if you can brass plate over aluminum ) I did a solitaire with a brass sleeve, It came out nice, different, but it looked like brass..

Flipside

Enlightened
The original 24K gold mini-mags do not come up that often, just one or two per year. I would not count on getting one down the road. If you want one, now is the time to bid. My opinion - $125-$160 is probably tops. I think there are members here that would cap it at $100. Also - the few bids most likely come from people here.

Good luck...

Da-yum! Someone's hungry for Gold! 200 clams...

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
They would look like polished brass, better to get a standard mini and have it brass plated, ( I am not sure if you can brass plate over aluminum ) I did a solitaire with a brass sleeve, It came out nice, different, but it looked like brass..

Yeah, but wouldn't you wear the plating down over time repolishing it? If you want to do a run of brass plating (assuming it's possible), I am in! :devil: :shakehead

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, but wouldn't you wear the plating down over time repolishing it? If you want to do a run of brass plating (assuming it's possible), I am in! :devil: :shakehead

It would depend on the thickness of the plating. I have no plans to do any brass plating.

bubbajoe

Newly Enlightened
The Fivemega gold plated mini mags arrived today. The pictures do not do them justice. they are beautiful little works of art!

I was going to place an order on Zimmermanns website for some of the colors I don't have. I got the exchange rate , but i'm not sure on of colors. What is ROT? is it red or the dark red? hard to tell by the pictures. I'm guessing the other is Amethyst by the spelling and the others are pretty easy to figure out. by the color of the maglites. Thanks

would anyone have extras of some of these colors they would like to part with?

Robert15

Newly Enlightened
The Fivemega gold plated mini mags arrived today. The pictures do not do them justice. they are beautiful little works of art!

I was going to place an order on Zimmermanns website for some of the colors I don't have. I got the exchange rate , but i'm not sure on of colors. What is ROT? is it red or the dark red? hard to tell by the pictures. I'm guessing the other is Amethyst by the spelling and the others are pretty easy to figure out. by the color of the maglites. Thanks

would anyone have extras of some of these colors they would like to part with?

I read enough German to figure out most of the colors...
Schwarz = Black
Silber = Silver
Blau = Blue
Rot = Red
Grün = Green
Hellblau = Light Blue
Nachtblau = Night Blue (probably what folks call Midnight Blue)
Rotwein = Red Wine

Those are the translations, but it's hard to tell what the colors will look like. Different vendors seem to use different names for the same colors.

What does 44.80 Fr come to in dollars? How much is shipping to the USA?

I hesitate to order any of these "rare" colors, since they might turn out to be the same as the ones at Wal-Mart for less than $9. :oops:

I just ordered 3 solitaires in "limited edition" colors from Action-Lights. One of them probably has a 50-50 chance of being the same color as a light I already have. But at least they're only double the regular price.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
The limited edition colors are not the same as the standard colors, they are unique.

farmall

Enlightened
Just a bump.

If anyone needs an old school pink I found one in my desk this evening. I'd sell it if anyone is interested.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

sizzlechest

Enlightened
The most expensive i've seen was MADONNA, Ray of Light blue minimag.

It sold for $250 range!

Whatever floats your boat I guess........

Bubbajoe- PM has been sent.

Last edited:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an X-Files Maglite. I don't remember what I paid for it, but it was higher than the average logo light. X-Files collectors are as dedicated as we are and I suspect that's who I was bidding against. Any of the Maglites with crossover appeal to another group of obsessive collectors prices higher.

I have serious envy on that Enron light, will! :drool:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are still bargains to be had out there. I got my Ferrari light for under $30 shipped after seeing at least a half dozen sell for close to or over $100. I'm pretty sure in those cases the competition were Ferrari owners and/or collectors and I just snuck in when none of them was looking. I was starting to give up hope when I stumbled onto it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts