AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

fastbarry

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
Hi Patric,
I live in New Zealand and have the maglite addiction too. I buy regularly off ebay and sometimes direct from non ebay businesses. I get the items sent to a freight reshipping service that then sends them to me. I can get a few items there over a month or so and then get them all sent in one parcel.
There are a few places offering this service. Some are very expensive. The one I use is very reasonable and does a good job. Things have got very busy for this man lately and they are not actively seeking new customers but if you approached him directly I am sure he would be cooperative.
If you buy from ebay you will have to open a paypal account to pay for the goods you buy. My man also accepts paypal for his services.
I have purchased the Americana set from zbattery and had it delivered to my reshipper with no problems. Once it arrived I thought it was okay but if I lost it I would probably not replace it. The graphics are kind of stuck on the maglite.
Private message me if you want his details.

Regards
Barry

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time for a few pictures

There are 4 different Flag lights
DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

and a chrome - not a standard from Maglite
DSC_0038.jpg

S

surfsmurf

Newly Enlightened
Bought this at a Fry's in 1999, thought it was hilarious :grin2:. (yes, I am a software developer).

I guess it was sold just for a short while, does anyone know? Came in a blister pack.
/Tommy

IMG_20110725_200059.jpg

fastbarry

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
Gee it has been quiet here lately.

Re Will's 4 different Flaglites a few posts above.

I have a small number available of the 3rd item down. The USA Flaglite with America's Choice on it.
If anyone is keen on one I would be open to offers of swaps or perhaps selling if you have nothing of interest.

Thanks Will for the Bronze. It looks good in my collection.

fastbarry

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
A recent arrival at top

Racing, 2 versions by fastbarry, on Flickr

I have never seen the racing version with the car before. Has anyone else got one?

The standard version came with the special Presentation box and the cardboard sleeve.

Due to many sellers not wanting to send internationally I get my eBay purchases to a contact in the USA and get them consolidated into a combined shipping package. The time delay between purchase and receiving the items can be quite long.

fastbarry

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
I started collecting seriously in November 2010. Just two of my mini mags have been purchased locally here in New Zealand. They were a very rich coloured Gold and a Jade which I am sure is really Teal.
Two lights from Hong Kong found on eBay were advertised as Golden and Orange. I think they are Copper and Burnt Orange. One Pale Gold advertised as Yellow came from China I think. My pink came from RC Machines in Germany. Tritiumtime, zbattery and Gadzooks in the USA have been a good source also. Three lights from 2 CPF members, Thanks guys, you know who you are. And a lot from eBay.

If you click the link in my post above Wills that says "fastbarry" it will take you to my page on Flickr. Then click the title that says "fastbarry's photostream". You will see all my pics posted so far. On some of them I have made comments that contain additional information on suppliers.

frogger42

frogger42

Newly Enlightened
I never had any idea there were so many variation of a minimag or how cool looking they could be. Now, I really want to go find some of the flame ones.

fastbarry

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
It is so quiet here lately. I check in most days. Has anyone had any rare finds?
If not could someone sell their collection, preferably containing the following.
Jade, Weinrot, Brown, Anthracite, the green LED colour whatever it is and the weird blue found in Mexico a while ago.
Nascar lights would do as a substitute if you have none of the above. Rusty Wallace, Dale Jarrett, Kyle Petty or Dale Earnhardt Sr.
Plain and unknurled colours are also desired.
The withdrawal symptoms are bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Frogger, look out on Ebay for flamed maglites from flamehead55. He lists things reasonably often.

Miles_PerHour

Miles_PerHour

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
Ive been looking around but havent been able to find an answer to my question. im not shure if this is the right plase to ask but here it is.

I have two maglite solitairs one of which has what looks like a serial mumber at the base by the tailcapand, the number is T09/3264 but the other doesnt. did they put serials on older ones or is this somethink different.

thanks,
Miles.

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two maglite solitairs one of which has what looks like a serial mumber at the base by the tailcapand, the number is T09/3264 but the other doesnt. did they put serials on older ones or is this somethink different.

thanks,
Miles.

I have a few Solitares in my collection. I do not recall seeing any serial numbers on any of them. Can you take a picture of it and post it?

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not seen any with a number like that. Maybe someone else can comment on the numbers

kbark

kbark

Newly Enlightened
It is so quiet here lately. I check in most days. Has anyone had any rare finds?

I found 2 combo packs in ORANGE at my local Walmart. I don't know how rare they are but they are discontinued it appears.

sizzlechest

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Merrimac NICE! Amazing collection! The solitaire collection and 2AAA collections are beautiful as well. Nice work for sure!!!!!!

Fastberry - you have a PM

Last edited:
M

merrimac

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Sizzlechest, it took a few years to put together.........I'm sure i missing some..........

fastbarry

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
Gee Merrimac your collection is outstanding. I really like the old see through packaging with the graphics. Is there a story behind the 4AA maglite? I would like to hear it.

Sizzlechest - thanks for the PM. I have replied.

fastbarry

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
I have been meaning to post this for a while but the first pics I took were not so great. These are a little better. The light is black and silver with blue highlights. The global graphics show the USA at the head and the Western half of Australia at the tailcap end. The inscriptions are "2000" at the head end and "MAG 2000" at the Australia end.
I purchased this on ebay and was thrilled to win it.

Millenium Maglite or Y2K by fastbarry, on Flickr

Y2K close up by fastbarry, on Flickr

Y2K tailcap end closeup by fastbarry, on Flickr