AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

sizzlechest

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Sort of like Anthrazit from the swiss seller. The part #'s don't match up with anything on Turbo dogs listing. All are VERY old with ontario bezel I'd say from 1985 or 1986. The 1st color choices offered in minimags perhaps?

mcc-1 / Brass / 103-003-34 (anthrazit type color)

mmcc - 2 / camo / 103-000-086 - rolled ontario bezel and variation from current camo.

mcc03 / bronze / 103-000-044 (braun color from swiss seller?)

mcc04 / green / 103-000-049 (slight color variation, lighter than dark/hunter green)

mcc05 / grey / 103-000-054 - never seen before!

Sorry....I'll get some photos up as well.

Last edited:
W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are the colors I have

3.jpg

sizzlechest

sizzlechest

Enlightened
mhp9y.jpg

11rrc3n.jpg

2hrj2uo.jpg

For color reference:
Bronze color matches "braun" from the original swiss seller. If you look back at early threads on this forum I have always considered this bronze/braun color to be the most rare and difficult light to find in the collection.
Brass color closely matches "anthrasit" from the original swiss seller.
Grey color is nothing I've seen before.
ftfyqc.jpg

From left : Grey, Silver, Pewter, Charcoal
The other 2 colors that I got were light blue and original light pink. (again, the same as offered some years ago by the swiss seller)
I have an extra bronze/braun color and an extra brass/anthrasit color. To be fair these will auction on ebay shortly.

Last edited:
B

Boudreaux

Newly Enlightened
Sizzle,
Do you have a particular supplier for these that you could share?
Also, a heads up when you are going to post your extras on ebay!

sizzlechest

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Sizzle,
Do you have a particular supplier for these that you could share?
Also, a heads up when you are going to post your extras on ebay!

A random find on ebay. Trouble with these type of purchases (like my crap photos attempting to show what these look like) is that you don't know what you'll end up with until they arrive and view with your own eyes.

Last edited:
sizzlechest

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Were the 1st minimags black or is this the 1st color they produced:

2rpwefm.jpg

Rolled bezel style with white lettering. Based on the part #s and colors not matching up with anything we've seen before.......?

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
The earliest Mini-Maglites I remember were black. That is not based on anything other than my memory.

M

merrimac

Newly Enlightened
like wise, black was first and gold anno was the first color i found, both have the small hole i tail cap for spare bulb, no sleave for protection

Jeritall

Jeritall

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure it was black. That's the only MM color I'm positive about. This is not a hobby for the color blind, like I am. The red tones give me problems, so the brownish tones all look kind of gray to me. Someone please label the ones in the picture for me, (I wasn't smart enough to keep the product labels or boxes.

brns.jpg

I know the first one is anthrazit, ( it's got swiss dealers label still on it). The last two are gold ano, and gold. Which ones are the brass, bronze, brown, braun, and maybe copper" JER

Last edited:
sunspot

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
My latest finds. Marlboro regular and menthol, NASCAR Victory and a John Deere.
004.jpg

People may have noticed my absence from the board. It’s been a very hard time for my family and me. Deaths, injuries and illness. The past 12 months have been difficult.

B

Boudreaux

Newly Enlightened
DOES ANYONE HAVE A LISTING OF THE MINI-MAGLITES (2AA) IN THE NASCAR SIGNATURE SERIES (DRIVERS,) SPECTRUM SERIES, SELECT SERIES, VICTORY SERIES AND MAGLITE RACING?

ALSO, ARE THE 3D AND SOLI SERIES THE SAME AS THE 2AA?

:confused:

sunspot

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
DOES ANYONE HAVE A LISTING OF THE MINI-MAGLITES (2AA) IN THE NASCAR SIGNATURE SERIES (DRIVERS,) SPECTRUM SERIES, SELECT SERIES, VICTORY SERIES AND MAGLITE RACING?

ALSO, ARE THE 3D AND SOLI SERIES THE SAME AS THE 2AA? No, the soli's are available in some unique colors.

:confused:

SPECTRUM SERIES, SELECT SERIES, VICTORY SERIES AND MAGLITE RACING? I believe that the 4 mentioned is all the non-driver NASCAR issued.

Does this help?

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
SPECTRUM SERIES, SELECT SERIES, VICTORY SERIES AND MAGLITE RACING? I believe that the 4 mentioned is all the non-driver NASCAR issued.

Does this help?

Those are the 4 that I have. I did not go after the driver series..

There are a few colors on the Solitaires that are not available in other sizes. These are not NASCAR, just plain Solitaires. Amber, yellow, rose, kelly green to name a few.

B

Boudreaux

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Will

Thanks, Dana and welcome back!

I am attempting to make a list of all the different Maglite "AA" Nascar editions that I currently have. I have the standard four plus 12+/- drivers, but have no idea as to how many drivers' editions there are. After posting, perhaps others will be able to tell me of any others they have, in order to complete the list.

souptree

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome back, Dana. I am sorry for your losses and hardships.

These are the NASCAR lights I have come across. I only collect AAs and Solis, so I don't know about D cell lights. I have all of these with the exception of the no print NASCAR Spectrum and the knurled Bill Elliot. If anyone has one of those two that can be passed along, I will be extremely grateful! I would also appreciate being told if anyone knows of any I am missing from the list.

I really like the NASCAR lights and I am glad I decided to collect them. I think it would be quite challenging to put this set together today.

AA:

Maglite Racing (BW+ red logo)
NASCAR Victory (BW + red logo)
NASCAR Select (Silver + color logo)
NASCAR Spectrum
NASCAR Spectrum no print
Red NASCAR Signature 24 Jeff Gordon / Dupont
Red NASCAR Signature 45 Kyle Petty / Sprint
Red NASCAR Signature 94 Bill Elliot / McDonalds
Red NASCAR Signature 94 Bill Elliot (knurled)
Red NASCAR Signature 8 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Orange NASCAR Signature 20 Tony Stewart
Green NASCAR Signature 5 Terry Labonte
Green NASCAR Signature 18 Bobby Labonte
Blue NASCAR Signature 3 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Blue NASCAR Signature 31 Mike Skinner
Blue NASCAR Signature 6 Mark Martin
Blue NASCAR Signature 6 Mark Martin / Valvoline
Blue NASCAR Signature 24 Jeff Gordon / Pepsi
Blue NASCAR Signature 43 John Andretti / Petty Racing
Blue NASCAR Signature 45 Kyle Petty / Petty Racing
Blue NASCAR Signature 99 Jeff Burton Citgo / Supergard Racing
Dk. Blue NASCAR Signature 2 Rusty Wallace
Dk. Blue NASCAR Signature 88 Dale Jarrett
Fuschia NASCAR Signature 99 Jeff Burton
Black NASCAR Signature Ricky Rudd
Black NASCAR Signature 3 Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Solitaires:

NASCAR Victory (BW + red logo)
Maglite Racing (BW+ red logo)
NASCAR Spectrum
NASCAR Signature 8 Red Dale Earnhardt Jr.
NASCAR Signature 24 Red Jeff Gordon / Dupont
NASCAR Signature 20 Orange Tony Stewart
NASCAR Signature 18 Green Bobby Labonte
NASCAR Signature 3 Blue Dale Earnhardt Jr.
NASCAR Signature 31 Blue Mike Skinner
NASCAR Signature 2 Blue Rusty Wallace
NASCAR Signature 88 Dk. Blue Dale Jarrett
NASCAR Signature 3 Black Dale Earnhardt

B

Boudreaux

Newly Enlightened
Souptree, thanks for your help!

I haven't had a chance to check all my Nascar "AA" against your list. However, the two you don't have, neither do I.

I did not collect the solitaires, just wound up with several that were parts of package deals. In the solis, I have one that was not on your list

Jeff Gordon/Pepsi #24 Blue XXXXXX **

If you would like to have this Soli, PM your address, I'll get them in the mail this week.

Anyone else needing these soli, PM your address:

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. #3 Blue K3AFU2 *

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. #8 Red XXXXXX ***

This will get these solis good homes where they will be displayed. I just don't have room for the solis. I am keeping only those solitaires, that I do currently have on display.

These are "FREE" to good homes! Of course, Souptree has right of first refusal. If you are interested, PM the one(s) that you want along with your Name, CPF Name, and mailing address.

* Sleeve Poor Condition
** Sleeve Missing -- No Model #
*** Mint Condition -- unopened in clamshell packaging -- Model # obscured by sticker

P.S.--- Today is 05-01-2012.... Originally posted 04-15-2012... I never imagined it would take so long

nor be such trouble to GIVE AWAY FREE FLASHLIGHTS, POSTAGE INCLUDED here on CPF !

Last edited: