AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

GasganoFJ60

Newly Enlightened
This thread is bad for me. I already collect enough things, on top of I have a few 2AAs already....makes me want to start another collection.
Must. Control. Self.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My collection consists of pewter.
I have at least 1 of each model from the 2D model, smaller in pewter.
Bought an LED AA this year and it was exactly the same color as the incan I bought years and years ago.

The mini mag AA collection consists of several pewter incan and LED. And recently I bought 1 of each to stash in a safe place to be left in the package(s).

My first mini mag AA (an old incan) doesn't have a serial # on the barrel.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Here's my Mag collection, including MiniMags:

All are original incandescent except where noted as LED.

Maglite 2xAAA, silver
Maglite 2xAAA, dark green
Maglite 3xAAA, gold tone anodized
Maglite 2xAA, gold tone anodized
Maglite 2xAA, rare gold plate over brass, limited edition (4)
Maglite 2xAA, purple (2)
Maglite 2xAA, teal, old bezel
Maglite 2xAA, teal, new style bezel
Maglite 2xAA, rare light teal
Maglite 2xAA, fuchsia or hot pink
Maglite 2xAA, rare light pink (2)
Maglite 2xAA, dark green
Maglite 2xAA, jade green, old bezel
Maglite 2xAA, jade green, new style bezel
Maglite 2xAA, blue (2)
Maglite 2xAA, rare shimmer blue
Maglite 2xAA, rare copper color, old bezel
Maglite 2xAA, rare copper color, new style bezel
Maglite 2xAA, red (2)
Maglite 2xAA, dark red
Maglite 2xAA, dark red/wine red/weinrot, 1980s Ontario bezel, top 3 rarest Maglites
Maglite 2xAA, rare light orange, new bezel
Maglite 2xAA, rare dark orange
Maglite 2xAA, rare dark orange, smooth, no knurling, "Cingular" logo
Maglite 2xAA, gunmetal gray
Maglite 2xAA, silver
Maglite 2xAA, rare charcoal
Maglite 2xAA, pewter
Maglite 2xAA, rare bronze (2)
Maglite 2xAA, black & white racing flag design
Maglite 2xAA, red, white, & blue American flag
Maglite 2xAA, red, silver, & blue American flag variation (2)
Maglite 2xAA, rare bead blasted finish, Ferrari logo
Maglite 2xAA, woodland camo (2)
Maglite 2xAA, woodland camo, LED version
Maglite 2xAA, universal camo pattern
Maglite 2xAA, camo, 1980's Ontario bezel, 1st camo ever made, top 3 rarest Maglites
Maglite 2xAA, w/Nitecore LED conversion, black (2)
Maglite 2xAA, rare brass
Maglite 2xAA, brass, 1980's Ontario bezel, "ROLLED BEZEL" inscription w/white paint filled lettering, 1st & oldest Maglite?, extremely rare
Maglite 2xC, black (2)
Maglite 2xD, red, LED modded by vesture_of_blood
Maglite 2xD, green, LED modded by vesture_of_blood
Maglite 2xD, blue, LED modded by vesture_of_blood
Maglite 2xD, purple
Maglite 3xD, rare Spectrum series (rainbow pattern) (5)
Maglite 3xD, rare jade green color (3)
Maglite 3xD, dark green
Maglite 3xD, brass, very rare
Maglite 3xD, bronze, very rare
Maglite 3xD, gray
Maglite 3xD, blue
Maglite 3xD, red
Maglite 3xD, silver
Maglite 3xD, NASCAR racing flag model
Maglite 3xD, NASCAR label model
Maglite 4xD, red
Maglite 4xD, blue
Maglite 6xC, black

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I haven't gotten the Mag family together for a photo yet, but was actually thinking about it since I have some rare AA's. I'll see about doing one. In the meantime, I might have a quickie I could do.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Here's a quick and easy one showing my gold minimags: 3 gold plate over brass models from the mid-80s, and 2 more recent gold plate over aluminum machined models from Modamag. Note this photo doesn't show the 2 "gold tone" ones I have which are not actually gold.

Last edited:

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
In the true spirit of CPF and excessive flashlight collecting I'd like to present:
The Wall O' Maglites:

qy61ll.jpg

9izcw0.jpg

1128o07.jpg

2rdu2i8.jpg

I guess we're all just a little bit wack-o in some sick sort of way .... :duh2:

SQQDZOx.jpg

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
Well, ok Maglite is my main flashlight up until I found this forum. I have several Fenix and a few others on the way this next week.

I'll have to get some pictures, but mainly I have like:

(1) 3 D cell Maglite
(1) 2 D cell Maglite
(5) Mini Maglites
(5) Solitaire Maglites

All of them are incandescent .... so pretty dull

I also have (2) Pelican 1920 AA lights.... I think they are 120 and 12 lumens or something like that!

I can't wait until the Fenix show up. I got a few E01s, E05 E12, PD 35TAC and five E20 shakers .... (they were blowing them out for $27 each).
Then I bought a few cheap Chinese DX store special .... I don't know if they will work or not, but they seemed like a good deal.

I'll post pics of everything when I get them all together! This place instantly turned me into a Flashaholic :mad:

sizzlechest

Enlightened
I bought a dark (weinrot?) red from someone in California and was shipped to me. I was super excited to get this as it is really hard to find color variations over the internet. Anyway I knew it was 1980's NOS from the photos of the bezel so I took a chance. I was thrilled when I opened it up until I turned it over only to find out it had a company logo on it!......might have been good information to know before I spent $40 on it......

Happy hunting!

turbodog

Flashaholic
I've got a weinrot and 2 hot pinks I will let go of. Bought the weinrot from someone here several years ago. It's a perfect match to one I got from germany.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks to member Poppy my oldest mini mag is back in service due to a broken switch now being replaced.
He posted a video showing how to disassemble the switch and hooked me up with one from a body that was trashed by a leaker.

^^ the one at the top is back in action.

There was a black bezel in the envelope as well with the 'old' style cat on it that went on the silver n black nite-ize'd incan.
And from same head a better lens went on the TerraLUX'd black n silver light.
The bulb from a tailcap in the package went into the silver light.

Thanks Poppy

^^ aaaaand the total incan family
Two on the left and one on the far right are still incan'd.

I have a few LED versions in varying brightness levels scattered about. But these are my favorites.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I've got a weinrot and 2 hot pinks I will let go of. Bought the weinrot from someone here several years ago. It's a perfect match to one I got from germany.

I only just saw this. If they're still available I'm interested. I just PM'd you.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Greetings,

Just received this new light. It was listed as "light purple" so thought I'd give it a try.

2ur5zl4.jpg

Yes, it has a logo it is indeed a light purple / color variation. If you don't already own a light purple this one could be compared to the Salem Cigarette jade/teal green light or the Winston Cigarette light red color. Both of these are color variations and look great in your collection.

Happy Hunting in 2016!

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Hi Sizzle, I'd be happy to have it. As you know, I have a going collection (much to your credit) and this would be another variation.

Last edited:

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
Hi Sizzlechest,
It is getting hard to find new lights. The light purple would be a great addition to my collection.
My collection is 70 strong and I still check eBay most days for anything interesting.

I have some special jaw pliers that would not mark the end cap and I will attempt to undo it and restore it to operational condition. I have all the spare parts for these lights and enjoy getting them going again.

Thank you for considering me in your decision on who gets it. If successful my delivery address would be in California.

Thanks
Barry

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Hi Sizzlechest,
It is getting hard to find new lights. The light purple would be a great addition to my collection.
My collection is 70 strong and I still check eBay most days for anything interesting.

I have some special jaw pliers that would not mark the end cap and I will attempt to undo it and restore it to operational condition. I have all the spare parts for these lights and enjoy getting them going again.

Thank you for considering me in your decision on who gets it. If successful my delivery address would be in California.

Thanks
Barry

Impressive. Is that 70 AA lights only?

I was more active on eBay about a year ago buying the occasional rare light. We might have been competing on some of those. :)

Last edited:

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
Impressive. Is that 70 AA lights only?

I was more active on eBay about a year ago buying the occasional rare light. We might have been competing on some of those. :)

I have not purchased much in the last year or more. Most recent was a signature light "John Andretti 43 Petty Enterprises". I asked if anyone had seen one of these in post 755 a few years ago.
I have about 65 AA mini maglites in total. This includes 15 Nascar Signature lights and a few other odd ones like the Marlboro Lizard lights and Flaglites.
Speaking of flaglites I have a few variations of them with different wording. Somewhere there is a post about it but only one person contacted me to get one. I have not counted these double ups in my total.

Dana or Sunspot has at least one Signature light "Richard Petty 43" that I do not have.