AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Was going to bid on that auction and FORGOT! Never seen anything like it. Very nice addition to the collection!

I have been meaning to post this for a while but the first pics I took were not so great. These are a little better. The light is black and silver with blue highlights. The global graphics show the USA at the head and the Western half of Australia at the tailcap end. The inscriptions are "2000" at the head end and "MAG 2000" at the Australia end.
I purchased this on ebay and was thrilled to win it.

Millenium Maglite or Y2K by fastbarry, on Flickr

Y2K close up by fastbarry, on Flickr

Y2K tailcap end closeup by fastbarry, on Flickr

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
First I need to say I have a mild case of color blindness, a slight red green deficiency according to the person that tested me. It does not cause me any problems in normal day to day stuff. Traffic lights are definitely red or green unless they are amber and I can tell the difference.
However I have to say these maglite colors drive me crazy. Just this week the one I am calling jade arrived. It was advertised on ebay as Lt Teal and had a pic of the carton label to prove it. The model was given as M2A33L. The part number as 104-000-292. If you are quick the auction number was 300590976301 and the link is
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...0590976301&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT
You can see for yourself.

Anyway to complicate things the one I call Teal was purchased here in New Zealand from a retail store as Jade but they did not have any more to compare with. There was no case or packaging at all. A display model. I got it for half price which would be the equivalent of about $20 USD. I had to laugh when I got home with my prize and it was missing the lens and the spare bulb.

If anyone has an opinion on the correctness of these colors you could post here or if you are shy PM me.

Dark Green at the top

Greens; Dark,Lime,Jade,Teal by fastbarry, on Flickr

Dark Green at the bottom.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Yes, some of the colors can be tough to identify, however it looks like you have the 4 different & very distinct shades of green.....good job!
First I need to say I have a mild case of color blindness, a slight red green deficiency according to the person that tested me. It does not cause me any problems in normal day to day stuff. Traffic lights are definitely red or green unless they are amber and I can tell the difference.
However I have to say these maglite colors drive me crazy. Just this week the one I am calling jade arrived. It was advertised on ebay as Lt Teal and had a pic of the carton label to prove it. The model was given as M2A33L. The part number as 104-000-292. If you are quick the auction number was 300590976301 and the link is
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...0590976301&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT
You can see for yourself.

Anyway to complicate things the one I call Teal was purchased here in New Zealand from a retail store as Jade but they did not have any more to compare with. There was no case or packaging at all. A display model. I got it for half price which would be the equivalent of about $20 USD. I had to laugh when I got home with my prize and it was missing the lens and the spare bulb.

If anyone has an opinion on the correctness of these colors you could post here or if you are shy PM me.

Dark Green at the top

Dark Green at the bottom.

Elio

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am new to this forum and would just like to say that there are some excellent collections going on out there.

My addiction started in May this year and I'm now up to 46 Mini Mags but only a couple of these are the hard to come by ones.

Fastbarry, in my opinion as novice, I would have say that your original Maglite is the true colour Jade. My reasoning for this is that I have recently purchased a 4D in Jade and I also won a Teal (same as yours) sold by Liteguy10 a couple of weeks ago. Comparing my 4D to your pictures, other pictures on the web and my Teal Mini Mag, it looks more like the first one you had in your collection.

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
Hi Elio, Welcome to CPF and thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds like I could be wrong if your 4D Jade is similar to the light at the bottom of the top pic. I did think Teal could be a bit blue though.

46 lights in 5 months is pretty frantic buying.

Sizzlechest I will take the three we discussed. Did you get my pm?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
There must be something new to post here...

Way to quiet...

Flipside

Enlightened
There must be something new to post here...

Way to quiet...

Okay... I'll bite!

Just picked up a "MAG" marked Flag Light to add to the stable... Been poking around for a while to find one, and finally won the lottery!

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

there are 4 different Flag Mini-Mags....

Flipside

Enlightened
Found the one on the top in the photos you posted... Nice shots by the way!

J D

Newly Enlightened
These are some beautiful collections. I love the wood displays.

esrevenge

Newly Enlightened
May I please ask a question, as I am kind of new here...

Do you guys collect these lights because you like the color or the shape / design (the colors are AWESOME), or do you often use them too? Do you still use them as flashlights?

Great collections, thanks for all the pics.

turbodog

Flashaholic
May I please ask a question, as I am kind of new here...

Do you guys collect these lights because you like the color or the shape / design (the colors are AWESOME), or do you often use them too? Do you still use them as flashlights?

Great collections, thanks for all the pics.

Not used. Used lights vary, but are not mag mfg'd.

turbodog

Flashaholic
There must be something new here -

Not often...

Doesn't look like new colors are coming out. Old ones are harder to get. Some old colors are likely gone forever.

I'd consider my collection 'done' so I'm out of the acquisition phase. Do get a lot of comments from visitors to the house about them though.

And now that mag's entered the led market, they are not going to produce a single, stable, model long enough to produce it in an array of colors. Guess they held off jumping in as long as they could. Now that they're in... it's a vicious cycle of r&d and new product releases.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
And now that mag's entered the led market, they are not going to produce a single, stable, model long enough to produce it in an array of colors.
The colours for the new Minimag Pro (if it ever gets released) is just the standard colour set now:
Black, Red, Silver, Blue, Grey, and UCP Camo

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Greetings fellow hunters!

Nothing much to report, as a matter of fact my photos aren't even showing up......image cave appears to be down or gone.....!?

I was at wallymart and they actually had a pretty good selection of colors. Light blue, green, orange (Red, black, royal, camo and silver)

Good luck and happy hunting!