AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 3

Thanks Will... So you don't think that it was a production model?

I do not know for sure. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that it was customized by an after market distributor. Maglite has a minimum number for production that they will customize.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: AA MiniMag Collection - Part 3

I'm in the middle of my minimag inventory. I've come up with 25 solid colors not counting the camo's. Still hunting fuchsia M2AEVL, ice blue m2akbn and bronze.

1pt21

Enlightened
just got the black Subaru one.

subaru-maglite.jpg

Nice Scooby collection!

I take it you drive one of those fine pieces of machinery??

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a few lights and want to know if I got scammed.

Both are knerlled. What say the forum?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a few lights and want to know if I got scammed.

Both are knerlled. What say the forum?

I have the Red and the Blue Bush AA lights. I also have a black AAA Bush Senior light. I don't collect the NASCAR lights. Scammed ? depends on how much you paid.

I paid $15 +$2 shipping for the blue Bush light from ebay.

Last edited:

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Red and the Blue Bush AA lights. I also have a black AAA Bush Senior light. I don't collect the NASCAR lights. Scammed ? depends on how much you paid.

I paid $15 +$2 shipping for the blue Bush light from ebay.

Hi Will:wave: What I mean is the blue Bush knerlled like the black Bush AAA? My red Bush is smooth. As for the NASCAR lights, this is the first one I have seen that has knerlling.
I think I paid $30 for the blue Bush.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
The black AAA and the blue AA are knurled, the red AA is smooth. I think the market is soft right now, not much collector activity going on. Although, every now and then an unusual one comes up. I picked up a Red AA Marlboro lizard and a Green AA Marlboro Lizard a couple years back. Then a silver-gray Ferrari light.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Marlboro lights. They are nice looking. I bought a Winston light awhile ago and recently picked up the Salem light. It's nicer looking than the Winston.
Let me know if you see a Fuchsia or Teal. It's odd that I have 3 light Teals (M2A33L) but no regular Teal.
Do you have the color code for Teal?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have any of the model number codes. The codes get a little weird in that a number of blister packs had mis-matched codes. Add to that variations in the anodized colors red and dark red, purple and violet. and the fact that Maglite does not seem to have a complete product list ( or at least one that is available to the public )

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what I have so far:
Jade M2AISL
Lt Teal M2A33L
Dark Green M2A39L
Lime Green M2ACZL
Copper M2AJYL
Gold M2A04L
Shimmer Blue M2AKGL
Ice Blue M2AKBL
Midnight Blue M2AFDL
Blue M2A11L
Red M2A03L
Orange M2AAUL
Old Pink M2A120
Hot Pink M2AKYL
Purple M2A09L
Charcoal M2AKDN
Black M2A01L
Gray/Pewter M2A09L
Silver M2A10L
Fuchsia M2AEVL
Digital Camo M2AMRL
Camo M2A02L

I am looking for color codes for Burnt Orange and Teal.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my list - no model numbers

Anthrasit
Black
Black (Lionel)
Black (Ontario)
Blue
Blue (Con Ed)
Blue (ENRON)
Blue Ice
Blue Light
Blue Midnight
Blue Shimmer
Braun
Bronze
Bronze equipp.com
Bronze HK
Bronze no knurl
Bush Blue Inauguration
Bush Red Inauguration
Camo
Camo Digital
Charcoal
Copper
Fuscia no knurl
Gold
Gray
Green Dark
Green Lime
Green Lime No Knurl
Jade
Lizard Marlboro Green
Lizard Marlboro Red
Maglite Flag Mag
Maglite Flag MAG Am. Choice
Maglite Flag Mag Am. Choice
Maglite Flag USA
Maglite Racing
Matte silver Ferrari
NASCAR Select
NASCAR Signature TS
NASCAR Spectrum
NASCAR Victory
Orange
Orange Dark
Pink
Pink Hot
Pink Hot - Breast Cancer
Purple
Red
Red Dark
Silver
Teal
Violet
Weinrot
zx 24K gold
zx American Set

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over 2 months since the last post here. Anything new out there ?

Anyone collecting the newer models ( LEDs )

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Hi Will,

I don't collect the newer LED models much. I have a lot of the older and/or rarer AA models already so it's been a while since I picked up anything new.

But recently I did add a 3xD purple to my more modest collection of 3xDs so I have the 3xDs in 12 different colors now. Not sure how many different ones they did.

I note that on eBay someone is offering a blue and black 3xAAA combo and as I don't have either am considering bidding on it.

Here's the list of my collection with notes on the rarities. It totals 59 different Mags, much of it rare but still dwarfed by some of the other amazing collections here. There's still a few significant holes such as the 6xD, 7xD and 7xC models. I also have a number of custom and modded Mags but I only list originals here. Sorry, no photos but maybe in the future.

Maglite 1xAAA Solitaire, gray (my one token Solitaire in case I forget my matches :))
Maglite 2xAAA, silver
Maglite 2xAAA, dark green
Maglite 3xAAA, gold tone anodized
Maglite 2xAA, gold tone anodized
Maglite 2xAA, rare gold plate over brass, limited edition (3)
Maglite 2xAA, purple (2)
Maglite 2xAA, teal, old bezel
Maglite 2xAA, teal, new style bezel
Maglite 2xAA, rare light teal
Maglite 2xAA, fuchsia or hot pink
Maglite 2xAA, rare light pink
Maglite 2xAA, dark green (2)
Maglite 2xAA, jade green, old bezel
Maglite 2xAA, jade green, new style bezel
Maglite 2xAA, blue (2)
Maglite 2xAA, rare shimmer blue
Maglite 2xAA, rare copper color, old bezel (2)
Maglite 2xAA, rare copper color, new style bezel
Maglite 2xAA, red (2)
Maglite 2xAA, dark red
Maglite 2xAA, dark red/wine red/weinrot, 1980s Ontario bezel, top 3 rarest Maglites
Maglite 2xAA, rare light orange, new bezel
Maglite 2xAA, rare dark orange, sort of reddish orange (2)
Maglite 2xAA, rare dark orange, smooth, no knurling, "Cingular" logo (2)
Maglite 2xAA, gunmetal gray
Maglite 2xAA, silver
Maglite 2xAA, rare charcoal
Maglite 2xAA, pewter
Maglite 2xAA, rare bronze (2)
Maglite 2xAA, black & white racing flag design
Maglite 2xAA, red, white, & blue American flag
Maglite 2xAA, red, silver, & blue American flag variation (2)
Maglite 2xAA, rare bead blasted finish, Ferrari logo
Maglite 2xAA, woodland camo (2)
Maglite 2xAA, woodland camo, LED version
Maglite 2xAA, universal camo pattern
Maglite 2xAA, camo, 1980's Ontario bezel, 1st camo ever made, top 3 rarest Maglites
Maglite 2xAA, w/Nitecore LED conversion, black (2)
Maglite 2xAA, rare brass
Maglite 2xAA, brass, 1980's Ontario bezel, "ROLLED BEZEL" inscription w/white paint filled lettering, 1st & oldest Maglite?, extremely rare
Maglite 2xC, black (2)
Maglite 2xD, red
Maglite 2xD, purple
Maglite 3xD, rare Spectrum series (rainbow pattern) (5)
Maglite 3xD, Nascar flag pattern, rare
Maglite 3xD, rare jade green color (3)
Maglite 3xD, dark green
Maglite 3xD, purple
Maglite 3xD, brass, very rare
Maglite 3xD, bronze, very rare
Maglite 3xD, gray (2)
Maglite 3xD, pewter
Maglite 3xD, blue
Maglite 3xD, red
Maglite 3xD, silver
Maglite 4xD, red
Maglite 4xD, blue
Maglite 6xC, black

I also sometimes collect incandescent flashlights from other manufacturers besides MagLite and have about 50 of those in my collection. To make it manageable I limit it to those with HID, Xenon, or Krypton bulbs with aluminum or metal bodies, no cheap plastic, otherwise there would be hundreds if not thousands of them. My pride and joy there is my Polarion PF40 HID CWSL (Crew Served Weapon Light) at 4000 lumens and 40 watts, which is considered an exotic.

Last edited:

Swede74

Enlightened
Very impressive collection! If I have counted them correctly, there are at least 200 flashlights in this picture. There could be a few more behind the frames of the cupboards that are not visible, plus I am not sure if the item marked with a * and an arrow is a flashlight or something else.

2rzvq13.jpg

I forgot to mention that these
2a9a03p.jpg

are my favourites.

Last edited:

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Yep, that's a pretty good count! I used to have 2 more wood displays on the far right that I took down. At that time I had 250 on display. The "locked" case on the far left is my main collection of solid color lights & main collection. The rest are specialty and exotic lights. The far right hand case is all splash anodized collection 25 of them. I'm at around 300 lights in this collection currently.

Of course people think you're nuts collecting flashlights but I have thoroughly enjoyed collecting each one of these lights. They have come from all over the world one at a time over 10 years & counting. Like Turbodog once said when I started my collection: "you can tell your friends you have a 24K gold flashlight" Haven't stopped collecting since that time. (I think I have 4 of the 24K gold ones)

Swede74

Enlightened
Yep, that's a pretty good count! I used to have 2 more wood displays on the far right that I took down. At that time I had 250 on display.

Sometimes less is more...

Of course people think you're nuts collecting flashlights but I have thoroughly enjoyed collecting each one of these lights. They have come from all over the world one at a time over 10 years & counting. Like Turbodog once said when I started my collection: "you can tell your friends you have a 24K gold flashlight" Haven't stopped collecting since that time. (I think I have 4 of the 24K gold ones)

I think non-collectors think you're nuts because at a quick glance they only see a couple of hundreds of copies of the same item. To me it's not the end result - a whole lot of flashlights - that matters, it's the journey to get there. I have never focused on any particular brand, but I too have bought most of mine one at a time over several years, and have a memory or a little anecdote (of no interest to anyone but me) attached to most of them.