AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Magellan as 1st to respond, Enjoy & glad you could add to your collection!

On another note....any one collecting solitaire/1AAA size? I know of a separate thread for 2AAA but not sure on solitaires......I don't collect but came across a nice selection of UNKNURLED lights in different & rare colors. My guess they were sales rep samples for printing industry? Never seen before and a pretty awesome find. I'd love to have these in 2AA size. :drool:

Happy Hunting!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Interesting. Solitaires are a Mag topic, despite my collecting the AA, C, and D lights, that I don't know anything about.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Greetings!

Stole this picture from earlier in this thread of CPF member KLC's collection....an AWESOME collection :drool: of maglites that includes solitaire size....can't tell if these are UNKNURLED or both?

collection7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Here is the Winston Cigarette red color variation for sale in both 2AA & solitaire:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WIN...208369?hash=item3abadde8b1:g:4MMAAOSwfZ1Waejv

(not affiliated with seller)

Happy Hunting!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Barry. Nice score on the John Andretti 43.
Let me know if you run across a Teal. Kinda odd that I have 3 "super rare" Light Teals but no "regular rare" Teal.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Are those solitaire collections unknurled or knurled style lights? Let me know.

Here's my (crappy) photo showing the light purple color. At least 3 shades of purple to hunt for folks.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Are those solitaire collections unknurled or knurled style lights? Let me know.

Here's my (crappy) photo showing the light purple color. At least 3 shades of purple to hunt for folks.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Magellan as 1st to respond, Enjoy & glad you could add to your collection!

On another note....any one collecting solitaire/1AAA size? I know of a separate thread for 2AAA but not sure on solitaires......I don't collect but came across a nice selection of UNKNURLED lights in different & rare colors. My guess they were sales rep samples for printing industry? Never seen before and a pretty awesome find. I'd love to have these in 2AA size. :drool:

Happy Hunting!

No love for the solitaire around here.
At least by most...

I have several incan (3 more red ones just arrived) and a couple led, but find them led type too bright for what I use 'em for. 2am nature call/late night movie with the wife type stuff.

2 camo aa incans scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Woohoo!

Last edited:

fastbarry

Newly Enlightened
SCORE

After a very long drought I found something worth adding to the collection. It was on eBay and I was the only bidder.
The light is a 2AA Vari-Beam with straight (axial) knurling or maybe more correctly scoring instead of the usual cross hatch pattern.
Vari-Beams are mid blue with silver end caps. Vari-Beam is on the bezel.

The seller is a bit of a legend, a chap named Don Kellar, founder of Kel lites and worked for Maglite on and off for 22 years.

I am going to try and include the pic from eBay.

s-l1600.jpg

torchsarecool

Enlightened
SCORE

After a very long drought I found something worth adding to the collection. It was on eBay and I was the only bidder.
The light is a 2AA Vari-Beam with straight (axial) knurling or maybe more correctly scoring instead of the usual cross hatch pattern.

The seller is a bit of a legend, a chap named Don Kellar, founder of Kel lites and worked for Maglite on and off for 22 years.

s-l1600.jpg

Nice find.
And good info regards kel lite. Didn't know that thanks

bykfixer

Flashaholic
SCORE

s-l1600.jpg

Great score! From the man himself too.

I have a Streamlight pocket mate on the way. And 3 twin packs of bulbs. It'll reside with a recently arrived incan key-mate.

I like to call the key-mate "the solitaire that out solitaire'd the solitaire".

Looks like that vari-beam out mini mag'd the mini mag.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I put this pic in the other thread for rare mags but I guess it belongs here to

Gold over brass. A little worse for wear

Love it.

Try some Mothers alluminum and mag wheel polish using a napkin, the wipe with a micro fiber cloth. Probably about $10 for both at your local auto parts store.
You'll be amazed how much better it looks.

You gently rub it on, use a little swirl action then let it sit a minute or so. Rub it off with a clean napkin, then buff with a t-shirt or micro fiber cloth.
Works great.

A light I used it on

Before

After

Before

After

Last edited:

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Cheers I'll have a look. Earlier in this thread someone considered taking the gold plate off and having the bare brass finish which also appeals to me

DK Demand Lab

Newly Enlightened
I had one in golden color with "Mercury Cougar 30th Year Anniversary" engraved in the Bezel.
It came with my parents' purchase of a 30th Anniversary edition of Mercury Cougar back in 1997 (beautiful car BTW/ V8, RWD, white leather seats and interiors, came with some Lincoln goodies such as rims). I used the AA mag until the mid-2000s and recently threw away due to corrosion. (My biggest mistake in 2016 so far) I wonder if this was 24K (or any gold) plated since I read on another CFP thread saying that there were some 24K plated ones back in the days. JFYI, the vehicle had gold plated pillar emblems and etc. I miss both the luxury Muscle Sedan and the AA Mag came with it. Good ol' 1990s.