AA MiniMag Collection - Part 4

04jtb

Newly Enlightened
Wow, fantastic collection! I've not worked right through the thread yet as I'm new here, but always loved an AA Mini Mag, and still use one I've had for 15+ years daily. I've just recently started to collect a few more, so may have to build something like the stand a couple of posts up, I'd certainly be interested in the dimensions if you can post them please! I'm currently on the hunt for a stamped bezel original AA Mini Mag but had no luck anywhere I've looked yet!

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up the red sti one recently....

Attachments

• PXL_20210904_154746077.jpg
    PXL_20210904_154746077.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 128

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone help me with the color of this 1984 Mini Maglite I recently acquired? It looks either brown or like a wine color?

FYHt41L.jpg

I love collecting these stamped (rolled) bezel1984 lights. Even though Maglite only made them for a year I've seen a surprising amount of finishes on them. Here are some for comparison. From top to bottom they are black, unknown (brown or wine), Zimmermann Bronze, Gold, Red.

OYDH51P.jpg

I have some other finishes too like Blue and Dark Green. A pink went for over $100 on ebay last year but it was a little too steep for me.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought this black mini new back in '84.. Unfortunately I used it, back then, for porting M/C heads and my die grinder kissed it a few times around the bezel. Who would of thought (or cared) it would end up a one year only..

Liftd, I think this black is in better shape than yours, Pm me know if you can use another.
IMG_20220228_161739383.jpg

Last edited:

turbodog

Flashaholic
Can anyone help me with the color of this 1984 Mini Maglite I recently acquired? It looks either brown or like a wine color?

View attachment 24518

I love collecting these stamped (rolled) bezel1984 lights. Even though Maglite only made them for a year I've seen a surprising amount of finishes on them. Here are some for comparison. From top to bottom they are black, unknown (brown or wine), Zimmermann Bronze, Gold, Red.

View attachment 24519

I have some other finishes too like Blue and Dark Green. A pink went for over $100 on ebay last year but it was a little too steep for me.

post #1
top pic
bottom left light

they made a brown-ish light
rare

there are 2 pinks. light and hot.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought this black mini new back in '84.. Unfortunately I used it, back then, for porting M/C heads and my die grinder kissed it a few times around the bezel. Who would of thought (or cared) it would end up a one year only..

Liftd, I think this black is in better shape than yours, Pm me know if you can use another.
View attachment 24520

Hey, thanks so much! I'd love to add a good condition 84 model to my collection. I'll shoot you a PM.

post #1
top pic
bottom left light

they made a brown-ish light
rare

there are 2 pinks. light and hot.

Thanks!! I think it is brown. Love these old lights. I always see a couple that surprise me.

bla2000

Enlightened
I recently acquired a 1st generation black mini maglite. How to you remove the spare bulb cover below the spring? Mine looks like the spare bulb is missing and I'd like to confirm that.

It also came with a holster that I'm uncertain whether it is leather. On the back the lettering is gold and the snap is silver. I'll take a photo of the light and holster soon. I looked for images online but didn't see a similar one.

Last edited: