AA MiniMag Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh? If Mag won't make an LED light then they make different color lights instead. Now that is marketing! That saves a lot on R&D. I don't think Mag has an R&D department. Maybe Mag has just one person mixing paint colors.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Ok. Just got off the phone with my contact @ mag. They say that there is no new color. The most recent colors they released were jade/copper/blue shimmer.

They went on to say that they *though* that pewter and gray are 2 different color. I looked up the part #s they gave me, and I have to disagree with this. They did say that a certain degree of anodizing variance was acceptable and that is likely where the difference has come from.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Would someone that has access to a "blue shimmer" AA MiniMag please PM me. The price I pay for living in smalltown America is the lack of diversity in retail outlets.

Jeritall

Enlightened
Turbodog: Be sure to post pictures of your new display case. I have always been curious about what Baskin Robbins "31" flavors of ice cream were. Now I'm curious about your "31" minimags. I thought there were 20 "general" released colors plus the Nascar flame and finish flags,(are you counting the drivers series?) and the gold plated one Mag did for Neiman Marcus co. years ago. Then there are the 3 lights in the Americana collection. Are your other MM lights ones that are finished with "acceptable anodizing variance"s? What am I missing?

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy and Turbodog, I'm heading off to WalMart later this afternoon. If there are any colors that I consider to be "unusual" I'll pick them up and post pictures. If they turn out to be some normal ones and no one wants them I can always return them.

-Mike

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Jeritall said:
Turbodog: Be sure to post pictures of your new display case. I have always been curious about what Baskin Robbins "31" flavors of ice cream were. Now I'm curious about your "31" minimags. I thought there were 20 "general" released colors plus the Nascar flame and finish flags,(are you counting the drivers series?) and the gold plated one Mag did for Neiman Marcus co. years ago. Then there are the 3 lights in the Americana collection. Are your other MM lights ones that are finished with "acceptable anodizing variance"s? What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you know, you can get any color you want in quantities of 10k from mag.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
Ok, here we go.

Two cases were made. Each holds 22 lights.

The material is mahogany. The corner inserts are wenge. There are hangers on the back for wall-mounting.

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

Here you get a good close-up of how the lights fit into the holders.

single1.jpg

And here is it filled with lights.

collection1.jpg

Top row (left to right): flag, bronze, regular blue, fuschia, jade, light blue, pink, real gold, midnight blue, silver, black

Bottom row (left to right): camo, nascar spectrum, dark green, shimmer blue, orange, copper, purple, pewter, red, regular gold, lime green

Second set:

collection2.jpg

Midnight blue (smooth), regular gold, lime green (smooth), orange, americana 1 2 3, regular gold, copper

I spoke with the maker about making more of these cases. He said that this was basically a favor (I still paid him) to me for being a good customer through the years. If he was to make more, 10 sets (20 total ones) would be a minimum amount.

Jeritall

Enlightened
TURBODOG...Thats impressive! Congratulations. Do you still have something left to give your wife for Christmas?
(P.S..Does it snow in Mississippi?)

turbodog

Flashaholic
I paid for this about a year ago. Wife's getting some pottery and a red coat.

Snow..... about once every 6 years. We get about 1/2 inch and it doesn't stick.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oops.gif... looks like I'm missing the 'shimmer' blue... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
BTW nice case turbodog! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Turbodog.....I use two or three white led lights as a light source for my pictures.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Here's some better pictures.

Same layout as before.

And I have managed to mount them on the wall (in the den!).

collection%20w1.jpg

collection%20w2.jpg

collection%20w3.jpg

cooler_exp

Newly Enlightened
just came from walmart,bought a new addition,ice blue aa mini maglite,not the shimmer blue either, but lighter and it says ice blue on the back,better make room on that display case for one more.

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
cooler_exp said:
just came from walmart,bought a new addition,ice blue aa mini maglite,not the shimmer blue either, but lighter and it says ice blue on the back,better make room on that display case for one more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple of things:

1. look on the back and give me the code, it will be something like "m2axxx".

2. buy one for me and ship it to me

Status
Not open for further replies.