AAA based lights

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need several AAA based lights for gifts. Lumens or tint don't make a huge difference I suppose.

They have to run well on Eneloops AAA cells.

Ideally around $10-12 each. Maybe 2xAAA models for most lumens or 3xAAA.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK GearBest is still selling the BLF 348 single AAA light with the Nichea emitter for around $10. For a few dollars less you can get its CREE cousin as well. If you watch for coupons here or on BLF you can usually find the Lumintop Tool for around the same price.

For 2xAAA the Lumintop IYP365 is a nice and classy penlight style light. Lumintop also sells the Worm, which is a single AAA keychain light that is available in several colors.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Home Depot has coast 1aaa's in twin packs for $10.
Twisty on from the tailcap and they are about the size of a 1aa.
I gotta warn ya the domed lens causes a blue ring around the beam but the non flashaholic will be amazed at the throw.
Easily lights up objects at 50'. Looks like a spotlight.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Here ya go...

Versus a Solitaire LED.
All plastic body with a removeable clip. The twisty tailcap is great for pocket carry and signaling.

But the beam... tell us about the beam...

Solitaire focused to spot about 35' from the door.
Pic was cropped.

The Coast, same distance.

Here's why...

What's old is new again... WW1 issued lights

The incan of long ago resulted in a white ring.

I took the lens out and it makes a real fine mule with about 25 blumens.
2 for $10 with copper top batteries...

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It looks a lot less like a freak of nature in real life...
But not by much. lol

Just tell 'em it's secret technology traded to us by the Russians in exchange for Hillary Clintons email password or something...
Right now about 50% of Americans would actually believe that. lol.

Nah, really check 'em out. I disassembled the bezel and it appears with some imagination these things could be tweaked for a brighter output and better tint.

An actual end user servicable $5 flashlight.

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
God bless your buns jabe1. E01 is the ONLY light that GOD designed from start to finish and it's the bees knees. Get a bunch, give the bunch away, and revel in the happiness you have brought to the masses. Fenix E01.....it's the tastiest.
If you just want something basic that will last them forever, get Fenix e01s. Nothing special, but deemed the cockroach of flashlights.

Jimnev

Newly Enlightened
I have to say I'm in love with my Olight I3E's (plural) I was so impressed I now have one on all 3 motorcycle keyrings and all 3 of the four wheeled vehicles. Tuff little light, AAA, affordable and the best thing - BRIGHT! A great little light for the money

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite Ti3 are pretty nice at around 15$, -if a battery efficient moonlight mode first is appreciated.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
If you just want something basic that will last them forever, get Fenix e01s. Nothing special, but deemed the cockroach of flashlights.

My Fenix E01, attached to my Victorinox Executive, has been living in my right-front-pocket for many many years now. The Fenix E01 is the best light to fire on a single AAA cell that other single celled AAA lights can not use. Years ago, I did a test on the lowest voltage cell in which the E01 could fire, but I forget the number. It was/is the best light in this area. That why I keep it on my person.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
To this day I still go back and read your early E01 posts Nascar. :twothumbs I love my E01s more than ever now. Love the simplicity and reliability. QUOTE=this_is_nascar;5047444]My Fenix E01, attached to my Victorinox Executive, has been living in my right-front-pocket for many many years now. The Fenix E01 is the best light to fire on a single AAA cell that other single celled AAA lights can not use. Years ago, I did a test on the lowest voltage cell in which the E01 could fire, but I forget the number. It was/is the best light in this area. That why I keep it on my person.[/QUOTE]

dgbrookman

Newly Enlightened
People here love their E01's but I find the typical reaction from a non-flashoholic is "why would anyone want such a dim little light with that ugly purple beam?" So if you're giving them to non-flashoholics there may be better choices.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
To this day I still go back and read your early E01 posts Nascar. :twothumbs I love my E01s more than ever now. Love the simplicity and reliability. QUOTE=this_is_nascar;5047444]My Fenix E01, attached to my Victorinox Executive, has been living in my right-front-pocket for many many years now. The Fenix E01 is the best light to fire on a single AAA cell that other single celled AAA lights can not use. Years ago, I did a test on the lowest voltage cell in which the E01 could fire, but I forget the number. It was/is the best light in this area. That why I keep it on my person.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Glad to hear this.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
People here love their E01's but I find the typical reaction from a non-flashoholic is "why would anyone want such a dim little light with that ugly purple beam?" So if you're giving them to non-flashoholics there may be better choices.

Depends on your intent. Like I said, you won't find any other AAA light on the market that will fire with so little voltage. The Arc was the closest competitor. This matters in an emergency or survival situation. In addition all of the multi level lights use battery, even while off.