AAA Lights; Post your favorites

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I figured out how to keep the top of my Lumintop EDC01 from falling off in my pocket...... a wrap of teflon tape did the trick.
The teflon tape trick didn't work the head fell off on my light somewhere at work seems having the diffuser cap on it helps it unscrew easier.
I don't recommend this light at all now due to this happening. I'm now thinking either the Lumintop Tool with clicky or Ultratac K18.
The Lumintop Tool AAA seems to have several versions the standard with a rubber clicky, the Titanium with a digital flush switch and the Massdrop versions in copper, brass, titanium, and aluminum in other colors with the same metal flush switch.
My budget is limited due to just being laid off for awhile so I'm thinking an aluminum version the $25 silver massdrop lumintop tool looks like it may be decent banging around my pocket of change and keys for a few years without looking ugly. The copper looks very nice but I'm not interested in copper when it tarnishes handling it leaves your hands dirty.
I'm leaning towards clicky switch AAAs since the EDC01 head flew away on me my LD01SS head only came unscrewed when I didn't screw it back on right after a battery swap.
Anyone out there have a Lumintop tool AAA in black I can get one for about $12 on Ebay I'm wondering if the clicky is too easy to come on in a pocket as I'm often squirming under sinks which can crunch the stuff in my pockets around causing all sorts of fun.
I would love to get a stainless steel or titanium one that can last me another 10 years in a pocket and not look like it was thrown into a rock tumbler yesterday after a year of use.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Preon Revo :D
18382950464_d90c897f4d_b.jpg

33452067872_4544c71a14_b.jpg

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I just noticed the Lumintop Tool Ti lights seem to be drying up there was some listing on Ebay from US based dealers and Amazon for decent prices but now only Chinese dealers on Ebay and odd sites on the internet for more. I may try and scrape up the funds for one if they get some back around the $35 price from a US dealer but I'm thinking that this could be the end of production. I contacted the dealer on Ebay I bought my Lumintop EDC AAA light from and told him about the head unscrewing and falling off and lost and he said put in for a return so I did. The listing is for a keychain light and that is exactly what I was using it for when the head was lost. I found a listing for about the same price on the Lumintop tool AAA light, I may order one of them for the time being as I don't have to worry about unscrewing the head and if it is loose I can manage to keep it on tight by some fashion as I can use the clicky to operate the light.
Anyone here has the black tool can tell me if the clicky is prone to accidental operation as I pocket the light on my keychain and work has everything scrunching there keys, coins, and light I don't need a light that turns on by accident but perhaps on an extremely rare (once in years) situation. I sure miss my LD01SS but the weight of it was massive compared to the EDC I had.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone here has the black tool can tell me if the clicky is prone to accidental operation as I pocket the light on my keychain and work has everything scrunching there keys, coins, and light I don't need a light that turns on by accident but perhaps on an extremely rare (once in years) situation. I sure miss my LD01SS but the weight of it was massive compared to the EDC I had.

I've never had my Tool AAA turn on in my pants pocket, but I don't carry it as an EDC or on a keychain. The clicky switch is pretty stiff to activate. If I do plan on pocket carry under "rough" conditions, I screw on the twisty tailcap just to be safe.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Group photo of my AAA family excluding my Olight I3E who is currently living in my car. Mutilated E01, Olight I3S, nice and purdy E01, and my latest addition a Zebralight H53c. While AAA is not the Zebras native battery, he readily accepts them without needing any sort of spacer or adapter. Pretty cool. I've already put him to work on nightstand duty and he's seen some action in headlamp mode up in my attic. Great lights.

Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I've never had my Tool AAA turn on in my pants pocket, but I don't carry it as an EDC or on a keychain. The clicky switch is pretty stiff to activate. If I do plan on pocket carry under "rough" conditions, I screw on the twisty tailcap just to be safe.

Thanks for that info, I'm awaiting a refund and if I get it I will just use that to buy a Tool AAA black (about the same price) and that gives me time to save up funds for a titanium or stainless steel light for keychain use unless I just decide to consider the Tool AAA as a semi disposable light and use it till it gets worn out then buy another one years from now to replace it.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I've also been looking at the Manker right angle AAA light..... for about $20 but that isn't on my shopping list just interesting light comes in all sorts of colors etc.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've also been looking at the Manker right angle AAA light..... for about $20 but that isn't on my shopping list just interesting light comes in all sorts of colors etc.

This light has become a constant now for me in the Watch Pocket of the Jeans!
I am pretty certain that I can not live without it.

The crazy easily programmed 22 levels of the Moonlight Mode is my favorite feature probably but it also makes the easiest HL that I have ever tried to live with I think.
The only thing I might like better for this is the almost identical AA version which has the odd looking but really sweet sliding diffuser attached all the time!
Same basic feature set,1 additional mode and also a terrific small HL!
Whats not to love?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
ct1JHBs.jpg

Both modded with a qx-e hi led. Both REALLY throwy for the size.

Burgess

Flashaholic
My favorite 1xAAA flashlight
is my recently purchased Prometheus Beta
in beautiful Solid Brass !

Nichia 219B 4500°K 92+CRI
Three brightness modes (no memory)

1 Lumen
15 Lumens
80? Lumens

Love it !

:cool: