AAA Lights; Post your favorites

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received the Sofirn SF02 2AAA a few days ago.

It has a floody beam and a very low moonlight mode. Moonlight is definitely not above the .5 lumens that is specified.

This is a good compliment to the Nitecore MT06 (not MD), which has a very intense and focused beam.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Ahhh --

Thank you for the information !
(Nichia 219 C , rather than B)

I admit I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

* UPDATE *

D'OH !

I would've KNOWN this,
had I simply put on my Reading Eyeglasses,
and read the nice Specifications Sticker
applied to the outside of the cardboard box !

Nice touch, indeed, Prometheus !

:wave:
_

Last edited:

eggsalad

Enlightened
Probably not fancy enough for this crowd, but I wear a Nitecore MT06 on a lanyard around my neck. It has all the features I want and none I don't want. Best $20 I ever spent - although it seems to sell for $25 now.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably not fancy enough for this crowd, but I wear a Nitecore MT06 on a lanyard around my neck. It has all the features I want and none I don't want. Best $20 I ever spent - although it seems to sell for $25 now.
The MT06 is no longer available, only the MT06MD.

The MT06 has been my shirt pocket light for the last several months. To bad theyyout of production.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought one of the Tool Ti's and I love it I am now in the process of trying to find a good clip for it dark sucks wont sell me a clip for it because they said don't want to support lumitop :thinking: so if any of you have a decent clip I am in the market. :grin2:
Chris

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
they said don't want to support lumitop

lol, considering that lumintop makes the Beta for darksucks

anyway
the clip from the Preon2 works great

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...uy-a-Ti-clip&p=5080401&viewfull=1#post5080401
Received my shipment of these pocket clips this afternoon, and I am quite pleased. It's almost like these were designed specifically for this light - the fit and appearance is that good. This has definitely rejuvenated my interest in this light. Thanks again to those who helped bring this to the attention of others...

X1VRvMjh.jpg

sAagBSl.jpg

M9k32Ee.jpg

pm me if you cannot figure out where to buy one, as posting where to buy links is verbotten

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
They basically manufactured the Beta for them but then released their own version of it too,not a lot to LOL about really?
I imagine that that was not what Jason had in mind when going to them to OEM the light for him.

lol, considering that lumintop makes the Beta for darksucks

anyway
the clip from the Preon2 works great

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...uy-a-Ti-clip&p=5080401&viewfull=1#post5080401

pm me if you cannot figure out where to buy one, as posting where to buy links is verbotten

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
considering that lumintop makes the Beta for darksucks

Correction: they MADE the Beta for Darksucks. Right up until they completely copied the design blatantly without even making slight changes to the design or dimensions. After that, Jason decided not to do business with them anymore and for good reason.
Just saying. Might want to do your research.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correction: they MADE the Beta for Darksucks. Right up until they completely copied the design blatantly without even making slight changes to the design or dimensions.

I understand that Lumintop made their own version, the Copper, Brass, and Stainless Worms, with a different tail than the Beta. I do not know if Jason had Lumintop build a custom Worm, or if Lumintop built a custom Beta, but even now, Jasons site clearly says the Beta is made in China, not in California, where he has his shop:

https://darksucks.com/collections/b...beta-qrv2-quick-release-keychain-flashlight-4
WNJtyDx.png

maybe the website is not accurate in that regard?
maybe the Beta is now made by Olight instead?
I do know that the website is not accurate when it lists a 219b in the brass Beta, because I asked them recently, and they told me it is actually a 219c.

The 219c is also used in the Lumintop Tool, and the Maratac..

My first High CRI light was a Copper Beta w N219a, I am forever grateful to Jason for selling it to me, in person, when I visited him at his shop, less than an hour from my home.

Later I discovered that it had PWM, and I moved on to other Lumintop copper lights, without PWM, such as the Reylight Tool, the Lumintop Tool, and the post 2015 AAA Maratacs.

My present favorite AAA is the Massdrop copper tool with electronic tail switch, with an LED swap to remove the 219c, in favor of a 219b.

I also have a group of AAA Maratacs that I like very much, also customized to 219b's of various color temperatures

clic pic to see other copper AAA pics

Last edited:

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah even I will give that a pass, but I can see how one can make that argument. It's just that the worm is an "identical" copy except for the QR mechanism. It's far beyond similar. There was no need to make it exactly the same unless they were intentionally trying to do just that.

Full disclosure, as many have surmised, Lumintop was the manufacturer of the original Betas. I showed them my carbon light during a visit, and a few months later they came out with the Prince carbon body light. While it's not a copy, I know where they got the idea :) I stopped using them because they could not maintain quality and also because they launched the Beta copy.
InvisibleFrodo is correct. They're still made in China but not by Lumintop

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
InvisibleFrodo is correct. They're still made in China but not by Lumintop

thanks, you found a good thread
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...eon-P1-MKIII&p=5269655&viewfull=1#post5269655
in which Jason of darksucks.com, aka archer6817j, shares some of his thoughts

bottom line is yes, when a flashlight maker produces a custom order, they also may choose to produce a run with their own label.. we expect this will also be true of the FW3A

after all, once a factory is tooled up to produce a custom order, they may decide to fund their own production batch

bear in mind that in that situation, the factory is funding the project, not the individual that funded the custom order

so yes, I realize people here get upset when they see a copy
its a fact of life, if you give a chinese company an order and you pay for it, they will build it
once you stop paying for them to produce the item
if they choose to put their own money into future runs, its at their risk

I agree it is good to know the genetic tree of products we buy

and I remain respectful and grateful, for people that help us have more flashlight choices

Jason did what many USA companies do, they go to Asia, for cheaper production costs

many companies do that

but this is politics, and not necessarily the topic of this thread

that Is why I continue to steer us back on topic, by posting my answer to the question
AAA Lights; Post your favorites

I have come to prefer a tail clicky to a twisty, and there is a new model on the horizon, the Lumintop IYP07,
XoRiyjR.png

which I agree shares a family DNA resemblance with the Preon

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
buy whatever you like

I dont have a hangup on only buying things made in USA
and that in itself is a can of worms, defining what "made in USA" means
Maratac for example, claims to be "manufactured in Sunnyvale"

I dont mind where something is made.. I care about the features, materials, and function, of the lights I buy, and yes, I care about price too

Burgess

Flashaholic
BTW --

I notice Fenix Store is now OUT OF STOCK
of every color of the E05 (1xAAA) flashlight !

Very Similar to what recently happened
to our Much Beloved model E01 light !

Why the Secrecy ? ? ?

Perhaps a Replacement(s)
is on the horizon ?

:thinking:
_