? about SF G2Z durability

WaltH

Enlightened
The light itself will be fine. I would worry about the longevity of the bulb though. I would advise against this.

Ratso

Enlightened
I don't know about long term effects (shorter bulb life?) but my Surefire bulbs have not been any more fragile than PR bulbs and the cheap light I keep in the side pocket with PR bulb is fine. Nitrolon also absorbs more shock and will probably be a good choice.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something with a shock-isolated bezel, like the M2 may be better for your situation.

Would also recommend keeping an LED flashlight in the car as a back up.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that the G2Z has a shock isolated bezel in it too. I would NOT HESITATE to put this light in my truck door compartment and SLAM IT on it. This in my opinion is probably one of the most durable lights that surefire has ever made.

Did any one else see what Size15 subjected his too He even busted the pyrex window and the light was still going strong on the orig. lamp

WhiteAsSnow

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure that the G2Z does not have a shock isolated bezel. However, the Nitrolon seems to absorb shock better than standard aluminum. My G2Z is awesome, btw.

Al, correct me if i'm wrong.

Joe543

Newly Enlightened
Will a G2Z withstand the shock of a Ford PU door being shut? I'm purchasing one soon and plan to keep it in the side door pocket for easy access.

Thanks!