• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

About the PD

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I'm thinking about buying a PD and I'm confused as to what LED I want. I'm sure this has been covered but the threads I see don't help me out and I can't get search to work for nothing. In simple terms can someone tell me what the difference will be between TY0H or UV1J? What's the extra $10 going to give me?

thk

Newly Enlightened
I'm not too well versed in binning but this was the information I've gathered while researching information about which LED to get in my PD. Pretty sure someone that is more knowledgable will reply but here is my two cents.

The U bin could be a tad brighter but I'm not sure it'll be noticeable to the naked eye. The biggest difference, IMHO, for the extra ten dollars is the tint. I've have plenty of lights with a bluish/colder tint and even a slightly greenish tint. What I really wanted was a warmer/soft white tint and from all posts about the UV1J indicated that it was the LED I wanted. It definitely met and exceeded my expectations.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Hi sbebenelli :wave:

Check out this thread started by Mr. McWhatsamahoozit, which discusses the differences in bin codes.

Also, this was the post-release Ti-PD thread, which discussed a lot of the different tints, although you should know that most of them are not available for the current PD line - but it does talk about the UV1J quite a bit.

Hope it helps,
john

toyopet

Newly Enlightened
I don't see a noticeable difference in brightness between those two bins. The UV1J will have a much warmer tint (most have described it as a vanilla color) than the TYOH.

If you're going to use this light mostly outside, I recommend the UV1J. If you're going to use the light indoors, I recommend the TYOH.