Absolute brightest flashlight available

llmercll

Newly Enlightened
I'm going camping and would like to have the absolute brightest flashlight currently available, with a few restrictions

has to be under $200
i have to be able to hold it and point it like a regular light, no weird stuff

thats it, thank you!

Raven18

Newly Enlightened
Maelstrom MMU-X3 fits the bill perfectly for $120. Or the Predator (as said above) or MM-X with burst mode.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The Stanley HID, $70; 3,500 lumens (brighter than a commercial aircraft landing light), spillbeam is roughly 160 degrees with the hotspot lighting objects a half mile away - cannot be used in any urban or suburban setting.

357mag1

Enlightened
Are you setup to use Li-Ion batteries? If not that would be a considerable expense that should be figured into your flashlight. At a minimum you need a $35 charger and a $10 - $15 meter to verify voltage.

If you already have Li-Ions I know where you can buy new Fenix TK75s for around $180 shipped in the USA. Another outstanding choice would be the Thrunite's TN35 for $153 at Illumination Supply while they run their President's Day sale.

If you aren't setup for some type of quality rechargeable cells you would need to stick to lights that can use CR123 cells if you want high power. To get the highest powered lights you need to either invest in Li-Ions or get a light with a built in charger.

Let us know what is more important for your use, Flood or Throw and we can make better recommendations.

mcorp

Enlightened

Lampbeam

Newly Enlightened
The FireFox IV has a 4,300K color temperature which is more suited for the outdoors. It is also brighter than the TK75's 2,900 lumens with its 6,000 lumens. Forget the Bat Signal and the Fenix, get the FireFox.

billandted

Newly Enlightened
The Stanley HID, $70; 3,500 lumens (brighter than a commercial aircraft landing light), spillbeam is roughly 160 degrees with the hotspot lighting objects a half mile away - cannot be used in any urban or suburban setting.

How would you say the Stanley HID compares to something like the TK61vn?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
How would you say the Stanley HID compares to something like the TK61vn?

LED super-throwers put almost all their lumens into the hotspot, whereas HIDs have massive flood along with the narrow hotspot. The Stanley is just a novelty though, HIDs can't be switched on/off quickly or frequently, and the sealed lead acid battery is remarkably heavy and requires some babying. It's fine if you just want a big-gun insane-output light on the cheap.

llmercll

Newly Enlightened
You can also try the Solarforce S2200. Great light with great runtimes, lumens and distance.

Yes, I was looking at that!

Solarforce S2200

or

Solarforce C2000 MT-G2 CREE 2000 Lumens carbon fibre flashlight

It says 2000 lumens. What you guys think?

I was looking at the Stanely HID

looks like it got some bad reviews. is it really 3500 lumens?

A lot of you are recommending the Firefox. Where would I get that though? Is it really 7500 lumens?

Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page
Why has my link been removed? - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It comes down to your budget; the Stanley is awesome because it absolutely delivers the big-gun experience for only ~$70, but it's so bright that you can't use it in any urban/suburban setting, so your money is going towards what is purely a novelty. But if you're just looking for the novelty, it fits the bill.

langham

Enlightened
There is only one option, the V54 Supbeam X60. More than 7000lm and over 1000m of throw. Or if you really have no budget the Nightsword from getlit.

tonkem

Enlightened
2nd the Foursevens MMU-X3, at 1600 lumens, it can be had for under $100, if you shop around, but you will need to purchase the 26650 battery and a charger if you don't already have. If money is no object, you might check out the Nitecore TM26 at 3500 lumens and very small with 4 18650's or the Lupine TL2 at 4500 lumens and even smaller, but major $. :)

If it were still available, I would suggest the Zebralight S6330 at 2700 lumens and "very small" and only 3 x 18650, but you might have some trouble finding one, since they are between production runs right now, and will not be producing a new 6330 until later this year.