• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam K75vn - Ultimate Budget Thrower R

Well, I've gotta say.... this K75vn spec 3 light is a BEAST!

To anyone who has issues with the large size:

After 50mm+ sized heads, a one handed light is a one handed light. Doesn't make hardly any difference if it's 60mm, 90mm, or 120mm, because none can be pocketed, all require a free hand to operate, and all need a dedicated storage space. Once you get into BLF GT, K65, MS18 size territory, nowwww you're talking 2 hands again. In my opinion, that is the point of which size matters after 50mm+ heads. It's literally no more challenging to wield an MT18 vs a K75. Even with the Skylumen Delta vs K75, while the Delta is obviously more comfortable in the hand, I don't see much difference by way of convenience. If I can't pocket either one, then I still gotta carry each around with me wherever I go, which is the same level of nuisance.

Anyways, the beam is phenomenal! I haven't seen it in a foggy or excessively polluted location yet, for an ultra-intense lightsaber effect, but boy can it throw a hotspot! I will say however that in having the Skylumen Delta side by side for comparison, I was shocked at how well the little guy could contend! For a moment I thought, "these aren't thaaat different...." however my comparison was merely done within 100 meters on trees, and straight up into the sky, never on distant targets, so it's hard to say.

The host itself is excellent quality and feels great in the hand. It's pleasantly lightweight for its size. I've never used the handle attachment, I really dont think I'll ever use it. It's just not necessary unless you are literally conducting search and rescue and plan to use the light for long extended periods of time. For general toying around and basic scoping, a handle would seem to be a needless distraction, forcing the need for two-handed operation.

I will say, this is my first time using driver VNX3 ramping UI, and when compared to Anduril, I find it a bit cumbersome to use. The double blink at 70% slows down the process. I wish I could set the max ramp someplace lower like 25% instead of 70, and then go straight to 100 on double click. Otherwise, I wish it would just ramp from 1-100 without any blinks or pauses. I will likely switch to discrete UI soon instead. I do wish I spent the extra 20$ for Anduril, but that's just me—likely because I've used 4 other lights with it and it is what I am used to, and what I expect when I think of ramping UI. I'll probably comment on my thoughts regarding the discrete UI later.

Im surprised how difficult it is to see the lightsaber beam effect indoors. I figured it would be easily visible just pointing it at a white wall, but I wasn't able to see the effect at any angle, any moreso than my Delta or MicroGTvn. In fact, it seemed that the effect was strongest off the MicroGTvn, or possibly the Goliath V2vn. I guess with a smaller diameter head, the light is all focused together and shows itself well. But if you space 5000 lumens out, even while they are intensely focused across a 125mm head, you can't really see it anymore. Perhaps it's because of all the overload of output on our eyes, and the background being so lit up, that majority of the surrounding darkness turns into a bright area decreasing any contrast to reveal the lightsaber effect indoors.

At a price tag of just under $400, I constantly feel chastised by others and by my own conscience, that I spent so much on a flashlight (toy). Previously, I've never spent over $160 for a single light. Paying more than double was a very difficult idea to stomach... My financial circumstances truly don't give me the freedom for a purchase like this without major consequences in other areas of my life, so this element sort of kills a good part of the joy this light otherwise gives me.

I suppose if I find a reason to use it at least once a month (even just for fun) after about 2 or 3 years, by the end, I shouldn't feel this financial regret anymore, but for the first few months, prior to getting much use out of it, it feels crazy expensive per use. I have yet to show any friends, only my immediate family has seen it. Therefore, more joy is yet to be had/shared, but you can be certain that I won't be telling anyone else how much I spent on it.

To put this in perspective, I am in my early 20s still using an iPhone 5 to save money, and the battery literally dies in one hour of use.... and i just bought an almost $400 flashlight to which I have practically zero real use for. I am an idiot. Feelsbadman.

But I wanted this for so long.... I pondered this purchase for many many nights, and didn't pull the trigger on any light in this class, waiting for "the one" for around 8 months. After that long wait, I feel a little underwhelmed by this purchase as I was expecting something mind blowing to put all my other lights to shame.

Testing is not over, and I still have many more impressions to form, but from two brief uses of 5 minutes in a residential neighborhood and in my house, these are my immediate thoughts.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

After 50mm+ sized heads, a one handed light is a one handed light. Doesn't make hardly any difference if it's 60mm, 90mm, or 120mm, because none can be pocketed, all require a free hand to operate, and all need a dedicated storage space. Once you get into BLF GT, K65, MS18 size territory, nowwww you're talking 2 hands again. In my opinion, that is the point of which size matters after 50mm+ heads. It's literally no more challenging to wield an MT18 vs a K75. Even with the Skylumen Delta vs K75, while the Delta is obviously more comfortable in the hand, I don't see much difference by way of convenience. If I can't pocket either one, then I still gotta carry each around with me wherever I go, which is the same level of nuisance.

Anyways, the beam is phenomenal! I haven't seen it in a foggy or excessively polluted location yet, for an ultra-intense lightsaber effect, but boy can it throw a hotspot! I will say however that in having the Skylumen Delta side by side for comparison, I was shocked at how well the little guy could contend! For a moment I thought, "these aren't thaaat different...." however my comparison was merely done within 100 meters on trees, and straight up into the sky, never on distant targets, so it's hard to say.

The host itself is excellent quality and feels great in the hand. It's pleasantly lightweight for its size. I've never used the handle attachment, I really dont think I'll ever use it. It's just not necessary unless you are literally conducting search and rescue and plan to use the light for long extended periods of time. For general toying around and basic scoping, a handle would seem to be a needless distraction, forcing the need for two-handed operation.

I will say, this is my first time using driver VNX3 ramping UI, and when compared to Anduril, I find it a bit cumbersome to use. The double blink at 70% slows down the process. I wish I could set the max ramp someplace lower like 25% instead of 70, and then go straight to 100 on double click. Otherwise, I wish it would just ramp from 1-100 without any blinks or pauses. I will likely switch to discrete UI soon instead. I do wish I spent the extra 20$ for Anduril, but that's just me—likely because I've used 4 other lights with it and it is what I am used to, and what I expect when I think of ramping UI. I'll probably comment on my thoughts regarding the discrete UI later.

Im surprised how difficult it is to see the lightsaber beam effect indoors. I figured it would be easily visible just pointing it at a white wall, but I wasn't able to see the effect at any angle, any moreso than my Delta or MicroGTvn. In fact, it seemed that the effect was strongest off the MicroGTvn, or possibly the Goliath V2vn. I guess with a smaller diameter head, the light is all focused together and shows itself well. But if you space 5000 lumens out, even while they are intensely focused across a 125mm head, you can't really see it anymore. Perhaps it's because of all the overload of output on our eyes, and the background being so lit up, that majority of the surrounding darkness turns into a bright area decreasing any contrast to reveal the lightsaber effect indoors.

At a price tag of just under $400, I constantly feel chastised by others and by my own conscience, that I spent so much on a flashlight (toy). Previously, I've never spent over $160 for a single light. Paying more than double was a very difficult idea to stomach... My financial circumstances truly don't give me the freedom for a purchase like this without major consequences in other areas of my life, so this element sort of kills a good part of the joy this light otherwise gives me.

I suppose if I find a reason to use it at least once a month (even just for fun) after about 2 or 3 years, by the end, I shouldn't feel this financial regret anymore, but for the first few months, prior to getting much use out of it, it feels crazy expensive per use. I have yet to show any friends, only my immediate family has seen it. Therefore, more joy is yet to be had/shared, but you can be certain that I won't be telling anyone else how much I spent on it.

To put this in perspective, I am in my early 20s still using an iPhone 5 to save money, and the battery literally dies in one hour of use.... and i just bought an almost $400 flashlight to which I have practically zero real use for. I am an idiot. Feelsbadman.

But I wanted this for so long.... I pondered this purchase for many many nights, and didn't pull the trigger on any light in this class, waiting for "the one" for around 8 months. After that long wait, I feel a little underwhelmed by this purchase as I was expecting something mind blowing to put all my other lights to shame.

Testing is not over, and I still have many more impressions to form, but from two brief uses of 5 minutes in a residential neighborhood and in my house, these are my immediate thoughts.

yea I understand.. the most expensive light I purrchased from skylumen was X65vn Scylla $2000.. I have not buy lights lately.. I am focusing on the stock market.. I bought lots of stocks every month.

Patriot

Flashaholic

What's the difference between the spec3 and spec2, just VNX3 vs Audril?

Nice thing is, being a V54 light, if you were to sell it, you'll get close to what you paid for it. Perhaps there's still something out there you'd enjoy more, like a W30?

What's the difference between the spec3 and spec2, just VNX3 vs Audril?

Nice thing is, being a V54 light, if you were to sell it, you'll get close to what you paid for it. Perhaps there's still something out there you'd enjoy more, like a W30?

Yes, the only difference is the driver, VNX3 vs Anduril.

I have no desire for a W30, dunno why it just never struck me as interesting or for me. I was never into laser pointers either.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yes, the only difference is the driver, VNX3 vs Anduril.

I have no desire for a W30, dunno why it just never struck me as interesting or for me. I was never into laser pointers either.

I see. Now that you've had some more time with the K75vn, are you finding that you use it and enjoy it? Have you taken it to any special places where you can stretch the range a bit?

I see. Now that you've had some more time with the K75vn, are you finding that you use it and enjoy it? Have you taken it to any special places where you can stretch the range a bit?

Not yet, probably going to be a month or two until I get that opportunity lol. I conveniently live near an airport so yea...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I built these TK75vn with a totally new method of Driver mounting. I actually use arctic silver to physically bond the driver to the body of the light for heat sinking. No more floating with thermal pads.Not sure why I didnt think of this long ago with other projects. Should have been a no brainier.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I built these TK75vn with a totally new method of Driver mounting. I actually use arctic silver to physically bond the driver to the body of the light for heat sinking. No more floating with thermal pads.Not sure why I didnt think of this long ago with other projects. Should have been a no brainier.

Can this same technique apply for the tn42vn90?
between the two lights, which one can withstand turbo longer?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Can this same technique apply for the tn42vn90? The 30A version of this light doesnt need it because the driver doesn't float. Its already screwed to the light body.
between the two lights, which one can withstand turbo longer?

K75vn is a MUCH bigger light compared to the TN42 so it should handle heat better.

I'm surprised this thread is so dead... I expected the best throwing reflector light would have even more buzz than the TN42vn back in the day....

I was really excited to see others impressions of this light, but by the looks of it it seems maybe less than a handful VN editions were actually sold? Did everyone just buy the stock version? Or none of them have CPF accounts?

Did everyone's budget go to the SLN?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have noticed that larger sized lights have tons of forum activity before release. When the light is released, the frenetic posting subsides drastically.

This light has great throw. Beam width is commensurate with its head diameter. Distant targets are nicely illuminated. There is much less self glare than with multi-emitter power throwers. Simply the greatest dedicated thrower. I wonder what its successor will look like.

-----------
Acebeam K75Vn Spec 1. Sept. 3, 2019, 6,300 Lumens, 2,500 Meters, 1.57Mcd. The logical successor to the TN42. More throw, and more beam width than TN42. Vinh did no performance increase, but he tightened up some stuff, and V54 engraved.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The capabilities of the K75 are certainly impressive. I think the size of the light is probably the only thing that causes it to be passed over by some.

hahoo

Enlightened

so youve got the worlds best led thrower flashlight, modded, 6000 lumens, pushing close to 2 mill cp, will light up a cell tower like a christmas tree at an honest mile, and your underwhelmed?
am i Reading this correctly??

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
New K75vn + DriverVNX2/3 Carrier design
Now works excellent with with all unprotected cells especially VTC5D.
Bit extra performance too ;-)

crN75nh.jpg

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
so youve got the worlds best led thrower flashlight, modded, 6000 lumens, pushing close to 2 mill cp, will light up a cell tower like a christmas tree at an honest mile, and your underwhelmed?
am i Reading this correctly??
For him, unless it's a 250 lumen Energizer light you buy while waiting in line at a Walmart, nothing impresses him :) always remember this.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk