• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

Busa Dave

Newly Enlightened
how do you like it at night?

We used it two different weekends and it is brutal! The tint really helps not to overload the optic nerve lol. It is so powerful that and this is the case with all lights but with this monster on high, humidity is Very evident lol. Great for lighting up the larger Open areas!!!

Patriot

Flashaholic
I just measured a claimed 3.5Mcd aspheric light at 2.85Mcd (Turn On). However I measured at 7.5m while the builder measured at 20m. There will always be variables so I guess always take it for it is. Most important thing is how the light performs to the eyes. A nice beam with the right tint usually impresses more than numbers for me.

Back when I was playing with HID's all the time, the calculated numbers were always 8-12% higher at 50m than they were at 10-20m. Reflectors over 4-5" calculated higher at 75-100m. You wouldn't think that would be possible considering atmospheric loss but it seemed to be the case most of the time. It was more work to set up binoculars and walk to and from light meters but I felt it was worth it, to get the most accurate number possible.

Patriot

Flashaholic
To Vinh or anyone who knows, does the T27vn get an output boost (over stock) when ordered with LED swap or is the output only increased with driver replacement and charging port deletion? I guess I'm just wondering what performance enhancements are available without losing the charging port. Thanks.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
To Vinh or anyone who knows, does the T27vn get an output boost (over stock) when ordered with LED swap or is the output only increased with driver replacement and charging port deletion? I guess I'm just wondering what performance enhancements are available without losing the charging port. Thanks.

No output increase.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is fantastic. Just received a oslon black version and it's a killer. The w2 version would be nice to see with the much higher lumens. It feels quite small in the hand also. Ergo is great.

Patriot

Flashaholic
This light is fantastic. Just received a oslon black version and it's a killer. The w2 version would be nice to see with the much higher lumens. It feels quite small in the hand also. Ergo is great.

For my long distance night hikes, I recently switched out my V6vn for a stock T27. I wanted it to use the same cell that was in my H30 and I wanted a little extra throw. The throw from the T27 far exceeded the "little extra" that I had been wishing for and I'm no longer struggling to identify animals and objects at the typical distances I may need to reach out and see. I kind of want/need the USB-C port to work for the overnight trips though, so I guess my T27 will be staying stock. I think it's probably the lightest option that gets me to throw and output I want and the tail switch to instant turbo, is fantastic! Recently, my friend and I watched a mountain lion from about 60 yards away, as I lit it up with the T27. At that range the big cat looked like a glowing orb, with two eyes in the middle. Only my 4th time seeing one in the wilderness!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Night hikes are a lot of fun. Only chance i get to do them is while on a camping trip. Your hikes sounds like serious stuff. Must have a eerie feeling out there....mountain lions at only 60 yards! Must be quite an adrenaline rush.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Night hikes are a lot of fun. Only chance i get to do them is while on a camping trip. Your hikes sounds like serious stuff. Must have a eerie feeling out there....mountain lions at only 60 yards! Must be quite an adrenaline rush.

It is eerie out their when I'm by myself but I enjoy the exercise of managing my mental state and the thought discipline required for different situations and staying safe. When I'm with a buddy, it's just more fun and the eerie-ness goes away. We're both using an array of good lights to see wildlife, navigate trails and find water, (you top off when you can). The night we saw the Mtn lion, we also saw two kinds of rattlesnakes, mule deer, horned owls, coyotes, a tarantula, scorpions and dozens of nighthawks/nightjars that you could walk right up on, as they would land on the trail and practically let you reach out and touch them. With their eyes reflecting back, you could see them a long distance away where the trail was straight... along with the wolf spiders, sometimes seeing their eye shine from 50-75 yards away, gleaming like little diamonds, just crazy.

I hope that you get a chance to go camping and night hiking soon!

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's just awesome! Nature and wild life along with flashlights...can't get no better haha

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
From now on I will be getting my Acebeams at retail prices. Likely Amazon or Ebay. My future prices will be higher accordingly. All my Acebeam lights will have serial removed.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
T27vn70.2 is now an option. Great focus with no artifacts.

Spec 8 Stock UI XHP70.2 6500K, 3200L, 95Kcd, 616m
Spec 9 Stock UI XHP70.2 5000K, 2700L, 80KCd, 566m
Spec 10 Sotck UI XHP70.2 4000K, 2500L, 75Kcd, 548m

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see this as an option for a excellent host, but I'm surprised with the low lumens. Its a boost driver. Can only do so much.

A 50.2 maybe a better option? Would be a trade off of lumen for throw as expected.

i have 50.2 lights that do 3500+ lumens on a single 26650. Which one?

I think you should try a 50.2 if possible... it should do close to 200 kcd and 3000 lumens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patriot

Flashaholic
T27vn70.2 is now an option. Great focus with no artifacts.

Spec 8 Stock UI XHP70.2 6500K, 3200L, 95Kcd, 616m
Spec 9 Stock UI XHP70.2 5000K, 2700L, 80KCd, 566m
Spec 10 Sotck UI XHP70.2 4000K, 2500L, 75Kcd, 548m

This option will be a tough one considering the smaller head, multi-emmiters like the D18vn, C2vn, D4Svn W2, and even the XHP50.2 TC500vn because it's such a bargain. Most of the lights mentioned are a different cell formula of course but when it comes to size and versatility, the multi-emmiters give similar or better throw and a lot more lumens. I guess the T27vn70.2 would run cooler and run longer, so a plus there.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This option will be a tough one considering the smaller head, multi-emmiters like the D18vn, C2vn, D4Svn W2, and even the XHP50.2 TC500vn because it's such a bargain. Most of the lights mentioned are a different cell formula of course but when it comes to size and versatility, the multi-emmiters give similar or better throw and a lot more lumens. Alot more heat as well LOL
I guess the T27vn70.2 would run cooler and run longer, so a plus there. All the lights you mentioned arent tactical lights so there is another different there. None of those would work on a rifle. Every light is different and fits perfectly for specific reasons and that's the beauty of it. Everything is a trade of of one thing or another. However all the lights you mentioned are amazing hahaha.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Great point about it being a true 'tactical' platform. Sometimes 335Kcd isn't necessary however, the lumens might be.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see this as an option for a excellent host, but I'm surprised with the low lumens. Its a boost driver. Can only do so much.

A 50.2 maybe a better option? Would be a trade off of lumen for throw as expected.

i have 50.2 lights that do 3500+ lumens on a single 26650. Which one?

I think you should try a 50.2 if possible... it should do close to 200 kcd and 3000 lumens.

The astrolux ft03 xhp50.2 version. The ft03 is essentially your mateminco mt35vn mini. Same light but diff emitter.
The ft03 does about 4300 lumens and 150kcd with a single 26650

Patriot

Flashaholic
The astrolux ft03 xhp50.2 version. The ft03 is essentially your mateminco mt35vn mini. Same light but diff emitter.
The ft03 does about 4300 lumens and 150kcd with a single 26650

XHP50.2 are being driven to 4300L now? I must be living under a rock.

Latest posts