• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam W10vn G2 - 640Kcd Throw King R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Let us know about ur W10vn G2 when u get it. Saving one formyself for sure!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
My w10vn g2 arrived today and just after a couple mins of playing, I had to report here. For those of you that can afford this light, do not let this opportunity drift away!! It's an absolute insane killer! I like this even more than the w30vn. Only cus of the size difference. I got 677 kcd at turn on. Man, this sorta throw from a 1.25 or so diameter is mind blowing. Get this while you still can. I'm tempted to buy another just because of the discontinuation.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
My w10vn g2 arrived today and just after a couple mins of playing, I had to report here. For those of you that can afford this light, do not let this opportunity drift away!! It's an absolute insane killer! I like this even more than the w30vn. Only cus of the size difference. I got 677 kcd at turn on. Man, this sorta throw from a 1.25 or so diameter is mind blowing. Get this while you still can. I'm tempted to buy another just because of the discontinuation.

Expensive yes. But impressive for sure. Kinda make all the smaller thrower obsolete. I kinda like it that it has hot spot and corona too so the beam is relatively useful.

Without a doubt, it makes the aspheric no spill throwers like the XSvn/NMvn obsolete, definitely!

Is it possible to fit a LEP setup into something the size of the 47s Goliath V2? Only then would I say it would make smaller throwers obsolete. But I'd hate to have only a zero spill LEP light on me in the actual dark if I need to walk around. No real ability to see dangers directly in front of you...

But let's be honest, who only carries one light? Haha.

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Without a doubt, it makes the aspheric no spill throwers like the XSvn/NMvn obsolete, definitely!

Is it possible to fit a LEP setup into something the size of the 47s Goliath V2? Only then would I say it would make smaller throwers obsolete. But I'd hate to have only a zero spill LEP light on me in the actual dark if I need to walk around. No real ability to see dangers directly in front of you...

But let's be honest, who only carries one light? Haha.

don't ever carried 1 light.. anything can happened.. always carry 2-3 lights. 👍

SKV89

Enlightened
I just got my W10vn G2 today. Vinh's card says 510lumens and 645kcd. I measured it using the included Acebeam battery and got 495 lumens. I charged up the battery and cleaned all contact points with alcohol like what I always do with new lights. It measures 556 lumens at 2 sec. That is very impressive considering my W30vn HI CRI measures 300 lumens.

The throw is no comparison for the W30 for sure but it is hard to tell whether it throws farther than the Delta. It was kind of foggy tonight and it seems like the W10 performs a little worst than the Delta in fog as there seems to be more refraction. I found some clear spots with less fog and it seems the W10 throws a bit further. However, I see better detail with the Delta than the W10 because the Delta has a great tint whereas the W10 has a very greenish tint.

With a spectrometer I measured the following:
Center of beam:
CCT: 8531K
DUV: 0.0068
Ra (CRI): 69.5
R9: -42.4
R12: 15.9
Rf: 63
Rg: 87

At the corona:
CCT: 4221K
DUV: 0.0220 (very green like the NI40 SST-40 dedomed)
Ra (CRI): 65.0
R9: -60.6
R12: 6.5
Rf: 67
Rg: 86

For those that have both the W10 and W30 CW, are the tints similar? From beamshots, it looks like the W30 has a more standard CW tint and not this green.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just got my W10vn G2 today. Vinh's card says 510lumens and 645kcd. I measured it using the included Acebeam battery and got 495 lumens. I charged up the battery and cleaned all contact points with alcohol like what I always do with new lights. It measures 556 lumens at 2 sec. That is very impressive considering my W30vn HI CRI measures 300 lumens.

The throw is no comparison for the W30 for sure but it is hard to tell whether it throws farther than the Delta. It was kind of foggy tonight and it seems like the W10 performs a little worst than the Delta in fog as there seems to be more refraction. I found some clear spots with less fog and it seems the W10 throws a bit further. However, I see better detail with the Delta than the W10 because the Delta has a great tint whereas the W10 has a very greenish tint.

With a spectrometer I measured the following:
Center of beam:
CCT: 8531K
DUV: 0.0068
Ra (CRI): 69.5
R9: -42.4
R12: 15.9
Rf: 63
Rg: 87

At the corona:
CCT: 4221K
DUV: 0.0220 (very green like the NI40 SST-40 dedomed)
Ra (CRI): 65.0
R9: -60.6
R12: 6.5
Rf: 67
Rg: 86

For those that have both the W10 and W30 CW, are the tints similar? From beamshots, it looks like the W30 has a more standard CW tint and not this green.

Tint vary greatly with LEP lights in genreal.

SKV89

Enlightened
I think it is due to the refraction of the fog. The very high CCT seems to refract more making it hard to see into the distance. Also the high DUV causing a greenish tint makes it harder to make out the detail of objects compared to the Delta. But where there is less fog, the W10 seems to throw a bit farther and it seems to have a slightly larger hotspot. The W10vn is surely a very impressive and fun light though especially for the size. Imagine if later on they can get a 2,000 lumens in there. It will be 2+ MCD in a pocketable form factor.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I measure 633kcd from my W10vn Gen 2. It out throws both my Mt35mini with W2 and my Delta Olson. Amazing light and also the tint is a million times better then my w10vn Gen 1. Gen 1 is a weird blue and the gen 2 is a nice warm white. I quite like it.

SKV89

Enlightened
Are you sure it is not too green? I love warm white and neutral white but my sample seems too much on the green, which makes it look yellow giving you the impression of warm white. The Oslon CW looks much better to me.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually in person don't see any green, if there is barely. It's got a nice warm tint. It's a hell of a lot better then the blue gross spot of the gen 1.