• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R (DISCONTINUED SOON)

SKV89

Enlightened
Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

Was it like 1.00MCD to 1.30 MCD? Just wondering.

I was kind of disappointed at this light when I turned it on the first time because it didn't seem to do that much better than the Delta. Wish I had just gotten a 6500K version and might have gotten twice the throw.

W30vn 9th Sample
HCRI
1Mcd Stock, Boosted to 1.3mcd

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Was it like 1.00MCD to 1.30 MCD? Just wondering. Yeah the boost have it 30% more intensity.

I was kind of disappointed at this light when I turned it on the first time because it didn't seem to do that much better than the Delta. Wish I had just gotten a 6500K version and might have gotten twice the throw.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

W30vn 10th Sample
1.6Mcd Stock, Boosted to 2.2Mcd & 530L (Sorry forgot to measure Lumen before boost)

Last edited:

SKV89

Enlightened

Vinh can you take a lumen measurement too? I want to see how it compares with the CW version. Thanks.

SKV89

Enlightened

W30vn HCRI after boost measured 300 Lumen

Thank you Vinh. 31% increase from my 228 lumen measurement assuming our calibration is the same.

Sad that the CW variant are all measuring 500+ lumens after boost

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Thank you Vinh. 31% increase from my 228 lumen measurement assuming our calibration is the same.

yeah SAD SAD I think HCRI for this type of light is a GImmick?

SKV89

Enlightened

Wouldn't have been a gimmick if the output wasn't half of the CW. I actually like the HI CRI tint, but dislike the ultra CW bullseye at the center of the warm beam. Maybe a HI CRI version of a 1,000 lumen rated LEP will get it to a usable 500+ lumens.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Wouldn't have been a gimmick if the output wasn't half of the CW. I actually like the HI CRI tint, but dislike the ultra CW bullseye at the center of the warm beam. Maybe a HI CRI version of a 1,000 lumen rated LEP will get it to a usable 500+ lumens.

Agree

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, or anyone else, please let us know if/when you receive a 4000k model. Curious if the output is close to the cool white, since both are about 65 CRI, according to Acebeam. When I buy one it will be either 4000k or Hi CRI, since I just don't care for cool white beams, regardless of distance.

SKV89

Enlightened

Just received my boosted HI CRI back from Vinh. Measures 295 lumens at turn-on. 295/228 = 29.4% bump in lumens so Vinh's measurements are pretty close to my Maukka calibrated measurements. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh, just wondering when you would start backfilling orders.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, just wondering when you would start backfilling orders.

Not yet.

I have to take the light off the store as I am getting too many orders.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's pretty awesome, so much demand that you have to take it off the menu lol. Too unfortunate that they are hard to find in stock, gotta love supply and demand.

was_jlh

Enlightened

Is there any point in buying one of the 6500k (which is what I would want) lights on Amazon from acelumen with the expectation that I would receive a decent sample and vinh would be able to improve at some point in the future if I kept it sealed and shipped to him?

Been continuing to collect lights but inactive here for years and I know things have changed.

TIA

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh, sorry bud - any new dates for fulfilling back orders?