Acebeam X45vn - ARK (25K Lumen)

B

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
The extra runtime using the battery pack might be a mute point for me if the X45vn gets too hot on 30% for extended run time situations. I would think that this light would run cooler at 30% (7,500 lumen) than my TN30vn50 (7,000 lumen) popcan because of the larger head on the X45, but I am not sure it does. I'm gonna test that out tonight.

I was able to run at 30% for 15 minutes, it got warm but not too hot. Running at 50% got hotter that I am comfortable with after about 7 minutes. It could likely run at 40% for a long time as well.

The SkyLumen site says something about a 30 second turbo burst, but mine did not seem to step down. I will try it again tonight and watch the time closely. Does anyone know what the light steps down to?

D

drummer132132

Enlightened
I was able to run at 30% for 15 minutes, it got warm but not too hot. Running at 50% got hotter that I am comfortable with after about 7 minutes. It could likely run at 40% for a long time as well.

The SkyLumen site says something about a 30 second turbo burst, but mine did not seem to step down. I will try it again tonight and watch the time closely. Does anyone know what the light steps down to?

I think you set your own turbo timer so yours might be different than the 30 second burst vinh mentioned. He may have said 30 seconds is what he'd do for at turbo. In terms of what the light steps down to is 50%. Take with a grain of salt.

B

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened

I tried running the X45vn again last night for 15 minutes at 30% and by the end I was holding on to the back half of the handle. It was warmer outside and that really seemed to make a difference. My freshly charged VTC5A's were down to 3.65v, around 50% I think. I am going to try it at 20% tonight and see what happens.

B

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Does anyone know if Vinh does any additional heat sinking to the X45vn. It seams like the driver area generates more heat than the LED's.

MAD777

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh almost always adds heat sink and squirts Thermal paste in any gaps. My sample weighs 1/2 ounce more than Acebeam spec... probably due to the heat sink.

The amount he can add depends upon the space available in the cavity of the light.

There's no way to dissipate all the heat due to X45vn phenomenal over-performance.

B

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I am a bit late to the party, but my secondhand X45vn just showed up today. Man this light is a beast! Having a ton of fun with it. Even just using it in my living room with afternoon indirect sunlight streaming in requires squinting for me lol!!!

I am also impressed with the fact that it feels so small in your hand. I knew it would be smaller than my TK75vnkt, but it feels really compact. Good stuff! Might end up carrying it around more often than I thought.

AmericanDissent

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
I've had my X45vn 6500K 70.2 since this past summer, definitely am impressive light! I had been out of the flashlight world for several years, and the brightest in my stable at the time was a stock SR96 (~4800lm). As you can imagine, firing up the X45vn for the first time was a bit of a shock. It's truly amazing how far the tech has come during my time away from the hobby. I've managed to acquire 11 V54 lights in the past 8 months on a limited budget. You know, priorities :sssh:

B

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good, Vinh!

MAD777

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful light, Vinh! I love my X45vn with 4 cells, 8 can only be better, right? This is truly an amazing light, and an amazing value!

L

LichtAn!

Enlightened
Was there ever a dedomed version build from Vinh? I wonder what the tradeoff between lumens and lux would be.

search_and_rescue

search_and_rescue

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
The one I used to have was amazing. The wiring is of the highest quality, good enough for the International Space Station! If ever I get wealthy again, a luxury item like this is a must-have! 😀 Boom! The entire large section in front of you becomes a welcoming daylight. The tint is that good!

B

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a great time last night shining my X45vn at my uncle's house out in the woods. What an awesome way to check out the area! Unfortunately I hadn't been out in real darkness in a while, but the wait was worth it for how much fun that was. :)