ACEBEAM X80

Wurkkos

KG_Tuning

Enlightened
Its arrived, the X80 IS tiny!!! Similar height to the Noctigon Meteor with the exact same width

The DT70 is more of a thrower than flooder but the graduation from hotspot to spill is so gradual it looks like a pure flooder. Great light (though many report reliability issues) but the Imalent DX80 will probably be more impressive, but bigger.

Last edited:

KG_Tuning

Enlightened
X80 is just brilliant, pure white light, no horrid hotspot like on the X45, no horrid petals, it's like a 25,000 lumen Nitecore Tip. The hotspot on the X80 is 4 times bigger than the X45 which is far better. Tbh it's got the biggest hotspot I've ever seen in a light and it blends nicely into the spill unlike the X45, which is just a bloody annoying yellow circle.

The colour modes are bright and floody. It gets hot fast, but 30 secs should be manageable outdoors which is great for the size. The batteries are packed in very tight for optimum contact but my flat-top Sony VTC5A still fit.

Last edited:

TSO

Newly Enlightened
X80 is just brilliant, pure white light, no horrid hotspot like on the X45, no horrid petals, it's like a 25,000 lumen Nitecore Tip. The hotspot on the X80 is 4 times bigger than the X45 which is far better. Tbh it's got the biggest hotspot I've ever seen in a light and it blends nicely into the spill unlike the X45, which is just a bloody annoying yellow circle.

The colour modes are bright and floody. It gets hot fast, but 30 secs should be manageable outdoors which is great for the size. The batteries are packed in very tight for optimum contact but my flat-top Sony VTC5A still fit.

MORE INFO!! Beamshots? Impressions? Comparisons?
:)

KG_Tuning

Enlightened

My mate that went with me last night doesn't know the lumens, cost or build quality of these 3 lights and the DT70 impressed him the most as it still does me. 700m of flood in your peripheral with that nice shaved XHP70 tint takes some beating.

X80 is the best for smaller areas though as it lights it all up evenly without washing out what's in front of you. X45 takes the prize for heat management.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

My mate that went with me last night doesn't know the lumens, cost or build quality of these 3 lights and the DT70 impressed him the most as it still does me. 700m of flood in your peripheral with that nice shaved XHP70 tint takes some beating.

X80 is the best for smaller areas though as it lights it all up evenly without washing out what's in front of you. X45 takes the prize for heat management.

Nice comparison. If I could only choose one it would have to be the DT70. It seemed to have the nicest tint and put all the lumens where you need them. Thanks for sharing.

TSO

Newly Enlightened
KG, thanks for the quick sharing of your experiences!
Honestly, though...I'm rather amazed at the apathy regarding this groundbreaking instrument. You'd think that something that more than doubles the popular Meteor and other similar offerings would have some interest.
Nevertheless, I'm very interested in your insights. Thanks for posting, and looking forward to other observations, as you have the time.
Cheers!

king2penn

Enlightened
Am a reseller for Acebeam and the X80 quality is really, really good. Colour LEDs are super bright and very nice flood also. White light is super awesome. Only comment is that maybe the heat vent should be bigger
SUPER FLOODER
Acebeam's quality is almost on par with the bigger manufacturers now

please can one of you upload the manual for the X80 so i can read it while i wait for mine to be delivered

thank you

off topic will i automatically get email notifications ?

Keitho

Enlightened
i just got my X80

how long do the batteries take to charge ? its my FIRST LED torch besides my nitecore TIP so i have no clue

I know it is completely off topic, and will understand if a mod deletes this post because it is so far removed from the Acebeam X80 thread. But, in case someone arrives here looking for charge times of 18650 cells, for some reason...

I'd start in one of these two places (http://lygte-info.dk/info/roundCellChargerIndex UK.html or http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?436244-Index-of-reviewed-chargers-with-parameters), which has about 191 charger reviews/data at the time of this post. Each charger of 18650 cells has different charge times depending on the charger settings, the charge state of the cells (discharged, fully charged, or in between), the cell being charged, then number of cells being charged at one time, etc. By reading and understanding the review of your particular charger, then reading and understanding the reviews of the cells, then using a DMM to determine each cell's present voltage, an estimate of charge time can be determined with some arithmetic.

There is additional good information about selecting and charging 18650's here at lygte-info.dk and http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ons-about-18650-batteries-charging-and-buying

And now, a moment of silence to the subscribers we have lost this year. :candle:

archimedes

Moderator,
Staff member
CPF Supporter

A post above has been edited for language (and a quote of it has also been removed)

Please consider this to be a warning @icantchooseone

KG_Tuning

Enlightened
Seems a few people, myself included, are experiencing the UV light failing. Mine has stopped working after just a couple of hours use.