ACK! Lost my fenix PD30 and my Dad's PD20 same week

lovemysan

Newly Enlightened
I lost my pd30 and the a week later I lost my Dad's pd20(which was sentimental he EDC'd till the day he died in march). I've carried my Fenix PD30 R5 for years and its been bomb proof reliable. I find the 18650 lights too bulky. I'm looking to replace it with something similar sized, similar reliability, but I need need need fast access to the strobe. I use this for security work and its an important tool for me. I can't seem to find anything else that lets me get to the strobe in 2 clicks.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Led Lenser F1 has instant access to the strobe and is CR123 powered. Kinda of a small light for security work though.
Otherwise the Nitecore P20/25 has an instant strobe button on the rear of light but are 18650 powered.

stienke

Enlightened
Go to the marketplace , post a WTB thread and maybe you can get a used/mint or new PD30 if you want one again.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear you lost your PD30. I had the same problem last year though I was lucky enough to find my PD30 again in one of my hiking packs.

The easiest option would be to get another PD30: it's discontinued but you can still find quite a few around, possiblly on sale too.

The Streamlight ProTac 2L also should take only CR123s and have very easy access to strobe.

The foursevens QP2L (reverse clicky) and QT2L (forward clicky) would have customizable UIs that allow you to pre-set strobe either with the head loosened or tightened.

Most lights are in the 18650 format for obvious reasons so you have a limited choice.

kj2

Flashaholic
Think the Marketplace is indeed, the best place to find one. Or one must be lucky to find it, at a online-store.

Latest posts