• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Adjustable 10A linear LED driver - New and Improved!

Al Combs

Enlightened
Re: Adjustable 10A linear LED driver - limited quantities

:paypal: for an IS1006-1025 + Shipping.

Thank you Don.:wave:

calflash

Enlightened

Hello,
I would like to order (1) IS1006-1025 - 10A/2.5A. $29.95 has been sent through paypal.
Thank you.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello,
I would like to order (1) IS1006-1025 - 10A/2.5A. $29.95 has been sent through paypal.
Thank you.

Got it!

If I can get that built tonight, it will ship tomorrow, otherwise Wednesday.

Thanks.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast

DIW, I have had 4 of your drivers sitting around in my parts bin for a while with the original project been put on hold.

But I another project in mind.

I want to wire 3 SST-50's up serial and run them off a boats 12v power supply ( voltage may go as high as 14v)
Will the driver handle this?

Also how do I tell the difference from the 5 a and 9 a drivers?

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast

DIW, I have had 4 of your drivers sitting around in my parts bin for a while with the original project been put on hold.

But I another project in mind.

I want to wire 3 SST-50's up serial and run them off a boats 12v power supply ( voltage may go as high as 14v)
Will the driver handle this?

Also how do I tell the difference from the 5 a and 9 a drivers?

The max input voltage spec on the op-amp that's on the standard part is 12V. I built a couple of boards with an 18V op-amp for someone, which would be better for this application (though more expensive).

I don't know if a boat is as bad as a car, but for automotive applications it's recommended that electronics be able to handle at least 40V, preferrably 60V or more, for short periods, and they should have good transient protection. I don't think an IS1006, even the 18V version, would last long in an automotive environment without additional protection. They were really intended for hand-held battery applications.

You can tell the boards apart by the value of the large power resistor. A 10A board has a 0.02 ohm, 8A has 0.025, and 5A has 0.04 ohm. I've been careful to make sure the value is readable on all boards.

D

sylviocc

Newly Enlightened

Hi, how much to ship it to Brazil??

Regards.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi, how much to ship it to Brazil??

Regards.

$12.78 USD without insurance or tracking
$26.63 with insurance

I cannot be responsible for an uninsured package once it has been shipped.

Please note the following from the Brazil chapter of the International Mail Manual at www.usps.gov:

1. First-Class Mail International items may not contain dutiable articles.
  2. Import licenses are required for many kinds of goods and senders should ascertain from the addressee before mailing that the necessary documents are held.
  3. Imports are allowed by mail, including mail order catalog shipments, up to a value of U.S. $500 (U.S. $1000 for computer software) without the requirement of an import license provided the item is not for resale. Shipments valued at no more than U.S. $50 are duty free and are delivered to the addressee; shipments above U.S. $50 can be picked up at the post office upon payment of import duties. Imports that are prohibited or subject to special regulations must comply with applicable Brazilian government provisions. Identical shipments from the same source to the same person or address in Brazil within a 90 day period are considered part of the same shipment and may be subject to confiscation. Other merchandise that usually enters duty free includes items such as newspapers, maps, books, and magazines.
  4. Shipments for which an import permit has not been issued are considered contraband and confiscated.

Greg.B

Newly Enlightened

If you still have any i would love 2-IS1006-1025. Thanks

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have three left before going to pre-order status.

Got your payment. They will ship on Friday.

Now I have one left.

There are a couple I've sold that I know aren't being used yet; maybe the owners will offer to sell them here (or elsewhere). I don't know if that violates forum rules, but it's fine with me if they want to, as long as they don't ask more than $25 USD equivalent plus shipping. Otherwise, it looks like we will be going to pre-order status pretty soon!

D

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast

The last driver is now spoken for:D, so there won't be any more, at least for a while:(.

Thanks to everyone who provided input, whether you bought drivers or not. And thanks to all who bought drivers. When I ordered 50 boards, I never imagined I'd run out. It's been fun and interesting, and I even made a little money.

Now as for the future, I will build more if there is enough interest. I don't want to tie up anyone's money for a long time, and it's not certain there will ever be enough interest to warrant ordering more boards, so here's how I will proceed. I hope this is consistent with forum policies. Anyone, please let me know if it's not.

If you want one (or more) let me know and I'll put you on the 'I want' list. When there are 12 drivers wanted, I'll start asking for money. When there are 10 paid for, I will order boards. From that point it will be approximately three weeks before I can start shipping.

If you send a payment and later decide you want it back, I will issue refunds if I receive the request before I order boards. If the request is received after boards are ordered, I will issue refunds if doing so would not violate the 10 order minimum (so you might have to wait until someone else orders a driver). Keep in mind that after a certain period, PayPal charges a fee to return money. I believe that period is 60 days, but if you are concerned you should verify that.

I will continue updating the first post in this thread with the current status. If you want a status update, check the title, first few and last few lines of the first post, even if it doesn't appear there's a new post in the thread.

Thanks again to everyone. It's been a fun ride so far.

Don

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Per PM,

I'll take the last one, modified to 7 Amp.

Thanks

:paypal:

RoBeacon

Enlightened

If this drive was used in conjuction with a single pole tripple throw / Center off switch would it be possible to stop the parasitic drain and switch between low and high? If so this driver would be perfect for me. If you don't have enough people wanting more I would be interested in building my own if you would be okay with sharing a parts list.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast

If this drive was used in conjuction with a single pole tripple throw / Center off switch would it be possible to stop the parasitic drain and switch between low and high? If so this driver would be perfect for me. If you don't have enough people wanting more I would be interested in building my own if you would be okay with sharing a parts list.

I think the switch would need to be double pole in order to cut the current to zero. If you use a single pole, in the center position the lamp is off but there is a small current still flowing in the driver (less than 0.5 mA). With a double pole switch you can control both the brightness and the power to the driver, dropping the current to nearly zero. However there will still be a very small leakage current (max of 1 micro-amp at room temperature) flowing through the LED and the control FET. That's if you want to use a small, low current switch that cannot handle the LED current.

If even the tiny leakage current is a problem, and your switch can handle the full LED current, then you could completely cut the current to zero. But it would still need to be a double pole switch.

I have no problem with you using the circuit. There is a schematic posted earlier in the thread. The only thing is you'll want to change R7 from 1K to 10 ohms and R1 from 0.05 ohms to 0.02 ohms. I'll even e-mail you the data sheet if you want it. It has schematic, wiring diagrams, and some discussions on modding.

D

RoBeacon

Enlightened

The drain isn't a big deal I was just curious. Less drain is better. I would love the email any info helps. Thank you btw for all the help.