Advice for Headlamp

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Hey there
I need some advice about a headlamp. I am looking for one to use while fishing at night. So i think the best thing would be to have multi levels and something that would be able to provide a low light flood and maybe a high power spot (if possible). I don't want the light to be to heavy and for it to be comfortable to wear as chances are it will be used for a few hours at a time.

Not looking to spend a fortune, probably around the $50 mark (i am willing to spend more if necessary/justified), need to be able to by it from an online distributor or dealer that ships to Australia.

i really don't have any experience with headlamps. I have had a look at some of the threads but don't really know what i am looking at and where to get it. Any advice will be much appreciated.

nzbazza

Enlightened
I can think of a few options however all are over $50. All are commonly available in outdoor shops here in NZ.

Black Diamond Spot: Lux1 for high powered spot with good spill and 3x5mm leds for low level flood. Runs on 3AAA, either alks, nimh rechargables, or L92 lithiums.

Petzl Tika XP: Lux1 for high powered spot with good spill and sliding diffuser for low level flood. Runs on 3AAA, either alks or nimh rechargables.

Black Diamond Zenix IQ: Lux1 for high powered spot with good spill and 2x5mm leds for low level flood. Runs on 2AA, either alks, nimh rechargables, or L92 lithiums.