• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph builds and availability

GutWrench

Enlightened
I was just pokin fun about the price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif The Aleph is a fantastic system, worth every penny.

As to the shop...I dont have the expertise yet to build my own. But im studying all the links and threads on the issue.

Darell

Flashaholic
GutWrench -

The Shoppe now has turnkey units for purchase. If you want a standard configuration, the Shoppe may have what you're looking for, and the Shoppe can sell for a bit less than those of us who are building them in custom configurations one at a time.

If you need any hand-holding/questions answered/advice - the custom builders are the ones to go to.

GutWrench

Enlightened
I dont know you well enough yet to hold hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, I'll do whatever Darell will do for $10 less. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Even standing against a lamp post?!?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this is great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The builders are all well regarded modders with alot of experience and know-how.

The Aleph Light Engine is a well executed, slick idea and provides for upgrading or updating your Aleph by simply ordering the LE. I can install it myself and don't have to take my bezel/head out of service and ship it somewhere. For the nonproficient with small and electrical things (like me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/duh2.gif ) this is just the cat's meow.

I remember looking at a Pelican M6 kit of Don's on his website. It had about 6 different modules that the owner could easily replace in the M6 for substantial variety in performance.

The Aleph series is even better. You're not limited to just the one Pelican Reflector for one, but have the 20mm and 38mm McGizmo reflectors that can be changed with a bezel transfer.

PLUS, all those body lengths that are readily available!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I don't have to buy SF lights for their bodies. Also, I don't have to fiddle with extenders, adapters and such. I can buy a 1x123 Aleph body in HAIII black for a fraction of what I'd pay for a SF E1x body in HAIII black, if I could find one. Besides, the SF clips are unwelcome on my lights.

The McE2s two stage switches handily solve most of my switch issues.

Congratulations, Don and all of you Aleph builders! Best wishes!

Geode

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
GutWrench said:
So are you guys going to compete for lowest price?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting thought. My $.02 - If I am already in for about $200, the price differentials I am seeing haven't been large enough to get my attention.

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Geode said:
Interesting thought. My $.02 - If I am already in for about $200, the price differentials I am seeing haven't been large enough to get my attention.

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed. The idea is to go with who you like (or, in my case - whoever looks best). We aren't competing over who's willing to work for free here! The modders/builders are all selling for quite similar amounts as you've noticed.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Hi guys,

I have been meaning to post a notice as well as thank you to those involved with the Aleph builds (and certainly those of you who have been supporting us with your purchases!!)

In addition to the Shoppe having components available for Do-It-Yourself, the Shoppe is also now offering TK Aleph Lights . Along with the Shoppe and my own small number of builds, we have Chop , Tyler Durden , Darell , kj and Jolly Roger also building to suit with these Aleph and related components.

I would like to think that these lights are worthy of the time and effort that these guys have invested in building them as well as in the investments you folks have made in acquiring them. I know that there is no way that just me building as well as designing and ordering the components can provide the quantity of finished lights that there has been demand and interest in. By the time I could work through all of the parts in personal builds, technology and CPF would have left me in the dust! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Now that there is a group effort here, hopefully more lights and variations will be available and the Aleph line has a much better chance of further development and enhancements with accessories and new configurations.

This has been an experiment in a different form of building with an autonomy and independent individuals working from the same sources of components with very similar output. So far, so good from what I can tell and again I thank them and thank you!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don are you the only one that's doing the custom tailcap with tritium vials or can these other modders do that as well?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ray,
I think I may be alone on that one. The caps need to be milled prior to plating and you need the H3 vial of course. I am getting real low on these though.........

Latest posts