Aleph Tailcap (McE2s) Info and ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGizmo

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
There has been E-mails and requests from folks about the two stage switches and their use outside of the Aleph system (SF KL1 & KL4) and since there are now some variations to the shells and buttons, I wanted to dedicate a locked and sticky thread specifically to the tail cap switches. I will revise and add to this post as time permits and new developments come about. For now, I want to identify what is available:

tailcaps-primary.jpg

The standard, trim and bald versions use the same two stage switch module and rubber button boot. The Flat Top uses a modified "hair trigger" main body switch component as well as a shortened button. The length of stroke from low to high has been shortened noticibly but the additional spring tension from low to high still allows for good control of light output. The resistor PCB's are interchangeable and of course the effect on the converters will be the same regardless of switch configuration. A picture of the two switch asemblies is shown below:

tailcaps-compare.jpg

There is some comprehensive information about the switch functions and resistor values VS applications in the Aleph FAQ's For ordering information and method of contact, please review the Custom build pricing and ordering post. In short, these switches are all available from me for $50 which includes postage and PP fees. The variations shown here can be substituted in an Aleph build but please be specific in your request! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Although subject to availability on hand, currently, I have some of all of the above versions available in HA-Nat, HA-Bk (the Aleph dark gray color) and Raw Al. There will also be one additional shell version in the near future which will be the standard shell with its guard removed to serve as a "fat" or "tactical" bald or flat top. I will post a picture when I get the shells back from the anodizers. Needless to say, there are just plain too many options here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I have a few of the standard caps in HA-Nat and HA-Bk that have a single tritium vial in them on the opposite side from the tab mounting hole. The other caps styles are not offered with the tritium (H3) option.

If you have any questions about these switches, please look at other switch threads here in the McGizmo forum or start a thread of your own.

EDIT:

There has been an additional tail cap shell made from modifying the standard tail cap by removing the guard. It is shown below with the previous variations:

tailcaps-primary-new.jpg

With so many variations and all done at least initially in both the hard andodize black (Slate gray) as well as HA-Nat, these will not all be available as time goes by and there is no plan at present to replenish them necessarily.

On the Shoppe, the Standard Flat Top is currently going by the name "chopped".

Status
Not open for further replies.