Alkaline brand least likely to leak?

snakebite

eneloop nimh of course.
same electrolyte as alkaleaks but far less likely to leak.
as for brands of alkaleaks thats like pointing at a den of rattlesnakes and asking which one is least likely to bite.

Last edited:

thermal guy

I have had Duracell’s leak in a week in my lights and had the cheapest AA’s I could find hold up with no leaks after a year in one of my cheap car lights. And that’s being in a hot car for a year. this was of course before I stopped using them. Only L91’s and eneloops for me now. I’m not sure any brand is better then the other.

lunas

Actually nimh do leak, but rarely damaging mostly a white dry powder and lithium primaries almost never leak too but there have been reported cases of them leaking (very very rare). And to Frijid, don't trust any brand.... luck or not... to not leak on you. It only takes one leak to ruin your day and make you curse alkaleaks.
never seen nimh or lithium leak explode yes vent hydrogen yes technically heavy duty batteries are carbon zinc

Stefano

I too have had negative experiences with Duracell (especially with the Duracell Industrial type) big losses in a short time.
With Energizer Alkaline, on the other hand, I still haven't seen any losses even after a few years.
The ones that impressed me the most are the AA batteries that Fenix gives away with their torches (Pairdeer Industrial)
I have some Fenix E11 and other Fenix 2xAA lights sold with these free batteries, still no leaks from around 2013/2014.