• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ALL SOLD POP2 V2.31 TXOH sammies

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Re: POP2 V2.31 TXOH sammies

baram, you got it! It's the whitest I've seen and longer runtime too. I think it's the best POP2 out there now

Last one

baram

Newly Enlightened

Hi cgpeanut,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif to your pp cash account.

Thanks.
------------------
Hyun

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Okay, I'm going to ask this, ONE MORE TIME and please bear with me. Look at my posts above. I asked about the copper heat sink and was ignored.

This thread has been changed from when it first appeared but it stated; ...sammies with copper heat sink". Even the nice copper filled sammie pictures are gone!

I'll ask again, my POP2 module that I purchased from this thread, DID NOT have a copper heat sink! It came with some rough filler in the middle that barely fit into a FF or mini Mag barrel but NO COPPER HEATSINK! WHY and please don't ignore this question again! Thank you.

P.S. This is no condemnation of Roberto as he has tried to be helpful but I don't understand his answers sometimes. Just let me know why there wasn't a copper heatsink.

***EDIT*** Roberto and DJ were kind enough to provide answers and I see where the confusion was. It's folks like you two that make this place great. Much thanks to both of you gentlemen!

djpark

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Gene said:Okay, I'm going to ask this, ONE MORE TIME and please bear with me. Look at my posts above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gene,

I will try to answer your pevious question on using the light.

[ QUOTE ]
All I could do is get one mode, which seemed like about "medium" brightness. All the clicking in the world couldn't bring up another mode.
|
Too bad you just couldn't click or turn once for low, again for high, again for strobe and yet again for SOS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand how you feel. I was kind of surprised to see a local cpfer just clicking the switch non stop when he held a POP2 modded Q3 without waiting for me to explain how to use. He ended somewhere which took a while for me to find out.

Later when I showed a POP2 modded Fenix light to my son, he did the same and got nothing other than the 'user selected brightness' which looks like a medium level. Only when I showed him how to trigger the available options, he udnerstood and he decided to keep it.

This made me reaffirm the idea that not every special features can be appreciated by everyone. Some people will prefer having something very simple and predictable yet reliable while some will want to play all kind of hi-tech features.

I am planning something which will eliminate much of certain requirement of POP2 to trigger the available features. And also your opinion of just going to next option round robin on every power up suggests me to add as another UI.

Coming back to your light, will you try this quick turtorial? I assuming your light is still in UI1, but if the behavior is different, you can check with the operation charts above.

First, turn on the light and wait till you see a single short flicker, then turn it off. We know next turn on will start as default level.

1) Turn on the light. On this default mode, you shall get the same default level which is 'user settable brightness'. After a single short flicker, turn off the light. Next turn on will start as default level again.

2) Now, turn on the light, turn off (almost) immediately when you see the light. Then the light will come to the alternative brightness level which is 'max' brightness level. If you leave the light on till a short single flicker, the next turn on will bring the default 'user settable' level.

3) In the same manner, turn on the light, turn off immediately, turn on, turn off immediately, turn on (3rd time) and wait a second when you see a flicker of light. The light will go in to the 'user brightness setting' mode. The light will start from dim level going up to brighter level and going down repeatedly. If you turn off the light at a certain point, that particular brightness is remembered as the new 'user set brightness'. Next turn on will bring this brightness as default brightness.

4) In the same manner, when you turn on the light 4th time, it will get into the strobe mode. If you leave it in the strobe mode for a second or longer, next turn on will go back to the default 'user set' brightness.

I tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope it could help. It may need a little bit of patience.

-- dj

Latest posts